Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Studios Central SWW Dinner 2009

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

I thought our annual Star Wars Weekend dinner went very well and I think we had a great time by all. The big surprise this year was we had Warwick Davis, who played Wicket the Ewok in Return of the Jedi, stop by as the guest of honor for the event! He was incredibly nice and a pleasure to have and took the time to meet with everyone.
Posted Image

Here is a shot of everyone who attended the dinner (full size photo can be found at http://sww.studiosce...content/img5076 )

Posted Image

After we had dinner, we had a Star Wars trivia contest where once again Glenn won in a very tough final few rounds. In second place was Hope (Pitti-Sing here on the forums) and Colin (The Dark Lord of the Sith on the forums).

I want to thank everyone who attended and please post any photos you took in this thread so we can all share in the memories!

#2 User is offline   gsonoda 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:I am a fan of hilarity.

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:30 AM

I agree, Matt. The event went really well. The first thing that struck me was how Disney went all out to decorate the place. I mean, the centerpieces were great (and unfortunately too big to put in my backpack) and the SW items near the food tables were a nice added touch. And since its been a year, the Prop Shop's items had been changed somewhat. So it was also to check that stuff out as well.

Warwick Davis' time with us was also a great bonus since he took time off of his vacation with his family to talk to everyone individually. Who needs a stinkin' fastpass when he's right there. He was very kind and looks like that picture we took with him turned out great as well.

And, of course, the most MEMORABLE time of the evening was my triumphant repeat at Star Wars Trivia, finally putting to rest any doubts about my first win last year (that last sentence was for you, Mr. Sith :) kidding!).

I hope everyone had a fun time, because I know I did!

PS - I have pictures on my iPhone which, sad to say, I haven't downloaded. I will get on that and make sure I post them here.
Glenn

The reigning Star Wars Trivia Champion - 2008 and 2009

"Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic."

#3 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:48 AM

The dinner was a lot of fun and it was great for me to meet so many people here. I just got back home tonight, so I'll be posting my photos from the dinner in the next few days.

#4 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

I thought the dinner went very well. Quite a suprise seeing Warwick Davis there! Very cool. He took the time to meet with everyone which was well above the call to come visit the dinner. He is a very patient person and it was very much appreciated.

The trivia.... hmm, Glenn is getting louder each year. The girl I was standing with wasn't giving me the right answers, so I was at a disadvantage right off the bat.

I didn't really consider participating this year, but if next year were to happen.... well, get your rest Glenn. You're going to need it.

I loved meeting with everyone, some for the first time and some that I've come to know over the years. The theming of the room was great and the ponchos for the Monsoon rain were a nice touch!

Only a few complaints... -Disney needs to come up with a doggie bag system though rather than throwing all that food out. We need them to also have Vader & Maul drop by. Other things I need to meditate on, but overall a great time!
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

You are allowed to bring your own zip lock bags and take food home with you :rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

View PostSleepless Knight, on May 31 2009, 01:48 AM, said:

The dinner was a lot of fun and it was great for me to meet so many people here. I just got back home tonight, so I'll be posting my photos from the dinner in the next few days.

A lot of times they don't throw all of the food out. After an event the event staff is allowed to eat and then sometimes they will share it with others in the area, especially if they also worked on the event.

#7 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Jun 1 2009, 10:17 PM, said:

You are allowed to bring your own zip lock bags and take food home with you :rolleyes:

Not that I had any idea what I would have done with it since I was staying at a hotel, but we did ask and were told -no.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#8 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Jun 1 2009, 07:17 PM, said:

You are allowed to bring your own zip lock bags and take food home with you ;)

And yet you missed your opportunity to take a bagful of couscous home with you?

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

View PostJeanine, on Jun 3 2009, 12:44 AM, said:

Yea, I missed the boat with that one

#10 User is offline   bjohnson 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on Jun 2 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

A lot of times they don't throw all of the food out. After an event the event staff is allowed to eat and then sometimes they will share it with others in the area, especially if they also worked on the event.

I've hung out with staff after events and that's definitely the case. They're all over whatever wasn't eaten.

It looks like you guys had a blast. Very cool that Wicket was there too.

#11 User is offline   sambycat 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:doesn't everybody want to be a cat?

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

View PostJeanine, on Jun 3 2009, 12:44 AM, said:

OMG!!!!!!!! :blink: THERE WAS COUS COUS??!!!!!!
everybody wants to be a cat, dahhling
www.thosedarncats.net

#12 User is offline   jbwolffiv 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Photography and hockey

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

I only hope there will be a SWW dinner again next year, I think I might just have to "bite the bullet" and fly down and stop with the "I am a teacher" excuses! Here is hoping there is cheap airfare!!!!
John

#13 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

I'm hoping it comes off again if just for that chance to do the trivia again (to silence Sonoda!). Falling to Hope and Glenn last year ...well the Sith expect more! LOL

POFQ May 16-19

#14 User is offline   gsonoda 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:I am a fan of hilarity.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:22 AM

View PostThe Dark Lord of the Sith, on Jul 12 2009, 10:10 AM, said:

I'm hoping it comes off again if just for that chance to do the trivia again (to silence Sonoda!). Falling to Hope and Glenn last year ...well the Sith expect more! LOL

This post reminded me that I needed to update my signature....yep, there it is, check that out :P Can't wait to beat Colin again next year ;)
Glenn

The reigning Star Wars Trivia Champion - 2008 and 2009

"Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users