2. Wilderness Lodge
3.Pop Century
4. Coronado Resort
5. Caribbean Beach

#42 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

I would like to stay at CBR for my next trip on property, especially for it's close proximity to the Studios.

#43 User is offline   poeticeclipse 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:WDW Today

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

QuickGold said:

I would like to stay at CBR for my next trip on property, especially for it's close proximity to the Studios.

I'll be there in September !

#44 User is offline   DisneySchoe 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

My family and I always stay at Shades of Green.
Shades of Green is a military-only resort right across from the Polynesian.

I love it... its awesome. The only drag is the transportation.
But we usually walk over to the Polynesian (about a 10 minute walk) and use the transportation there.

Here is the website incase any of you wanted to check it out:
www.shadesofgreen.org

#45 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

QuickGold said:

I always liked the CBR myself and the renovation can only help
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#46 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

I've nevered stayed at a value or moderate resorts just deluxe and DVC.
My favorite
1. Animal Kingdom Lodge
2. Boardwalk
3. Wilderness Lodge
4. Contemporary
5. Yacht Club

#47 User is offline   Twi'lek Superstar 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

I'm a new poster, and I wish everyone had the same views you guys do, because it would make booking my favorite hotel easier! I have so many problems booking in the Contemporary for some reason--it's by far my favorite resort, but it's always so much more expensive than the others. Any idea why?

EDIT: I know that it's gonna be more expensive than the value or moderate resorts, but I still don't know why it would be more expensive than, say, the Grand Floridian.

#48 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:31 AM

Twi said:

I'm a new poster, and I wish everyone had the same views you guys do, because it would make booking my favorite hotel easier! Any idea why?

EDIT: I know that it's gonna be more expensive than the value or moderate resorts, but I still don't know why it would be more expensive than, say, the Grand Floridian.

Welcome aboard, TS!!!! Not sure why the pricing id such. Both Contemporary and GF have the conveneince of the Monorail. Both hotels have rooms right in/on the lobby and others not attached. Guess it's a matter of popularity although personally, the GF is my favorite hotel, although I haven't stayed there since 1994 when we bought DVC points. I make it a point to visit every so often especially around the holidays. Love the sitting in the lobby with a glass of wine listening to the live piano music, the multi-istory Christmas tree, HUGE gingerbread house, etc.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#49 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:01 AM

Twi said:

I'm a new poster, and I wish everyone had the same views you guys do, because it would make booking my favorite hotel easier! I have so many problems booking in the Contemporary for some reason--it's by far my favorite resort, but it's always so much more expensive than the others. Any idea why?

Welcome! Also, remember, there are a lot less rooms available right now since they tore down one of the wings and the building is not yet completed on the new tower. Supply and demand....they don't have to offer cheaper rates since they will still fill the resort right now.

#50 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

Welcome to Studios Central Twi'lek Superstar!

#51 User is offline   Twi'lek Superstar 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the welcome, guys! :lol:

Anyway, any idea when they'll be done with the Contemporary tower, and how it will affect availability once it is completed? My trip is currently planned for 2010, and I have two people going with me, both of whom are determined to get into the Contemporary...the resort has a lot of memories for me. It was the resort we stayed in on my first trip to Disney, and I guess I was 7 or 8 when I went. I'll be turning 20 on August 4th, so I'll be 21 by the time we actually go...and it would be an absolute dream come true for me to get into the Contemporary. XD We're going during Star Wars Weekends, so I'm just freaked out that by the time we find out the dates, the resort will be booked up.

#52 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

I'm guessing it will be a while before they are opened. DVC is currently selling at 2 other resorts (AKL & Grand Californian in Disneyland), plus they have already announced a resort for Hawaii. I just read on the DVC member site that they will be starting to take reservations for the new AKL building (Kidani ?) for May '09 soon.

Also, since this is rumored to be a DVC resort, members will have first shot at them when available. It's going to be really tough to get into them especially the first few years.

And remember they usually don't announce the dates for Star Wars Weekends until a few months prior. We booked last year too early and found they changed the dates we thought they would have SW and missed out.

#53 User is offline   Twi'lek Superstar 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

Yeah, that's why we're freaked out though. And you mean the ENTIRE Contemporary (I'm referring to the original hotel) is a DVC resort now? =/ Mega bummer. What about us little guys?

#54 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

Twi said:

Yeah, that's why we're freaked out though. And you mean the ENTIRE Contemporary (I'm referring to the original hotel) is a DVC resort now? =/ Mega bummer. What about us little guys?

No, they tore one wing of the Comtemporary down; the North Garden wing. As you look at the main A-frame the monorail goes through (from the monorail) it's the wing on the left. The rest of the Contemporary is still there and still a hotel. But in place of the wing they tore down they are building another building and rumors are the new tower is going to be DVC but I don't believe anything has officially been announced yet.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#55 User is offline   Twi'lek Superstar 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, I think I eventually figured that out on my own, hehe. That makes me feel a little better, and I have a teeny gleam of hope that this will make good news for people wanting to stay in the A-Frame (me). BTW, Debbie, I love your signature. Sounds like a real party at your house! :D

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users