Studios Central: The Laugh Floor, DDE, & Tiny Trip Report... - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Laugh Floor, DDE, & Tiny Trip Report...

#1 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:09 AM

Just a warning... this trip report contains minor spoilers. I won't go into much detail, because there's really not too much to say, other than what's already been said, but it might contain minor spoilers. However, I will leave a gap before I get to them incase you dont want to read them.

I have a group of friends that I go to Disney with every week or every two weeks. We all have APs and we all love blowing off responsibility to run away to the world (or just have some fun!) Well yesterday we decided to make an afternoon trip.

We arrived at Animal Kingdom at about 2pm. One of my friends, renewed her AP, and then we went into the park. We walked right on Dinosaur and of course posed for an amusing picture. We then walked over to Everest, but the wait was 40 minutes. Since we are all Disney-snobs, we just ignored the line and went to get food. We decided to eat at the Tusker house. After this, we decided to go somewhere else.

We drove over to the Ticket and Transportation Center and parked our cars. Then we took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We walked into the magic Kingdom and it was empty. There were probably less than 100 people walking up or down mainstreet. We were excited about this prospect, so we ran to the tip board to check things out. Nothing was longer than 10 minutes, so we went straight to Tomorrowland.

We walked right on buzz, and then decided to go over to Space Mountain. We road the left or A side of Space Mountain first. Our car was empty except for the four of us, and it seemed to be going abnormally fast, so we decided to ride the B side to see if it was just as fast. So we walked out and walked right back on the B side. We get loaded into a car, and go into the tunnel and are in that little area where you can see the people waiting in line... and we sit there...

and sit there...

and sit there...

we were "cleared for launch" about 20 times, and we sat there for ten minutes. By this time, we were getting confused because we figured they were fixing something, but how long would they make us sit there? Finally we were told "the B-side" is clear for launch. We went out into the tunnel, and as I was being in front once we got out in the main part, I was trying to see the other cars zoom around. Sure enough, for some reason they cleared both track sides, so our rocket was the only rocket going through.

We finally get off space mountain, and decide to go back to Buzz. We walked right on it again, and we got stuck again in Buzz. We got stopped twice which was amusing. As we were walking out of Buzz, we decided to head toward Fantasyland. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a door open into the Comedy Club...

I started going "Door... Door" and pointing to the open door, and we took off running, since they looked like they were going to be closing it.

Here are some minor spoilers!

We got inside and let me say, it is VERY brightly painted. I LOVE the paint job they did with the inside it was very Bright. And it looked like "monsters" painted it, so I loved it. We got into the waiting area (which is the exact same waiting area as timekeeper) and we were told that this is in testing only. The attraction won't be open for a couple months and we will be asked a series of questions after the attraction to help the Disney imagineers make it better. We were also told to take NO pictures what-so-ever.

Then we were asked if we have any jokes. Disney cast members came around with clip-boards and wrote down jokes that little kids said. I thought this was a cute idea.

Then we went into the theatre (which again is the same area as Timekeeper) to brightly colored plastic seats (kinda uncomfortable, but not too bad).

The back three rows was filled with disney executives and engineers. We sat down and the show started. A monster is your host in the beginning, and the show is basically very similar to Turtle Talk with Crush. The show began and they used cameras to talk to the audience and different children. Many different monsters came to tell you jokes, including Mike's nephew. They ask you questions about the human world, pick on audience members, and tell jokes.

Raz also makes an appearance. She is amusing as always. The show was somewhat funny. It could have been funnier, but really, part of it does depend on jokes from the little kids too.

There were a few technical glitches, but overall it was a smooth show. It was pretty funny, and overall, I enjoyed it.

After the show we were asked if we wanted the show to be longer, shorter or stay the same (longer in my opinion), if we wanted to see different monsters longer or shorter (some were shorter, some were longer), and other questions.

Then we were given a free fastpass to any ride in the Magic Kingdom for our participating in the test.

Overall, I thought the show was good. There were some improvements but it was interesting. I don't think I would go on it very often unless I have small children, but I will go on it again whenever they have preview weekends.

After the show we went to Fantsyland and road Peter Pan's Flight. however, as we were walking there, we passed a group of 10 "dream squad" members. One of them was counting, so we were debating just taking laps past him, but decided to go in line. After Peter Pan we went to Thunder Mountain.

After Thunder Mountain, the same huge group of "dream squad" members passed us again. One of my friends and I decided to follow them since the boys wanted to take a tiny break. So we started following them at a safe distance. However, after watching them, it looked like one of them was training the other members because they were all just talking and listening. So we decided to give up our hunt.

We then went on Pirates and walked right on that. After that we went on the Jungle Cruise because my friend had taken a tour two weekends before and one of the pigme welcoming party members says "i love disco" and we were trying to hear it. However, we missed it, so we'll have to go again sometime.

We decided to head over to Epcot. We road the monorails to Epcot and then we decided to go on Soarin'. It said it had a 40 minute wait. However, we walked right on Soarin. (someone needs to tell Disney to update their times. lol).

After Soarin', we decided to go to the English Pub. I had picked up my temporary Disney Dining Experience card on the way into the park, and that was one of the locations we could get drinks and discounts. So we went to the pub. I got a Welsh Dragon minus the mint (it was VERY fruity and VERY delicious). While my friends got different types of Beer.

After this, we decided to go watch Illuminations. We walked it from over by Japan. After illuminations (and eating various disney treats like a funnel cake or a cinnamin pretzel) we went back to our cars. We road in the front of the monorail back, and that was a night!

[/b]
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#2 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the report! You and your friends can certainly squeeze alot of activity into one day....it wore me out just reading your report :mrgreen:

#3 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:15 PM

That was actually a slow day for us. Lol. We were only there from about 2/2:30ish til 9.
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:09 PM

I skipped the spoiler part so can you give the Laugh Floor a letter grade (like A. B, C, D or F)? I want it to be a surprise when I eventually see it.

#5 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

I'd probably give it a C.
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic