• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dining Plan Credits

#1 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

I thought I understood the dining plan... but after listening to an episode of WDW today I am kind of confused.

I understand that on each card is basically a balance of credits... but I always thought that the credits were broken down by person and by age. Let me give you a hypothetical situation and you can tell me how it would work out... This of course is purely hypothetical...

=======

Lets say family A Has Two Adults, 1 Child age 4 and 1 Child age 2. We will call them Mom, Dad, Son (4) and Daughter (2).

Free dining comes along and Dad decides that even though Daughter is only 2, it would be in the best interest of the family to count her as a 3 year old. For the price of one admission ticket it would give her food at each resturaunt and allow everyone to order what they like.

Dining time comes along at the Crystal Palace, and dad notices that children under 3 eat free! Now though he claimed Daughter on the dining plan as being 3 he tells the Host/Hostess that Daughter is actually 2, because she is!

Rather than use 4 Table Service Credits he only uses 3. 2 Adults and 1 Child.

Lets say that every time there is a family service, or buffet style meal Dad gives daughters actual age... and at each menu driven meal he orders her her own food. At the end of the trip the family is out of time, and there are still 5 table service credits left on balance.

:P
==============

Are these 5 credits childrens menu credits, or can anyone use them. I know that it says children must order off the childrens menu... but on the actual card when they scan it or whatever, does it say 5 adult credits, 5 children credits remaining?

Could Dad use 4 of these credits to give his family another sit down meal together, or could they only be used in the future for son and daughter?

Thank in advane!!!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

Each adult gets a set of credits per day and kids as well. So....4 adults x 4 days = 16 table service credits, 14 counter service credits and 14 snack credits.

If you want to blow 14 snack credits in one day and all by dad, that's fine. They all draw from the same place. The only real limitation is an adult trying to use a child's table service meal credit for him/herself.

Does that make sense?

#3 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:34 AM

So if I have 2 adults and 2 kids for 1 Day my credits are actually stored in the computer as:

2 Adult Counter Service
2 Kids Counter Service

2 Adult Quick Service
2 Kid Quick Service

8 Snacks

If the kids skipped a meal that credit could never be used by an adult because the computer would flag it?

#4 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

It is like a prepaid phone card.
You start with X number of Counter Service, X number of Table Service, and X number of Snack credits.

And they are deducted when you use them. There is no limit on amount per day that you use them.

#5 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

For example on our last trip we wanted to try the DDP and there are three adults in the party. we were staying for 6 days. so at the start of the trip there were 18 Table Service Credits, 18 counter service credits, and 18 snack credits.

All three of us has the power to draw from that bank of points as we each had access on our Key to the World card.

On our first night at WDW, we just had dinner at Cookes of Dublin so that was 3 Counter Service credits used.

Because we hadn't used our Tableservice credit that day we used it the next night when we ate at Cindy's Royal Table which is a two Tableservice credit.

#6 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

My understanding is that, initially, there was no difference between the adult and child credits. After apparently widespread abuse, they were separated out in the last year, I think, and are no longer interchangeable with the exception of the snack credits.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

Jeanine said:

My understanding is that, initially, there was no difference between the adult and child credits. After apparently widespread abuse, they were separated out in the last year, I think, and are no longer interchangeable with the exception of the snack credits.
You are correct Jeanine

#8 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

i believe that we are doing the DDP again this next trip too. It turns out to be about the same as I would pay without it, if not a few bucks cheaper. It pretty much matches how I normally eat and it is great not to have to carry around that much money every day in the parks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users