• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where should Matt dine at next?

#21 User is offline   Willful 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

I'd love to hear your thoughts on either Mama Melrose or Brown Derby. Probably more so with Brown Derby because we haven't eaten there in years. In December, we ate at Mama Melrose and it was decent. I remember back in 2004 it wowed me more. But it could've been that it was because we in the midst of a whirlwind Holiday vacations. LOL So we're going again in June to try it again. :evil:

My wife and I enjoy Backlot because...while it's the typical Burger and Fries fare, it's more towards the back of the park. It does get super crowded after an Indy show lets out (clever marketing, Disney!). But we've always had a good meal there...and good luck with finding a table. Plus they have cool indoor seating as opposed to Rosie's All-American Cafe where it's all outside. But we do like Rosie's for quick food to take into a Fantasmic show. :D We just feel that Backlot is nicely themed and since it's towards the back of the park and not near ToT or RnRC like Rosie's it's less crowded.

#22 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:19 AM

The great thing about Backlot Express is it offers a nice selection of food and I've found the food to be good quality and the prices reasonable (relative to Disney). The Turkey sandwich you had Ken was a favorite of mine but it sounds like you got a dud (cold fries? Blech). I would definitely give it another try.

#23 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

Willful said:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on either Mama Melrose.

Its OK. Not great by any means. I'm hitting the brown derby in 2 weeks. Frankly, living in the New York metro area, there at least 5 or 6 italians places within a half hour's drive. And at least that many as good
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#24 User is offline   Willful 

• Studios Regular

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

MJMcBride said:

Its OK. Not great by any means. I'm hitting the brown derby in 2 weeks. Frankly, living in the New York metro area, there at least 5 or 6 italians places within a half hour's drive. And at least that many as good

I know this is WAAAY off topic... :evil: But seeing how you're talking about Italian places...I'm curious to how you'd rate Tony's at MK.

#25 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

Willful said:

MJMcBride said:

I know this is WAAAY off topic... :evil: But seeing how you're talking about Italian places...I'm curious to how you'd rate Tony's at MK.

Below Mama's, still in the average range, but definately behind mama's
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#26 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:09 PM

QuickGold said:

The great thing about Backlot Express is it offers a nice selection of food and I've found the food to be good quality and the prices reasonable (relative to Disney). The Turkey sandwich you had Ken was a favorite of mine but it sounds like you got a dud (cold fries? Blech). I would definitely give it another try.

My favorite thing about BE is all the stuff inside. Great eye candy for while you eat.

#27 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

Blixzit said:

QuickGold said:

My favorite thing about BE is all the stuff inside. Great eye candy for while you eat.
Yes, especially on the "left side" (if you are facing the registers) of the restaurant inside. There's a lot of hidden gems there.

#28 User is offline   Willful 

• Studios Regular

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

MJMcBride said:

Below Mama's, still in the average range, but definately behind mama's

Yeah, that's pretty much our thoughts on it too.

QuickGold said:

Yes, especially on the "left side" (if you are facing the registers) of the restaurant inside. There's a lot of hidden gems there.

We like that side the best. It seems less crowded. The right side (and up the ramp) seems more full. Outside is nice on a cooler days.

#29 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:29 PM

Sci-Fi! Sci-Fi! Sci-Fi!
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#30 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:50 AM

I vote Sci-Fi also. Because who doesn't like dining accompanied by the Movie Trailers of Death?

#31 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

Well it appears as though Brown Derby will be next as I'll be going there with Len Testa (of the Unofficial Guide) so I'll report back on it after tomorrow night :thumleft:

#32 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

If Testa's paying, order as much food as possible, and make the bill $700, for old time's sake.... lol

#33 User is offline   MickeyMaz 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:27 AM

Matt seems to be quietly ignoring the Sci-Fi requests. I would recommend the Brown Derby. We have been a couple times and all were good. It was the first place I had a Cobb Salad. I can't have one anywhere else with-out comparing it. And none so far compare. When we were there they had all of the celeb drwings on the wall. Looking for your favorite star was fun.

#34 User is offline   DebWDW 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

Brown Derby is a regular stop for us, so I can't wait to hear how your dining experience turns out!

#35 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

I love the Brown Derby, I'll go there just for the desserts. I also have had the Cobb Salad and something with chicken, can remember, but BANANA'S FOSTER, mmmm, really good. Have fun.

#36 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

MickeyMaz said:

Matt seems to be quietly ignoring the Sci-Fi requests. .

Yeah I do think the Sci-fi got more votes. But if the Testa Meal Ticket is in town, I can't blame Matt for changing :-)

#37 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

I wish I could have stayed longer today. Len invited me to the dinner tonight, but I had to leave right before then. :roll: He did buy me a coke at Tune-In, that really cooled me off, tell Testa I said thanks again!

#38 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

I'll have my review of Brown Derby for my column on Wednesday :)

#39 User is offline   Casey 

• Studios Regular

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

Casey's.

Oh.

Sci Fi.

Oops! Looks like you already decided on Brown Derby. Eat a couple of desserts!

#40 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

QuickGold said:

I'll have my review of Brown Derby for my column on Wednesday :)

I was just there for lunch myself. Liked the noodle bowl. I will probably put a review on Mouse Extra for that as well as Hollywood & Vine and Backlot Express
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users