Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ToT Being Built in DL

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 August 2002 - 05:29 PM

Looks like MGM wont be the only place to experience ToT. Disney is building it in DL with 3 shafts(as opposed to 2 which is what is being used at MGM). Take a look at these pics from Westcoaster.net
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 22 August 2002 - 07:17 PM

THAT IS SOOOOOO COOL.....ARE THEY BUILDING IT AT DISNEY LAND EXCACTLY LIKE THE ONE AT WDW????? THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOO COOL.. YOU KNOW THAT I WANTED TO GO TO DL BUT MY I COULDN'T GO TO WDW IF I WENT TO DL SOO I SAID TO FORGET IT SOO I CAN SEE THE TOWER OF TERROR.....NOW I CAN SEE THE THE TOWER OF TERROR AT DL...WHEN WILL IT BE DONE????

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 August 2002 - 08:05 PM

The ToT in DL will be slightly different most likely, but I'm not sure as to specifics of it. And I dont have a ETA on it either, sorry :?

#4 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 26 August 2002 - 05:35 PM

I've seen a Picture of how it might look...I like the old one best...No matter what!! The new one looks a little wierd....But it still might be cool...I want to be on it the first day it opens or at least the first year it opens..LOL

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 August 2002 - 05:38 PM

Most likely the ToT in DL will be like what Disney has done with the Haunted Mansions. The one in DL differs greatly in look than the one in MK(Not sure what the Haunted Mansion in DLP looks like). Both are good and offer something different so I'm excited to see what they build, even if I never actually go there :D

#6 User is offline   ILUVDISNEYWRLD 

• Studios Regular

Posted 26 August 2002 - 05:46 PM

I cant wait for the new one to open!

#7 User is offline   Robfasto 

• Studios Regular

Posted 26 August 2002 - 06:00 PM

From what I have heard about the DCA Tower, is that 5 floors of it will be undergound. The have done this so it won't 'TOWER' over the rest of the buildings at DCA and Disneyland.

#8 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 26 August 2002 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, I heard that from my aunt. As soon as I can get an ETA on it, I'll let y'all know. And you KNOW as soon as I get it, I'm planning a road trip w/ my friends to DLC and DCA!
*Leslie Ivette*

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 October 2002 - 01:57 PM

Found this pic of the new ToT in DL....it's starting to take some sort of recognizable theme.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 12 October 2002 - 02:40 PM

I wish Disney would keep the ToT exclusive to just the Studios. But, I know that Disney wants to replicate the huge success of ToT in other parks. Anyways, that just my $0.02, for whatever it's worth. :)
-Josh

#11 User is offline   Disney4648 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 13 October 2002 - 07:51 PM

lilchippewa said:

I wish Disney would keep the ToT exclusive to just the Studios. But, I know that Disney wants to replicate the huge success of ToT in other parks. Anyways, that just my $0.02, for whatever it's worth. :)

Well, Walt Disney World took Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter, and a few other rides from Disneyland so I think DisneyWorld can share a few rides with Disneyland and let DCA build another ToT.

#12 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 14 October 2002 - 02:16 PM

That is very true that WDW took rides from DL. I'm sure that Walt wanted to replicate the Disneyland experience into his risk that he took to Florida.
-Josh

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users