Hot Hot Hot Part Duex Aug Trip 1st time stuff & lessons learned

#1 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:42 AM

Tues Aug. 9th 3 parks one day...
Park 1

The Crew finally wakes up & we head to Attached Image: Typhoon Lagoon compressed.jpg] It was the type of day that all of you had told me to wish for, hot, but over cast & randomly raining. We got there at 11:30 & found a parking space in the front.. good sign. This was our 1st time, so it took us awhile to get situated. These are lessons I learned so we can get straight to the water next time:
Lesson 1- come w/swim suits on. oops didn't do this
Lesson 2 if staying on property grab towels from hotel pool, same as the ones you rent. yes, did this!!!
Lesson 3- Bring cash to put on a gift card that you can wear on wrist, this way no need for a locker. did gift card but had to get locker for purse.
Lesson 4-Embrace hard rain b/c it clears the H20park. LOVED this!

We were only going to stay for a few hours, but when most of the ppl left due to hard rain, we just went to the wave pool & had a blast. Once the rain stopped, we walked on to everything. I loved the shark reef. My 12 yo (surfgirl) did this attraction several times in a row. Of all the slides & rides I have to say the lazy river was my favorite...that may sound strange, but it was a real "family" ride. Needless to say we shut the park down at 7pm.

Park 2
We were headed back to BW & I was at a crossroads, right, go to the hotel, left go to HS. I chose Attached Image: HS compressed.jpg
I HAD to ride Star Tours. I told kids we'd just stop in to ride Star Tours & leave.
Attached Image: star tours compressed.jpg Amazing ride! We all loved it. We were completely blown away. Well done Disney!!!
okay so we had to go on a few more rides...Attached Image: Muppets Compressed 2.jpg Attached Image: TSMM MN pic compressed.jpg
It was time for HS to close so we decided let's head to

Park 3 Epcot
Using Lines we did the kids two faves Test Track & Attached Image: Soarin Cheaters compressed.jpg for the record they were cheating in the Soarin' line. It was then time for Epcot to close, so back to BW b/c the girls had a class at Epcot in the morning.

Wed. Aug 10 Disney YES program
8:30 am at Epcot my girls took Ocean's Discoveries class as part of the Youth Educational Series. The class was approx 2.5 hours it took place in The Living Seas pavilion. They did 4-5 activities
1. fish id in main tank
2. trivia game about the fish they saw
3. Created a net that fishing companies could use to get the small fish they wanted but not harm larger sea creatures & mammals
4. Eating like a Sea Turtle
5. Sea Turtle Survival
Attached Image: Yes Program Cmpressed.jpg This is the Sea Turtle Survival

While we were in class my husband got FP for Soarin & TT, so we got out of class, got right on to both rides & then hit WS.
Lesson 1: in Aug heat you can't go more than 3 countries b4 you need AC.
Lesson 2: Disney's AC is amazing, how do they keep doors open, but stores cold??
Lesson 3: Kakigori is the most amazing way to cool down
Lesson 4: didn't see one bug the entire time in Disney???

Headed back to BW to swim & wait for friends from England. That night ate at Beaches & Cream (1st time for us) yum!

Thurs Aug 11-- WWof HP glad I did it, but man the space is WAY too small for the #'s, oh & I found where all the bugs went. I thank all the ppl on this site for their advice it was very helpful. As we left Universal, my niece summed it up best,"this was interesting, but I can't wait to get back to Disney."
Lesson 1: Go to WWofHP at night less ppl, parking is $3

Went to Ohanna w/our friends from England. I love this restaurant. I know it's changed a lot, but I like the noodles & veggies. I love that they served chix instead of turkey. Our kids played countless games with the Ohanna singer & we watched Wishes while we ate. It was a perfect dinner & the perfect way to end our trip...see you to celebrate our 40th (sans children!!!)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users