Studios Central: Matt Goes Solo - Pretrip Report - Studios Central

Jump to content

  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Matt Goes Solo - Pretrip Report

#21 User is offline   lilchippewa 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,167
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:29 PM

QuickGold said:

How about crying for "my mommy" and giving them Jillian's info?


Nice thinking, Matt, that was funny. :lol:
-Josh
0

#22 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 20 January 2004 - 03:40 PM

QuickGold said:

And I take it the key to getting to Jillian is via radio?


Yes, I'm Shed Director on those days, so I'm mainly backstage.

trendymagic said:

QuickGold said:

How about crying for "my mommy" and giving them Jillian's info?


That should be interesting.


I'd like to see that :lol:
0

#23 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:35 AM

First story of my trip and I haven't even gone anywhere....

Part of the reason for taking this trip is I had vouchers from Delta from last year's spring break because they bumped me off a flight and then lost my luggage. The idea was to use at least one of my vouchers on this trip because they're gonna expire in April. I called Delta and the person I spoke with told me to buy the tickets online and then go to a ticketing center and present the voucher. I did that but when I got to the ticketing center they informed me that you cannot use vouchers towards an online purchase. So after being on the phone with Delta for about 30 minutes I got them to cancel my old ticket, and then I bought a new ticket with both my vouchers. I ended up saving $$($60 for the ticket in total) but I would have saved alot more if they allowed me to discount my online ticket.

Lesson to be learned: Vouchers can only be redeemed at a ticketing office.
0

#24 User is offline   BDANtheman29 

  • Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 447
  • Joined: 04-August 03
  • Location:New York
  • Interests:Riding the RnR over and over again!

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:39 PM

A second lesson is to record all conversations when it comes to the airlines; they change their policies so often, that they can get around nearly any rule.

:joker: Brendan :joker:
0

#25 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:03 PM

A third lesson is to write a guest letter about how great Jillian is, so she gets to be on Studio News 95 again ;) I'm getting interviewed next week for a segment :)
0

#26 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Joined: 22-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay, CA
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:25 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

A third lesson is to write a guest letter about how great Jillian is, so she gets to be on Studio News 95 again ;) I'm getting interviewed next week for a segment :)


Already did! :mrgreen: Cast TV? What are you doing on it?
0

#27 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:42 PM

trendymagic said:

DisneyPrincess said:

A third lesson is to write a guest letter about how great Jillian is, so she gets to be on Studio News 95 again ;) I'm getting interviewed next week for a segment :)


Already did! :mrgreen: Cast TV? What are you doing on it?


hehe too cool ;) This one was for a lost child I helped locate. The "station" takes the guest letters and will go interview the CM it's about. It will probably be a 2 minute thing, but the show is only 45-60 minutes long, and it's played all over backstage at the Studios for a week until the do the next one.
0

#28 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Joined: 22-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay, CA
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 23 January 2004 - 07:23 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

This one was for a lost child I helped locate. The "station" takes the guest letters and will go interview the CM it's about. It will probably be a 2 minute thing, but the show is only 45-60 minutes long, and it's played all over backstage at the Studios for a week until the do the next one.


Nice job! That can be hard sometimes in the sea of people.
0

#29 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:32 PM

Good to hear your getting recognition Jillian!
0

#30 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Joined: 22-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay, CA
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:34 PM

Do they do cast tv at the resorts as well?
0

#31 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:17 AM

QuickGold said:

Good to hear your getting recognition Jillian!

:D

trendymagic said:

Do they do cast tv at the resorts as well?

As far as I know, it's all close circuit stuff, each park has their own "station". dunno what the resorts have, or if you can find any of them :D
0

#32 User is offline   BDANtheman29 

  • Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 447
  • Joined: 04-August 03
  • Location:New York
  • Interests:Riding the RnR over and over again!

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:28 PM

I have never seen CM tv. Here is the first I had heard of it. What is it like Jillian? I take it it is not done professionally or anything because only CMs see it.

:joker: Brendan :joker:
0

#33 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:20 PM

BDANtheman29 said:

I have never seen CM tv. Here is the first I had heard of it. What is it like Jillian? I take it it is not done professionally or anything because only CMs see it.

Think of the scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom where they see all those guys working mindlessly in the mines mumbing, "Kalima....Kalima....Kalima!"
0

#34 User is offline   Stitch 

  • Studios Regular
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 81
  • Joined: 24-January 04
  • Location:Lake Buena Vista, FL

Posted 27 January 2004 - 02:44 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

trendymagic said:

DisneyPrincess said:

A third lesson is to write a guest letter about how great Jillian is, so she gets to be on Studio News 95 again ;) I'm getting interviewed next week for a segment :lol:


Already did! :mrgreen: Cast TV? What are you doing on it?


hehe too cool :) This one was for a lost child I helped locate. The "station" takes the guest letters and will go interview the CM it's about. It will probably be a 2 minute thing, but the show is only 45-60 minutes long, and it's played all over backstage at the Studios for a week until the do the next one.


Sounds like a normal day for me 8) Congrats Jillian I'll be watching for it
0

#35 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:16 PM

BDANtheman29 said:

I have never seen CM tv. Here is the first I had heard of it. What is it like Jillian? I take it it is not done professionally or anything because only CMs see it.

:joker: Brendan :joker:


It's just stuff about the parks and that kind of thing. Upcoming events, park hours, rehabs, cast things.

Stitch said:

Sounds like a normal day for me 8) Congrats Jillian I'll be watching for it


Hehe I'm sure it is :lol: Thanks, it should be on next week, assuming I'm well enough to go to work the next two days to get interviewed.
0

#36 User is offline   BDANtheman29 

  • Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 447
  • Joined: 04-August 03
  • Location:New York
  • Interests:Riding the RnR over and over again!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:42 PM

How could Stitch see it? It doesn't air on Resort TV to the best of knowledge, anyway.

:joker: Brendan :joker:
0

#37 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Joined: 22-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay, CA
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:44 PM

BDANtheman29 said:

How could Stitch see it? It doesn't air on Resort TV to the best of knowledge, anyway.

:joker: Brendan :joker:


He is a CM at MGM. :grinblue:
0

#38 User is offline   BDANtheman29 

  • Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 447
  • Joined: 04-August 03
  • Location:New York
  • Interests:Riding the RnR over and over again!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:50 PM

Oh, haha. Must have missed that post somewhere.

Where do you work, Stitch?

:joker: Brendan :joker:
0

#39 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Joined: 22-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay, CA
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:06 PM

And I have another thing on yout to do list Matt... MK: Check the area around the partners statue and see if they still have the small trees there. I would hope they do for Wishes, but last anyone reporeted it was still decorated with the Holidays stuff. BTW, do you know the best place to be for Wishes?
0

#40 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 29 January 2004 - 02:22 PM

trendymagic said:

Check the area around the partners statue and see if they still have the small trees there.

Assuming I remember, sure :lol:

trendymagic said:

BTW, do you know the best place to be for Wishes?

Around those mini trees, I assume?
0

Share this topic:


  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users