Studios Central: Dessert Party - Noodle Station Fireworks Viewing - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dessert Party - Noodle Station Fireworks Viewing

#1 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

Got a message from Disney about something new. Dessert Party at the Noodle Station for special view of the MK Fireworks. Does anyone have any more information. I know you have to pay, but do you know how the viewing is from there? And with the overhang, how many people can they really fit in there and still have good viewing? The message says that it starts now and it's for a couple of months. :unsure:
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

I heard it was sold out?

#3 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

I can't speak for the party, rather the seating.

Before the last float enters view for whatever nightly parade there is, I always high-tail it over to the terrace to grab a table. If the weather is nice, I get one out from underneath the overhang, closer to Main Street. If the weather is more "humid", then I grab a table close to the "point" between Main Street and Tomorrowland.

The viewing is pretty good; there are some trees that block the righthand fireworks if you're too close to Tomorrowland. I like it due to:
A) You have actual seats
B) you have covering if it's drizzling
C) very, VERY few people try and stand in front of you
D) Taking pictures is great here... the lighting from the terrace gets any people you want lit without flash.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#4 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:47 AM

I've viewed the fireworks from there many times. It's a good spot to rest your tired feet and legs after a day in the park. In my mind, the ability to sit usually outweighs the slightly decreased view (fireworkd are to the right of castle rather than over and some are partially blocked by the trees) but I don't think I would pay to sit there for cookies & brownies. I would rather have an an ice cream sundae from Main Street.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#5 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

I made an ADR for this dessert party on Friday night, Aug 7th just to try it out. I'm a little concerned about viewing Spectro from so far away. I guess having the desserts available to me will help me get over it.

#6 User is offline   Rodders 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Rugby League, Music, Disney and Booze

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:20 AM

View PostADP, on Jun 29 2009, 08:32 PM, said:

I made an ADR for this dessert party on Friday night, Aug 7th just to try it out. I'm a little concerned about viewing Spectro from so far away. I guess having the desserts available to me will help me get over it.

This looks like a great thing to do. Please let us know how you like it :unsure: My wife is very keen on this idea so we hope that they continue holding them.
Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic

#7 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:46 AM

I've watched from there. It's an ok view, made better by having a seat. I wouldn't be excited about watching a parade from there however, because it's pretty far away.

Although I was initially interested in this offering, I've come to think of it as a disquieting metamorphosis, the way Disney is gradually closing off a lot of the prime viewing areas for fireworks, etc. in all their parks, and making them only available on a private party/pay basis.

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

View PostJeanine, on Jul 1 2009, 02:46 AM, said:

I've watched from there. It's an ok view, made better by having a seat. I wouldn't be excited about watching a parade from there however, because it's pretty far away.

Although I was initially interested in this offering, I've come to think of it as a disquieting metamorphosis, the way Disney is gradually closing off a lot of the prime viewing areas for fireworks, etc. in all their parks, and making them only available on a private party/pay basis.

I agree that Disney has been moving to monetanize their fireworks shows lately. You have the tomorrowland thing now, which was proceeded by the Fantasmic! dinner package (for better or worse) and Epcot has had many prime areas roped off for years for use for private groups (AKA people who pay a lot to watch the fireworks).

#9 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:55 AM

We went to Mk yesterday, and I had called wdwdine in the morning to see if there were any spots for this available and was told it was sold out, upon arrival at MK went to guest relations to ask again, again they said it was sold out, so decided to just enjoy the park, around 6:30 we walked past the noodle station and saw them setting up for the dessert party, asked an attendant and she said that they always leave spots open for walk ups but they were given out around 5pm, again guest relations fails to have proper info...anyways she said to try around 8:45pm because they have 3 tables that they put out when it doesn't rain...we where there at 8:30pm and the line for check in was long, but, the weather cooperated so we were checked in at 9:05pm.
First the desserts were awesome, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate moose, fruit tarts, cheesecakes shot glasses, mango sorbet, tiramisu, pistachio creme brulee, brownies, doughnuts, cookies o yeah fruit as well.....
For drinks they had coffee (regular and decaf), lemonade, blackberry tea, apple juice, hot water with various teas and water.
The tables are asigned so you can't pick where to sit but it doesn't really matter, you're stuffed with sugar by 9:40 just in time to walk around a bit and let the sugar come down. There is a photopass person with the perfect view of the castle changing colors at the party as well.
Around 9:50 people started getting up and heading toward the rail/wall...it wasn't crowded at all, so no worries, the kids got in front and I stayed back a bit, perfect view for tinkerbell and the fireworks explode toward the right of the castle...
I noticed the CM's picking things up while the show was on, but afterwards there was still a small table with whatever desserts were left. My daughter decided she still didn't have enough and grabbed another plate (she regreted this decision about 20 minutes later) they didn't rush us out, we stayed in the area until 10:30pm.
So my advice, if you want to attend and don't have a ressie, go by the podium of the noodle station and ask for walk up opportunities.
In my opinion this was worth the value, you can clearly see spectro from here, of course not the up close experience but still a good view without the hassle...the food was amazing and always reffiled, there was no waiting in line to get it. the view of wishes is good as well, although not centered with the castle , but still a good one.
Hope this helps
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#10 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

View Postyulilin, on Jul 19 2009, 09:55 AM, said:

We went to Mk yesterday, and I had called wdwdine in the morning to see if there were any spots for this available and was told it was sold out, upon arrival at MK went to guest relations to ask again, again they said it was sold out, so decided to just enjoy the park, around 6:30 we walked past the noodle station and saw them setting up for the dessert party, asked an attendant and she said that they always leave spots open for walk ups but they were given out around 5pm, again guest relations fails to have proper info...anyways she said to try around 8:45pm because they have 3 tables that they put out when it doesn't rain...we where there at 8:30pm and the line for check in was long, but, the weather cooperated so we were checked in at 9:05pm.
First the desserts were awesome, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate moose, fruit tarts, cheesecakes shot glasses, mango sorbet, tiramisu, pistachio creme brulee, brownies, doughnuts, cookies o yeah fruit as well.....
For drinks they had coffee (regular and decaf), lemonade, blackberry tea, apple juice, hot water with various teas and water.
The tables are asigned so you can't pick where to sit but it doesn't really matter, you're stuffed with sugar by 9:40 just in time to walk around a bit and let the sugar come down. There is a photopass person with the perfect view of the castle changing colors at the party as well.
Around 9:50 people started getting up and heading toward the rail/wall...it wasn't crowded at all, so no worries, the kids got in front and I stayed back a bit, perfect view for tinkerbell and the fireworks explode toward the right of the castle...
I noticed the CM's picking things up while the show was on, but afterwards there was still a small table with whatever desserts were left. My daughter decided she still didn't have enough and grabbed another plate (she regreted this decision about 20 minutes later) they didn't rush us out, we stayed in the area until 10:30pm.
So my advice, if you want to attend and don't have a ressie, go by the podium of the noodle station and ask for walk up opportunities.
In my opinion this was worth the value, you can clearly see spectro from here, of course not the up close experience but still a good view without the hassle...the food was amazing and always reffiled, there was no waiting in line to get it. the view of wishes is good as well, although not centered with the castle , but still a good one.
Hope this helps

Great information. I would never have thought to check at the Noodle Station, especially since they said "Sold Out". Seems like it may be worth giving it a try. Thanks again.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#11 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

I really want to give this a shot. They have a Desert Party at Disneyland for Fantasmic and it was a blast. The deserts I've seen for this look very good and if you are trying to see the fireworks it is nice to be out of the crowd.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#12 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

Yesterday we went to MK and walked past the check in desk for the dessert party, my daughter wanted to tell them how much she enjoyed the desserts and asked if they would think of extending it, and they said yes.
They are extending it till January but there will be a price increase after Aug. 28th I think she said.
So if anyone wanted to give it a try now you can.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#13 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:30 PM

thanks, this is perfect - i have been waiitng for the extension if it was going to happen;

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

Of course they are increasing the price....

#15 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

i called dining to book this today but the CM couldnt find anything; not only isnt there any indication that it is extended, but he couldnt find anything listed about it for the rest of this month; hopefully that means that they are upgrading the system so by tomorrow all will be well and i can book for the new dates;

#16 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

they just extended it today thru oct 31; i booked it for this mon nt, aug 31, our 23rd wedding anniversary; and spectro runs that nt too; price went up a bit - it is now $23.42 for adults aged 10 and over and $12.77 for children aged 3-9. (Price includes tax and gratuities.)

#17 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

we did this mon night aug 31; what an experience; we saw spectromagic from there which broke down for about 20 minutes which caused wishes to go on about 20 minutes late; but the desserts kept us busy; tink flew right over our heads; i highly recommend this especially if you like desserts; there is also a photopass CM inside with you for some great night pics with the castle in the background;

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

It's been extended once more, now through Dec 31

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users