Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gray Exterior

#1 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:37 PM

In Matt's recent Why It's There article, he talks about how the old Endor Vendors facade is still visible, even though the rest of the store, now Tatooine Traders, is themed to the Skywalkers' home planet of Tatooine. I've read other discussions where people think it's weird that while the rest of the outside of Star Tours is themed to Endor, and the gift shop is Tatooine. I think it's that way because it gives you the feeling on being on a movie set. That's why you'll see a lot of "un-themed" walls and big lights and stuff you would see on a set.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:17 PM

It's a good question Jake. Why is the old Endor Vendors themed exterior still there? And like Jake said, why is the whole area themed to Endor and the gift shop is themed to Tatooine?

#3 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:50 PM

Most likely some expensive study was done to prove that people will spend more money (not Republic Credits of course) on Tatooine with Cantina music playing in the background. Blame it on the Tydarian been counter. :P :woot:

***wow, as a side note that I shouldn't be messing with anything when I'm tired, I deleted everything in my PM inbox apparently. So if I have failed to respond to anyone.... SORRY! I'm going to blame it on Jakes battery sucking laptop that crashed the entire chat last night! :joker:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#4 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:55 PM

Oh--all you SW geeks probably know this already, but there was a feature article on the Jedi Training Academy in the starwars.com Homing Beacon newsletter #211, entitled "When You Wish Upon a Death Star."

...what? Doesn't everyone subscribe to the StarWars.com Homing Beacon?

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:20 AM

Jeanine said:

Oh--all you SW geeks probably know this already, but there was a feature article on the Jedi Training Academy in the starwars.com Homing Beacon newsletter #211, entitled "When You Wish Upon a Death Star."

...what? Doesn't everyone subscribe to the StarWars.com Homing Beacon?
Is it this article: http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/content...raining-academy :?:

#6 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:05 AM

No it is an interview with Marcus Hurst, Principal Technical Director, Show Development and Production for Walt Disney World. I might be on the Homing Beacon Mailing list....
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users