• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We had the best day at DHS

#1 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

First of all as some of you know we go to the parks every Saturday, we've done this for about four years, and no, we don't get tired of it. :D
But I was inclined to write a report this time because we had the most awesome day yesterday.
Yes the power did go out, but it didn't affect what we where doing in any way.
We got there at 9:00 am went to get FP for TSM and got in line to ride, the time said that it was a 40m wait, it was actually 25m. Great time as always, my son beat us as always :lol:
Then we where heading over to Star Tours and saw that the Backlot tour was only a 10m wait. We decided to do it even though it's not one of my kids favorites. I learned that in the prop shop they're building some type of float that will have to do with Tinkerbell and the Faires for MK at the end of the year. Also the Streets of America is adding Chicago (I didn't know this).
After we where walking to Star Tours when my daughter spotted the Dream Team giving out Dream FP close to where Kim Possible is. Awesome!! :wink:
Got something to snack at the Writer's Shop and went to Star Tours only to be told that it was down. No problem, got ressies at Mama Melrose for lunch at 1pm. went to Lights, Motor, Action. we didn't need to use the FP, It was pretty empty (by this shows standars). Best of all after 3 years of trying my daughter got picked to be the Stunt Driver of the R/C car. :woot: She was beyond herself, so excited. Had a great lunch. Went to TSM to use our regular FP and we went again with our Dream FP (son always won all three times, but at least my daughter and I got better).
Went to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid and then found a CM friend that is from Scotland and is actually leaving this Friday :cry: She almost made me cry when she was saying goodbye to the kids. Waited for the parade and then went to RnRC, then went to watch Beauty and the Beast and my daughter was offered the chance to get the rose at the end of the show, but she already had gotten this dream so she told the CM to pick another girl. :) After we gave our three Dream FP to ToT to another family (I REALLY don't like this ride) and went to end the day at the Great Movie Ride, only 15 m wait. After my son wanted to see if Star Tours was back up, this was around 7pm, it was, althought the stand-by line was 50m, we used our FP and rode it. Saw some new toys from the CLone Wars, pretty cool.
Headed for an ice-cream at Gerties and that was the end of our perfect day at DHS.
BTW: my daughter lost her pin :cry: from LMA and I went back to the show and they gave me another one with no problem :o

#2 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

Sounded like a wonderful day Yulady, and dream fast passes to boot! A meal at Mama Melrose sounds wonderful about now. We will probably dine there in October. It's become one of our family's favorite restaurants at WDW.

Thanks for sharing your family's great day with us. It sounded like you guys covered a lot of ground.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

That's a great report. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful day in the Studios :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users