• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last Tour to Endor Star Wars CV

#1 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

With the CV event in Orlando there is the Last Tour to Endor event being put on at Hollywood Studios. The event looks cool for Star Wars fans, including some items that I've hoped for in the past for Star Wars Weekends (Those Fireworks!). As we are 33 Days out from CV I figured I'd just take a look here to see if how many others might be attending this Celebration/farewell to Star Tours event.

I know a few of the peole who will be there, and I'm sure there will be many others, but I also want to know what you are looking forward seeing or doing at the event?

For me #1 is the Fireworks. I'll like everything, but want to see how this goes. :jedi: B) :fett2: :r2d2:

Heh, I may also have to close the circle on my Big Fig collection. B)
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#2 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

You guys gotta let me know how the event went!! As for me i'll be in celebration but not this event!! It would cost my girls and I $240 just to attend plus where annual passholders. So for me I can use that money for something else. Plus what disney is advertising is nothing out of this world. But let my girls and I know if we missed something good.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

I will be there B)

#4 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

I've got my family there. Agreed with Pipper that there may not be that much more going on than like for weekends and such. That say, it is an extension of the CELEBRATION for me and that was enough to make it a must. I'm still holding out hope that they get a chance to put a fireworks show in action that may be considered for future SWW events.

I'm also hoping that there may be a few suprises. Either way it looks like a lot of fun with Star Wars fans in the same frame of mind.

Can't wait to see you there Matt!
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#5 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

The kids and I will be there too...something to look forward to. As for fireworks during SWW I think one of the issues would be that during May/June the sun sets around 8:30pm, way past the SWW activities, but we can only hope.
As for what I look forward to during Last Tour to Endor, I guess just the atmosphere of it all, as we still don't have any real details about it, I know it'll be fun....I'll have to drink coffee/red bull to stay awake that long, I know my kids won't have a problem with that. Looking forward to meeting people from studios central as well.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#6 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

I'd love to be going to this. I hope you guys have a great time!

#7 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

While reading an article on force.net I came up on this article. For those attending the Last Endor event will find this interesting:

Last week the TFN Party Planning crew was contacted by Lucasfilm about the conflict with our Celebration V party and the Last Tour of Endor event at Disney. LFL was not aware that our party conflicted with the Disney Endor event until recently when Star Wars Celeb we invited to our party (who wishes to remain anonymous) contacted them upset that s/he could not attend both Endor and our event. They in turn looked into things and contacted us directly early last week. LFL tried everything in their power to make our party and Disney mesh, but it simply was not workable.

They then asked us to consider moving the date of our event to another night. After some serious consideration and debate we agreed that moving the party to Thursday, August 12th would be a wise move. The Disney conflict is apparently why we have not had more celebs
sign up to attend before now. Had we known that before we would have considered this move earlier.

This is not the entire article but I highlighted the most important part in my opinion. It looks like you guys will be with celebs at the event. As for meet and greets don't know but you guys attending give the rest of us not attending the info.

#8 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

:icon_cheers: This sounds better every time I hear about it. That will work for me and my crew! It will be interesting to see how they work them in. I'm doubting meet and greets, because of the autograph situation at CV, but anything is possible. Sort of makes the event that much more intriguing! :jedi:

POFQ May 16-19

#9 User is offline   smalld 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Playing Online Games.

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

Can't wait to go! Ill be there :icon_cheers:

#10 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

I just requested off with Disney so I hope I can make it. I know its kinda late but I'm going to try regardless.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

View Postsquishybear, on Jul 18 2010, 09:12 PM, said:

I just requested off with Disney so I hope I can make it. I know its kinda late but I'm going to try regardless.

Hope you can join us!

#12 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/jonste...ionv/index.html
So it looks like Mr. Lucas will be in Orlando on Saturday.... :icon_cheers: you can always dream right!?!

#13 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:22 AM

Thats correct Lucas will be in town that saturday!! He'll be interviewed at 11:00am at celebration but if you want to attend they will be given out wristbands at 6:00am at the convention center and the space is very limited!! I came across some interesting info about Last Tour to Endor, it looks like Disney isn't running the show but Reed entertainment and Lucasfilms are. That explains why there is no annual passholder discount. Also max capacity for this event is 15,000. If the event doesn't sell out then you can purchase a ticket at the gate for $89 plus tax(r u kinding me). The last thing I read or heard was something big was going to happen at the indiana stunt show stage(no other info was given).

#14 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

They just gave some new info (if you call it that) about the last trip to endor!!
http://starwars.com/fans/events/inside_las...ndor/index.html

The article doesn't tell you to much info but gives you some ideas about the fireworks!!

#15 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:31 AM

Good info, I hope the shows that they have planned don't overlap, so we can attend all of them

#16 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

I just tried buying a ticket online. However, for some reason, the website doesn't let me select regular $5 shipping.
It is making me pay the $15 Fedex shipping. I called technical support 2 days ago, but since then it hasn't been changed and I haven't heard back from them with an update.
Do any of you know anything? The ticket should arrive on the 4 by now, which is still welll before the 14th.
Does the ticket have to arrive a minimum number of days before hand?

It looks like i'm going to have to pay for the $15 shipping, which seems ridiculous since I leave right next to Disney anyway

#17 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

View Postsquishybear, on Jul 21 2010, 11:08 AM, said:

I just tried buying a ticket online. However, for some reason, the website doesn't let me select regular $5 shipping.
It is making me pay the $15 Fedex shipping. I called technical support 2 days ago, but since then it hasn't been changed and I haven't heard back from them with an update.
Do any of you know anything? The ticket should arrive on the 4 by now, which is still welll before the 14th.
Does the ticket have to arrive a minimum number of days before hand?

It looks like i'm going to have to pay for the $15 shipping, which seems ridiculous since I leave right next to Disney anyway

Weird. Does someone have the letter they got with the ticket in the mail? There's a phone number there that might be useful for her (mine is at home and I don't have it right now).

#18 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Jul 21 2010, 11:37 AM, said:

Weird. Does someone have the letter they got with the ticket in the mail? There's a phone number there that might be useful for her (mine is at home and I don't have it right now).

The phone number on my letter is 407-566-4985. Hope this helps. Good luck.

#19 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

Thanks. The number connects me back to the general WDW service line, which will direct me to ticketing that knows nothing about the event.
I have to say it is strange that this is so off the maps. When I called ticketing the first time with the issue, they didn't know about the event, and told me to just go online and order. When I spoke to technical services, I spend 20 minutes just directing them to the order website.
I finally gave in today and just paid the $15 for shipping. I'm afraid the tickets will sell out any time now and I would hate to miss it because of 10 bucks more.
So anyway, I'm going too!!!

#20 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some more details from the disney blog:

Got your tickets? If not, better get a move on – the largest private party ever held during a Star Wars Celebration is right around the corner and you’ll want to see what’s now planned for the night. “Last Tour to Endor” will still feature a special Star Wars-themed fireworks show, a “Death Star Disco,” live entertainment and Disney Characters. But we’ve learned more about a special edition of Hyperspace Hoopla.

Yes, Star Wars characters (like Darth Vader) will be stepping out of their galaxy to dance just like they do during Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World Resort. And today, we can share an official lineup for the “Last Tour to Endor” stage:

-”Grease is the word” that Chewie heard: Chewbacca, Han Solo and the Jawas put on their dancing shoes (except Chewbacca of course, who will be frantically moving his furry feet) and perform a tune from the 1978 hit movie-musical “Grease.” In fact, Rebel spies have provided initial intel that Chewbacca’s fur will be fashioned into a 1950’s pompadour hairstyle just for the occasion.

-“Nobody puts Leia in a corner”: Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia will go back to the 1980s with a dance number from the box-office hit “Dirty Dancing.”

-“Strike a pose, there’s nothing to it”: Some of the most famous females from the Star Wars saga — including Queen Amidala, Ahsoka Tano, Zam Wessel and Aurra Sing — will join forces for an ensemble dance number set to one of the biggest pop hits by the “material girl” herself, Madonna.

-King of Pop, or King of the Dark Side?: Returning by popular demand will be Darth Vader and his crew of dancing stormtroopers, cutting a rug (and no, not cutting it with a light saber) to a hit medley from the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. At previous “Hyperspace Hooplas,” the Dark Lord has been known to even don a single, sequined glove as he channels the iconic music superstar.

Of course, event activities are subject to change without notice.

The party begins at 8 p.m. but “Last Tour to Endor” ticket holders can get a head-start on the fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as early as 4 p.m. We’re also offering free round-trip shuttles to the event from the Orange County Convention Center for all attendees.

Tickets for the August 14, 2010 event are $75 in advance and $89 at the gate (if available). For more information and to purchase tickets, check out www.starwarscelebration.com.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users