• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tinkerbell coming to Hollywood Studios

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

From our good friend RIXAP

Tinker Bell will be relocating to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and her other fairy friends will appear later in the Spring at Epcot.

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

So will she be replacing Lotso then?? What other area in the Studios could she do her meet and greets?? Sounds Dangerous ;)
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

Maybe she'll be in front of the hat, or possibly be the maiden voyage of the area thatll become the rumored Phineas and Ferb meet and greet. Though i think the most likely will be replacing lotso...

#4 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

Isn't Tinker Bell about the size of your hand? How are they going to get the character that size to meet large-sized people?
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#5 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

well, I remember Tink & her other fairy friends were over in the vicinity of the butterfly habitat the past couple of years for Flower & Garden at EPCOT, so it would make sense that they will still be there in the Spring.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

View Postyulilin, on 10 December 2010 - 12:04 PM, said:

So will she be replacing Lotso then?? What other area in the Studios could she do her meet and greets?? Sounds Dangerous ;)

Last I heard Winnie the Pooh will replace Lotso (for his upcoming movie)

#7 User is offline   RAXIP 

• Studios Regular

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

View Postyulilin, on 10 December 2010 - 12:04 PM, said:

Caspian, perhaps?
Seize the moment! Let your fantasies and dreams set sail.

Character Attendant @ DHS
WOD Squad '08

flickr
twitter

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

When Tinkerbell arrives on February at DHS, she will be meeting guests at Journey into Narnia building. Tinkerbell will meet guests either in the Prince Caspian meet n greet area or the outdoor meet area near the TSMM restrooms

#9 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:11 AM

View PostQuickGold, on 12 December 2010 - 02:55 PM, said:

When Tinkerbell arrives on February at DHS, she will be meeting guests at Journey into Narnia building. Tinkerbell will meet guests either in the Prince Caspian meet n greet area or the outdoor meet area near the TSMM restrooms

Doesn't that kinda violate the whole "size" issue? After all, Tink is about the size of your hand. I really hope Disney reinstates the Pixie Hollow meet & greet when New Fantasyland opens up. Than again, Disney just isn't that very smart. :(
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

View PostCOH#1fan, on 13 December 2010 - 07:11 AM, said:

Doesn't that kinda violate the whole "size" issue? After all, Tink is about the size of your hand. I really hope Disney reinstates the Pixie Hollow meet & greet when New Fantasyland opens up. Than again, Disney just isn't that very smart. :(

Given the time constraint, it does not appear to be an issue for Disney. After all, we see her during Wishes and in the parades and it's not explained the shrinking thing. I think Disney (or someone) use the size explanation as to why there wasn't a Tink meet-n-greet earlier more than anything.

#11 User is offline   TikiGoddess 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 13 December 2010 - 11:57 AM, said:

Given the time constraint, it does not appear to be an issue for Disney. After all, we see her during Wishes and in the parades and it's not explained the shrinking thing. I think Disney (or someone) use the size explanation as to why there wasn't a Tink meet-n-greet earlier more than anything.

I know they need to find a place for Tink to reside for the time being, but the Studios? AK seems like a much better fit for her and her friends. Heck, they could redo Rafiki's Planet Watch for her... ;)

Kathy

#12 User is offline   herrmannfan 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

"I think Disney (or someone) use the size explanation as to why there wasn't a Tink meet-n-greet earlier more than anything."

To address the size issue, she could just, like, stand way far away ...

#13 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

This is cool. I think kids love meeting Tinkerbell, and this will probably be one of the few spots to meet her since Toontown will be closing in Feb. for construction.

#14 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

As far as the size constraint issues. I know some time ago Disney was very aware of her pint size and that's why she didn't used to appear in person (except for the distant flight off the Castle). I was told during a Behind the Scenes tour of MK by a CM who was trained to do Tink's signature that anyone who wanted an autograph from Tink, was told they she wasn't available but if they left their autograph book at Town Hall (Guest Services) she would sign when she got back and they could pick up the book a bit later. I guess, once the first Tink movie came out, Disney figured they would make her life sized. Not sure that I care either way.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#15 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

View PostHDLady, on 16 December 2010 - 07:28 PM, said:

As far as the size constraint issues. I know some time ago Disney was very aware of her pint size and that's why she didn't used to appear in person (except for the distant flight off the Castle). I was told during a Behind the Scenes tour of MK by a CM who was trained to do Tink's signature that anyone who wanted an autograph from Tink, was told they she wasn't available but if they left their autograph book at Town Hall (Guest Services) she would sign when she got back and they could pick up the book a bit later. I guess, once the first Tink movie came out, Disney figured they would make her life sized. Not sure that I care either way.

Me neither!!
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

Tink will begin meeting guests on February 15: http://www.studiosce...ebruary-15-2011

#17 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Turns out she is going to Epcot instead.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users