• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A park question

#1 User is offline   thebradp 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Star Wars, Videogames, Comics

Posted 20 February 2005 - 02:58 PM

I have a question about the MGM park. I am trying to purchase tickets for 6 people(myself included) and I am trying to decide which tickets to buy are the best.
Here are some details as to what we want to do. We only want to spend 1 day at the MGM studio, so we know that we only need to purchase a 1 day ticket. The problem is, there are like 10 different options to do this. I don't exactly know what "hopping" means on some of the ticket's descriptions, so would it be better for us to get the ticket that allows for hopping, or the one that doesn't. If this helps at all, we are not planning on leaving the park and then coming back. SO which ticket do we need to buy? Anyone? Thank you.
Brad

#2 User is offline   Tinkerbell2004 

• Studios God
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:48 PM

Hopping would let you leave mgm and go to one of the other disney parks, so if you are just planning on staying at MGM all day then you won't need that option.

Welcome to the site Brad.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:51 PM

Welcome to MGMStudios.Org Brad!

Answer these questions and I can tell you what tickets tu purchase

How many days are you going to be going to a Disney World theme park?
Are you planning on going to any water parks?
Do you plan on park hopping(meaning, do you plan on going to mroe than 1 park in one day)?
Do you plan on coming back to Disney world less than one year from this trip?

#4 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:57 PM

Welcome Brad!

#5 User is offline   Micah 

• Studios God

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:53 PM

Welcome!!!

#6 User is offline   thebradp 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:43 PM

We want to go to MGM for one day only. We want to go to Magic Kingdom for one day only. And we either want to go to Epcot or Universal Studios for one day only, depending on which is better(please someone let me know which you would choose).
So we need tickets for 5 of us now, and we already have a condo rented for the weekend of May 20-22nd.) We will not be going to water parks(we can do that where we live).
So with this info, is it safe to tell me the exact tickets I should buy for these 3 days? Let me know the exact webpage I can get them too, if that is possible.
I am so out in the dark on this whole trip, and I just want to make it as memorable as possible. Please help me. Hell, call me or email me if you need to. My phone number is ***-***-****, or ***-***-****.
My personal email is : thebradp@hotmail.com.
Thanks to all that responds.
Brad poynor

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:36 PM

Brad,

Everyone here would love to help so we'll answer as many questions as you like. Please don't post your phone number publicly like that as its not good to be posting that in such a public place. Anyway, on to your questions....

Sounds like you need a 3 day park hopper for each person. You can buy tickets online at http://www.disneyworld.com or call Disney at 407 W-DISNEY. Tell them you want a 3 day ticket with park hopping for 5 people. That should do it.

As for Epcot or Universal, are you staying at a Walt Disney World hotel? If so, go for Epcot. If you're staying off-site, then you could go to Universal. Personally I prefer Disney but Universal is more "grown up". If you have kids, you may want to opt for Epcot.

Brad, I'd also advise you to purchase the 2005 Unooficial Guide to Walt Disney World by Bob Sehlinger. Along with this site (of course), it will really help a first-timer such as yourself.

But please feel free to post any and all questions you might have! :D

#8 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:45 AM

The Guide sure helps a lot.

#9 User is offline   thebradp 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:51 PM

QuickGold,

Here's the plan. There will only be 5 of us and we already have a condo that we have rented that borders DisneyWorld. There will be only 1 child. the other 4 of us are in our 20's. My main objective for going to Disney is to go to MGM for the Star Wars convention on May 20-2nd. In your opinion (or anyone else that wants to add theirs) what would be the perfect way to spend the 3 days. I know that we have to go to the magic kingdom for my daughter, and to mgm studios for me to see the convention, but that third day, we are all going to want to see something else. Is it possible to tour Epcot and Universal in one day? We would like to go to all 4 of these place, so if anyone could give me a strategy on what parks that we might could pair up on in one day without missing anything then please let me know. Also, if I were to buy a 3 day ticket to the Disney parks (magic kingdom, mgm, and epcot) then can I go back to mgm everyday with the hopping option? Because there may be different Star Wars guests on different days, and I don't want to miss any of them. Let me know.
Brad

#10 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:57 PM

Brad, if you get the park hopping option you can go back to MGM everyday. So I would definately suggest getting that option. If I remember correctly its an additional 35 dollars to add it on. :-)
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 March 2005 - 06:06 PM

Brad,

Here's what I'd do:

Fri: MGM
Sat: Epcot
Sun: Magic Kingdom

Friday, go to MGM and do everything there, from Star Wars Weekend events to the Tower of Terror. With your daughter, you and everyone else can still experience every attraction (including the "scary" ones) with a feature called Child Swap. Here's what child swap is:

Many attractions in the Studios have height requirements of about 44" to ride with an adult or be 7 years old and 44" to ride alone. Often times, family's will find their kids don't make the requirements or are simply too scared to experience the attraction. Disney offers people the option known as child swap, where at least two adults wait in line with their child. When they get to their first CM(usually the person who asks how many in your group), you say your going to child swap. The CM directs one of the adults to a waiting area with the child while the other adult(s) experience the attraction. When the first group returns, the adult(s) switch places with the child and the second adult(s) can experience the attraction.

NOTE: Child swapping is available at nearly every attraction in the Studios, but is only mentioned on attractions where the likelyhood of a child swap being needed is increased.

Saturday is the worst day to be in WDW because it will be the most crowded. That being said, I think it's best to spend your time in Epcot because it's quite large in space so things can be more "spread out".

Sunday, go do everything you want at MK.

If you find on any of the days that you finish early, you can always park hop to some other park. You may find that when you're in Epcot that you have done everything your party wants so be sure to go to another park. You mentioned Universal and to be honest, you cant do Epcot or Universal in a half day and be satisfied. Pick one and do that and personally, I prefer to give my money to Disney so do Epcot.

Also, the Star Wars celebrities are the same for each day of each weekend. So you'll see the same people on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

#12 User is offline   thebradp 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:45 PM

Okay. So here's the plan. We will go to MGM on Friday, Epcot on Saturday, and the Magic Kingdom on Sunday. Now for some more questions.
Just to make sure that I have all of this right, so that I may go ahead and order our tickets.
When I buy the tickets, do I have to specify the weekend that I want the tickets for? Or are they good for a certain period of time?
Also, if I wanted to go to Animal Kingdom, do I need to buy a seperate ticket for all of us to go to that park, or is one ticket per person(with hopping) good for all of the parks? Someone clarify this for me if possible.
Also, we will be arriving in Orlando on Thursday, May 19th, and I hear that the new Star Wars movie will be premiering in theatres at midnight on the 20th. Can anyone tell me an awesome theatre to go to(such as an IMAX) that the movie will be viewable at? And if directions aren't too tough, then you could throw that in for good measure.
Brad

#13 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 08 March 2005 - 07:08 PM

If you have the park hopping option, you can hop from any of the disney parks, Epcot, MGM, Magic Kingdom, or the Animal Kingdom. They all use the same tickets.

When you buy tickets, they are good for 14 days from the purchase date unless you add on the option to let them never expire. At least that's when you bu them at the ticket booths.

And for the movies, I'd suggest the AMC Theatres on disney grounds at downtown disney. That would be best for you since you are around disney grounds. :-) Their website is amctheatres.com
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 March 2005 - 02:06 PM

Brad,

You do not need to specify a date for the tickets. When you order the tickets, you can save some money by purchasing tickets that expire 14 days after first used. Since you'll use up all the days on your ticket before that, you'll be all set. That being said, when you order, you want a 3 day ticket with park hopping. So you'll need to order four adult 3 day tickets with park hopping as well as a child's 3 day ticket with park hopping. That will allow you to go to more than one park per day. And you need one ticket per person.

To find the AMC theater nearest Disney, try here: http://www.amctheatr...tres/index.html

#15 User is offline   thebradp 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:04 PM

Okay guys, there is just one more thing that I need to know and then its all set up.
Is this theatre (AMC) an IMAX theatre? If so, if I decide to get my tickets without the park hopper option, will they let us in to see the Star Wars movie even if we only have a 1 day pass that we were planning on using for Sunday of that weekend?
Do you understand what I mean? DO you even need a ticket to Disneyworld to go to this theatre? Someone let me know.
Brad

#16 User is offline   thebradp 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:36 PM

Hmm, I have been calling all over Orlando, and no one is giving me a specific date that I can order the tickets for the new Star Wars movie. Just out of curiosity, does Disney have an IMAX theatre? I am searching helplessly for one of them. I mean, this is supposed to be the best all around theatrical experience, right? The AMC theatre is not an IMAX theatre, and I want to get absolutely the best experience out of the last SW movie that I can. Someone please let me know. Also, does anyone know a theatre that lets you order your tickets for the film right now? I want to guarantee our spots for the show at midnight.
Brad

#17 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

Disney does not have an Imax theatre but they do have two of them with REALLY REALLY good screens. AMC does have DLP theatres and two two-story theatres, that Im sure will be the showing place for the star wars. I have been in Imax and the DLP theatres and I love DLP better bu that's just me.

Brad, I don't believe tickets will be on sale yet anywhere because the movie does not come out until May. Wait until April then there will be tickets around. Sign up for coming soon emails on amc and they will email you to let you know when tickets will go on sale for star wars. :-)
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:37 AM

I don't know of any IMAX theaters near Disney. I'd look for a Science museum because that's usually where you can find them.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users