• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4th of July Fireworks

#1 User is offline   BugeyedMuggy 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

Hello Hollywood Studio Experts,
We will be staying at the Dolphin on July 4th. We want to see the HS studios fireworks, we have never seen them before. If we can't get into the park because of crowds, do you think the pathway from HS to the Boardwalk would offer a good vantage point?

Thanks in advance for any info or options.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

First, I'll bet you'll be able to get into DHS on July 4th. It hasn't closed for Juyl 4th due to crowds in past few years.

If you cant or dont want to, Boardwalk is too far. You'd have to be at the bag check or closer to really be able to see (and hear) the show.

Again, dont think you'll have an issue with park being closed due to crowds based on my personal experience.

#3 User is offline   BugeyedMuggy 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

Thanks for the info.

#4 User is offline   BugeyedMuggy 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:38 AM

Information for the future. We were able to watch the 4th of July fireworks from the walkway to Boardwalk. If you are walking from HS to Boardwalk, the area at the first bend at the end of the parking lot affords a panoramic view of the fireworks. We could hear Mulch, Sweat and Shears, but the sound was muffled a little. It was nice not to battle the crowds and we were able to see all of the fireworks. Just thought I would let the readers know.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

I was in the Studios for the 4th and crowds were quite manageable. Great show this year and glad I went.

#6 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

we saw it from the stairs by Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, it was fairly empty, people with their soft served ice cream cones and funnel cakes. Of course we didn't have the effect of the fireworks behind the hat but we could still see Mulch Sweat and Shears in the distance and see the fireworks un obstructed.
At the end we walked fast toward the exit, walking by 50's Prime Time and then walking thru Mickey's of Hollywood store,. We were in the car and able to see the illuminations tag from Epcot from the Hess station in front of DHS.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

View Postyulilin, on 05 July 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:

we saw it from the stairs by Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, it was fairly empty, people with their soft served ice cream cones and funnel cakes. Of course we didn't have the effect of the fireworks behind the hat but we could still see Mulch Sweat and Shears in the distance and see the fireworks un obstructed.
At the end we walked fast toward the exit, walking by 50's Prime Time and then walking thru Mickey's of Hollywood store,. We were in the car and able to see the illuminations tag from Epcot from the Hess station in front of DHS.

Interesting perspective. I'll have to remember that spot. To be honest, as long as you can hear Mulch, Sweat and Sheers, it's not a big deal if you cant see them. I couldn't see them really from halfway down Hollywood Blvd but I still enjoyed the show.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users