Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rainforest cafe at DD

#1 User is offline   Disney4648 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 October 2002 - 01:46 PM

What do you think about Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney?

I think its great. I eat there every time i go to WDW. The food is great and the atmosphere is awsome. The gift shop is huge and I usually spend about $20 in the gift shop on every trip.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 October 2002 - 08:00 PM

I prefer not to go to restaurants on Disney property that I can go elsewhere in the country. But thats just me

#3 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 04 January 2003 - 09:05 PM

I ate their my last trip, and the atmosphere was very nice. The food was good but you could go to Chili's or Applebee's and get it for a fraction of the price. The wait is very long, I waited 2 hours. I'll probably try Planet Hollywood next.

#4 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 05 January 2003 - 02:32 PM

Planet Hollywood is okay, but as you said, you could go to Chili's or Applebee's and get the same food for a fraction of the price. The only thing Planet Hollywood has going for it is the atmosphere, which is basically what you're paying for.

I LOVE eating at the Rainforest. I can't go with my family though, b/c my brother and sister are afraid of the thunderstorm that happens every 10 minutes. :P Oh, well.
*Leslie Ivette*

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 05 January 2003 - 08:32 PM

As I said earlier, I just don't believe in going to places, especially restaurants, in Disney World that I can go to elsewhere in the world. Rainforest is overpriced, has long lines, slow service and mediocre food. I'd much rather eat at one of the more authentic restaurants that can be found at any of the parks.

#6 User is offline   Calligrapher 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney (duh!), Disney collectibles, reading, movies, graphic design, drawing, calligraphy, internet and spending time with my family.

Posted 10 February 2003 - 12:28 PM

Having eaten at both Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood.....

We try to go to Rainforest Cafe every time we're down there. While there is one here in Illinois where I live, it's 3 hours away in Chicago. So, when we got to WDW, we make it a point to go to that one. I agree that the price, etc. is about comparable to Applebee's......the "themeing" is worth it. I love sitting in there when there's the thunderstorm!

Planet Hollywood........did it once. Won't do it again. I'm glad we went, but once was enough. Food was good, but it was such a chaotic, rushed, not comfortable kind of atmosphere.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 February 2003 - 01:39 PM

If you really like thunderstorms when you're eating, go to WDW in the summer when there's those afternoon thunderstorms that pass by....very authentic thunder with complimentry precipitation. ;)

#8 User is offline   Calligrapher 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney (duh!), Disney collectibles, reading, movies, graphic design, drawing, calligraphy, internet and spending time with my family.

Posted 10 February 2003 - 06:36 PM

Actually, that's one of my favorite things about Florida in general. Every day at 3:00 p.m.....just like clockwork. ;)

Just have always loved thunderstorms. Well, at least until they become 85 mph winds, hail, pre-tornado conditions. :wink:

#9 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 15 July 2003 - 09:02 AM

QuickGold said:

I prefer not to go to restaurants on Disney property that I can go elsewhere in the country. But thats just me

I agree with this if there is one near by you. Orlando is the closest to me for a rainforest. But the only ones I have visited are outside the US. If you want to go to Rainforest while you are down there, schedule a visit to the one at AK. The lines are usually short and Priority seating was available last I checked.

As for Planet Hollywood, I enjoy looking around inside.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users