Studios Central: Best place in MGM to take the kids for Table Service Meal? - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best place in MGM to take the kids for Table Service Meal?

#1 User is offline   jaysue 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:00 PM

Have two boys, aged 7 and 4 - looking for opinions as to best place to take the boys for a table service lunch or dinner

They are not picky eaters and enjoy all sorts of food

Cheers
jaysue

#2 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

Hi jaysue! (Stimpy here from MO :wink: )

Both my kids love Sci-fi! (DS is 7 & DD is almost 3) The food is ok but they love the atmosphere at Sci-fi the best. They just laugh and stare at the big movie screen and DH & I get a pretty quiet meal in the "back seat".

We've never had good luck at the Primetime lately. I hear all the time about people having such fun with the servers, but the last few times we went, we barely got acknowledged at all. (The first few years it was open, we loved it and always had fun) I though the kids would like it, but they didn't "get it".

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

I'm so going against Kim and saying do not go to the Sci-Fi. Terrible value.

The best place for kids and adults where you can get a good meal has to be 50's Primetime.

If being entertained isn't as important to you as a good meal, I'd recommend Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose's

#4 User is offline   Jambo Everyone 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:07 PM

Perhaps kids would like the Primetime, but this place drives me up a wall. The Sci0Fi would hold their attention, if that's a problem. My niece and nephew absolutley LOVE buffets, so the H&V is the one they like the most
Posted Image

Jambo Everyone!
Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#5 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

I loathe the Prime Time and wrote the review for it on MouseExtra Dave's site. My choice would be the Sci-Fi
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#6 User is offline   soccermouse 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney & Soccer

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

The Sci-fi is our one sit-down meal on our June trip. What food is good and a good value and what should we avoid?

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:39 PM

MJMcBride said:

I loathe the Prime Time and wrote the review for it on MouseExtra Dave's site. My choice would be the Sci-Fi
I don't know what Dave gives you on his site, but you've got it very backwards. Sci-fi is just too overpriced for the average food.

soccermouse said:

The Sci-fi is our one sit-down meal on our June trip. What food is good and a good value and what should we avoid?
I really don't like the sci-fi because the food is overpriced, however, since you're already going, I would recommend sticking with the simpler foods there (burger, sandwiches, or pasta).

#8 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

QuickGold said:

MJMcBride said:

I don't know what Dave gives you on his site, but you've got it very backwards. Sci-fi is just too overpriced for the average food.

soccermouse said:

I really don't like the sci-fi because the food is overpriced, however, since you're already going, I would recommend sticking with the simpler foods there (burger, sandwiches, or pasta).

On the first point, I'm Dave's mentor. Secondly, I agree stick with the staples. I would do a burger and a shake. The shakes are good and that combo feels right while watching clips of Attack of the 80 foot Tick

#9 User is offline   Jambo Everyone 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:09 AM

MJMcBride said:

On the first point, I'm Dave's mentor.

Oh boy :roll: :lol:
I'm out of it for a little while, and everybody gets delusions of grandeur.

I have to agree with MJ here. The Sci-Fi is certainly no great shakes, but kids love the place. It looks amazing, and the food is fine for them.

Primetime is one place I will never go to again. It drives me NUTS!!!
Posted Image

Jambo Everyone!

#10 User is offline   soccermouse 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:56 AM

[quote="MouseExtraDave"][quote=MJMcBride]

I have to agree with MJ here. The Sci-Fi . . . but kids love the place. It looks amazing, and the food is fine for them.

[/quote]

That is what we have heard. I think that our 4 kids will love it. My wife loves the old sci-fi movies and I think we can survive with sub-par food. I't must be better than the McDonald's food we often get at home.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

To quote Marlin, "It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it. "

If you do decide to go to Sci-Fi (looks like I'm out-voted), be sure to get an ADR and request a booth that is a car. They have 3 different kids of tables and the car is the way to go (whoever has to sit at those picnic tables gets the shaft in my opinion).

#12 User is offline   soccermouse 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

QuickGold said:

To quote Marlin, "It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it. "

If you do decide to go to Sci-Fi (looks like I'm out-voted), be sure to get an ADR and request a booth that is a car. They have 3 different kids of tables and the car is the way to go (whoever has to sit at those picnic tables gets the shaft in my opinion).

We have the ADR but they said that we had to request a car at the restaurant on the day or our ADR. We are planning on getting there really early and doing so.

#13 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:18 PM

QuickGold is right. Get the car. Much much better
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#14 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:25 PM

One time, I went to Sci-Fi for dinner, and I looked over the dinner menu, and discovered that there was no burger on the menu. I made mention of that to my server (her name was Ali, I think), and she must have gotten a manager to special order one for me. Quite a pleasant surprise, I must say. I gave her a nice tip.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#15 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

Snuggie said:

One time, I went to Sci-Fi for dinner, and I looked over the dinner menu, and discovered that there was no burger on the menu. I made mention of that to my server (her name was Ali, I think), and she must have gotten a manager to special order one for me. Quite a pleasant surprise, I must say. I gave her a nice tip.
Sci-Fi shares a kitchen with ABC Commissary (along with the restrooms) so they had them from there but still nice of them to do that. Disney's thing is customer service and even if it was just a lunch item, I bet they would have thawed out a burger if you asked for it.

#16 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:24 AM

That's why we prefer lunch at the Sci-fi instead of dinner. Not much on the dinner menu appeals to me and it is overpriced. Atleast lunch is a little cheaper and the burgers are good.

We also got burgers for dinner once but we weren't as lucky. The ones we got tasted like they were left over from lunch, definately not fresh. Glad you had better luck :lol:

#17 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:00 PM

I couldn't really tell if a food is fresh or not, so it didn't really make much of a difference to me. :oops:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users