• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Studios Secrets

#61 User is offline   PrincessBelle3210518 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Location:MGM Studios (only in my own little world of my mind)
  • Interests:DISNEY!!! Everything Music, Theatre, Movies, Fashion, etc.

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

There's a few I know of, but I'll have to think to remember them!! It's been a little while!!

#62 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:45 PM

TrendyMagic said:

OK finaly remember to pull that rope near Indy Jones (with a little help from Pal Mickey this time)

While others walking by said "can't he read that sign" I was tempeted to shout back at them but decied not and enjoy my fun.

For those not familiar the sign reads "Do Not Pull Rope" with the word Not crossed out.

Well it does talke back to you with many different sayings. It will wait for about a min before resetting and giving a new phrase. The first time I pulled it someone down in the cave/tunnel yelled at me and told me to stop. One other was rtying to have me atch something, but it fell back down at hit him on the head I think. It was a fun diversion from the normal stuff and glad I finally remembered to do it.

Here's a photo of the "Do Not Pull Rope"

Posted Image

Posted Image
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#63 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:49 AM

Thanks for posting those photos Maureen

#64 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:40 PM

QuickGold said:

Thanks for posting those photos Maureen

I'm a shutter bug (or nut); it's my goal to have photos of every inch of the park. But everytime you post POW, I realize I've missed way to much. Got to get back and take more photos (I drive my son crazy - really). :queen:
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#65 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

I have to admit that I enjoy pulling the rope. My daughter gets a real kick out of it and the look on the passers by faces is priceless.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#66 User is offline   PrincessBelle3210518 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:15 PM

Me too!! Mike and I, on our days off, use to have this whole routine we did, and several people would usually stop by and watch us!! We just did this on our time off!! It was a riot and we had alot of fun doing it!!! I might even do a re-vamped routine if you guys want when we meet for SWW!!!

#67 User is offline   Skippy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:55 AM

I’m gonna share a few tidbits on my favorite attraction at the studios:
The Great Movie Ride…even if they aren’t really secrets :mrgreen:

*The background buildings behind Gene Kelly’s figure, Don Lockwood from Singin’ in the Rain (1952), are a montage of a bunch of the buildings from his famous Singin’ in the Rain number down the MGM Hollywood Street.
-The Mount Hollywood Art School sign from the movie can be seen in the attraction scene and on MGM’s Streets of America
-No building is in it’s entirety from the movie as they are literally all different ones pieced together like a puzzle

*In the Mary Poppins scene, silhouettes of other sweeps can be seen on the rooftops around the Julie Andrews figure, Mary Poppins, and the Dick van Dyke figure, Bert, who are singing the very last verse of Chim Chim Cheree.
-In Mary Poppins (1964), the other sweeps come out ONLY after Chim Chim Cheree to sing Step in Time

*The three posters in the Warner Bros. “Underworld” scene are The Public Enemy (1931), Little Caesar (1931) and 20,000 Years in Sing Sing (1932).
-I guarantee you we’d have seen Scarface (1932) instead of 20,000 Years in Sing Sing (1932) if it weren’t for it being a Universal Picture

*James Cagney’s character in Warner Bros. “Underworld” scene, Tom Powers from The Public Enemy (1931), can be seen in front of the Red Oaks Club threatening the door man as to what will happen if he doesn’t have Putty Nose buy his alcohol.
-In the movie, Putty Nose skips out on Tom Powers and his friend when they were kids and a similar scene with the Red Oaks Club door man takes place
-During prohibition, years after Putty Nose skipped out never to be seen at the Red Oaks Club again, Tom Powers and his friend became the muscle for his group selling alcohol and this is the time period in which the attraction scene takes place
-Spoiler: Tom Powers eventually spots Putty Nose, dressed as he is in the attraction, but instead of being at the Red Oak Club or threatening him to buy alcohol, he follows him home and whacks him

* In Warner Bros. “Underworld” scene, Paddy Ryan’s bar can be spotted.
-Paddy Ryan is the man Tom Powers muscles for in The Public Enemy (1931).

*In the “Classic Western” scene, you see a group of three plaques on the Barber Shop and Dentist, with Josiah Boone M.D. at the bottom of the three.
-All three plaques come directly from the John Ford classic, Stage Coach (1939)
-The Duke, John Wayne, made his first major screen appearance in Stage Coach (1939) where he played the outlaw, Ringo Kid
-In Stage Coach (1939), the bottom two of the three plaques are switched, opposite the attraction, with Josiah Boone M.D. in the center
-In Stage Coach (1939), a drunken Dr. Josiah Boone, Thomas Mitchell’s character, tears his plaque reading Josiah Boone M.D. off the wall, and takes it with him on the stage coach

*In the “Classic Western” scene, there is a sign on the wall for Ransom Stoddard Attorney.
- This is a reference to a Jimmy Stuart’s character in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence (1962), Ransom Stoddard.
-The movie also stared the Duke as Tom Doniphon, or the man the movie title is referencing

* In the “Classic Western” scene, Cochise County Court House can be found, placing the city in Cochise County, Arizona.
-Many classic western films either took place in or was filmed in Cochise County
-The famous city of Tombstone, in which OK Corral is held, is located in Cochise County. This is where the famous gunfight involving Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp took place, and was the subject of many westerns

* In the Indiana Jones scene, among the hieroglyphics in the Well of Souls, and across from the Harrison Ford figure, Indy, are engravings of R2-D2 and C-3PO. This gag comes directly from the movie.
- In Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), they can be seen on a post to the right of Indy and Sallah as they remove the Ark
-Of course, you can also find Mickey in the hieroglyphics, last block on the left, having lunch with Donald Duck

*Cheeta, the chimpanzee, didn’t play Cheeta the character in Tarzan until the third installment. Cheeta was actually just born the same year the first Tarzan was released while another chimp, at that time, was playing the roll of Cheeta. It is assumed by most, although never specifically mentioned, that the Tarzan scene in the attraction is from Tarzan and His Mate (1932), IMO the best of the Weissmuller films, and your guide tells you it is “Cheeta as herself.”
-Cheeta is a male chimp, so not a "herself"
-If its Tarzan and His Mate (1932), it wouldn’t have been Cheeta playing Cheeta
These can all be fixed with a well needed script update where they could add a fact about Cheeta's recent record breaking age.

*In the Wizard of Oz scene, your guide actually says Glenda’s lines from the movie, but the way they say it makes it sound considerably more corny than when watching the Wizard of Oz (1939).

I’m sure there is more but I’m tired of typing and I haven’t been to WDW in a couple of years so I’m not completely fresh. Next time I go I’ll be sure to pick up on more, as the attention to detail is fantastic, and a great tribute to these magnificent films!

Also, please let me know if you’ve heard these before or if I’m just plain incorrect (in which you can PM me so I can correct the mistake before too many people read it).

Enjoy :)

#68 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for that great information Skippy :)

#69 User is offline   PrincessBelle3210518 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

It was a great ides to add these facts about the ride!!! All of them, including your opinions are of course greatly appreciated!!! (even though some of us alreasdy knew most it!!) LOL!!!

#70 User is offline   PrincessBelle3210518 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

p.s. I need to add a video of GMR somwhere!! I just need to figure out how to make a video on YouTube first!!!!

#71 User is offline   Skippy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

As much as I love YouTube, I actually find Google Video to load faster on my PC and in some cases, have better quality :roll:

#72 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

Skippy, you forgot a few.

-At one point, a trash can in the scene had a newspaper hanging out with the Disney Job Line logo on it . . .
-James Cagney is saying the lines in the wrong scene. The lines are right but in the movie he is saying them to a shop keep.
-In the Gangster scene, the car's license plate remembers the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
-The Gangster, Squid (Who gets shot) Beans (next to him) and the one in the passenger seat of the car can be seen in another Disney World Attraction as Pirates. . .

The belt John Wayne is wearing is the exact one he wore in the Searchers.

Alien
There is a computer readout that welcomes visitors from the Glendale Galaxy (Home of Imagineering) in Alien.
-The first time you see the Alien is not from the ceiling attack, rather it's tale hanging out from the first airlock on the right
-The "Drinking Bird" from the movie is seen directly below the tail
-Another computer readout shows a list of the Imagineers for the ride and what they are doing (Everywhere at once. Still Programing the Witch, ect.)

Raiders of the Lost Ark
-Those privy to the codes for attractions will notice a nod to one of the codes on the wall leaving the scene and leaving the next scene.
-Yeah, those pillars in the "Lost Temple/Anubis. . . Lets not go there.

I've got more but can't think of more right now.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#73 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:10 PM

Interesting info there Indy

#74 User is offline   Skippy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:45 PM

IndyandMarion said:

-James Cagney is saying the lines in the wrong scene. The lines are right but in the movie he is saying them to a shop keep.

Not really. I own the movie and like I said above, the Imagineers mixed scenes, lines, and even made up alot on their own (I'll post the movie scene if I have to). It's all in detail above!

IndyandMarion said:

-The first time you see the Alien is not from the ceiling attack, rather it's tale hanging out from the first airlock on the right
-The "Drinking Bird" from the movie is seen directly below the tail

This is the first time I've heard of this but I wouldn't doubt for a second that the Imagineers would put this kind of detail in. Can someone please post pictures so I can appreciate the creative team behind the GMR even more?

BTW IndyandMarion, did you go on a tour or work there before because you seem to know an awful lot? Either way, I really enjoy your insight!

Thanks for knowing so much (about my favorite attraction at MGM) :thumright:

Skippy

#75 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:12 PM

I've been thinking about the whole Cochise County thing. True, it's in Arizona but the scene can't be in Arizona because if we believe the sign that says "Only bath tub between Chicago and Denver" then Arizona wont fit because it's southwest of Colorado, am I wrong?

It's not really John Wanye's voice, Chad Everett is.

Thomas Jefferson is the sheriff (Same AA face being used again)

Also, In Raiders, Hidden Mickey on tablet right below the Ark. On the wall to the right of the exit to the next room (Behind the statue just past Indy, You'll see the letter D, then the tri circle). Mickey and Donald across from that.

So called Hidden Mickey in Anubis by one of the torches is not an official one, placed by CMs

You will never see it unless you walk the track but the yellow brick road is painted on the track in Fantasia. The Fantasia room was originally going to be a tornado, but it was cut due to time and the paint was wearing off too quickly (Would have to repaint it every night)

Working plans for the finale would have two separate theaters. Plan was to have the gangster or bandit, depends on who you got, come out and take a final bow, then the curtains seen in the room would pull back to reveal another set of all the AAs for one final bow for them.
*Or so I've been told. But there isn't any proof of this.

#76 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

That would be awesome for the finale! And I agree about that Arizona thing. And I thought at one point the Fantasia room was a tornado room?

#77 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

Yeah. Fantasia was a tornado room when being built. Disney took a lot of "It's a done deal for sure" routes on the ride.

Hence Clint Eastwood being a last minute edition and not speaking.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#78 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:04 AM

He'd probably just try to upstage Mr. Wayne anyway, lol.

#79 User is offline   Skippy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:48 PM

I thought the finale and tornado scene was nixed either 1) The contract they signed for The Wizard of Oz was for ONLY 3 minutes and the added scenes exceeded their limit or 2) The special F/X used for the tornado scene was copy righted by the original artist and they couldn't get the rights to use it. Those are the rumors!

Also, I have another to add the the GMR list:

*In the Warner Bros. “Underworld” scene there is a sign above a garage that reads Red & Blue Cab Co. This is the name of the cab company that James Cagney owned on the side, in addition to his bootlegging business, in "The Roaring Twenties (1939)."

Can't get enough of Cagney :D

Skippy

#80 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

I thought the Cab Co. had some sort of storyline to it.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users