Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help with my WDW blog

#1 User is offline   DisneyMacAddict 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

I have just started my first blog. The general topic is my planning for our upcoming trip to WDW in 354 days. I plan to blog just about everyday and cover as many topics and ideas as time allows. I have been doing it since the end of May and have 14 blog posts. I have had around 200 hits but no one is leaving feedback. I realize that I am not going to be a rockstar like Matt Hochberg or Len Testa but I would love some guidance. So if there is anyone that would be willing to look at my page and give me some feedback/advice as far as layout, ideas, ways to increase traffic to my site, ways to make a little money,(or to avoid putting Adsense or things like that on the page.) etc I would greatly appreciate it.

http://idisneyplan.blogspot.com/

I am really enjoying writing the blog. It has helped me to cope with my Disney OCD. Thanks for any help you can provide.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

My best advice to anyone looking to start a site is to be consistent. Figure out a posting schedule and stick to it. Nothing alienates readers more than when a site is "dead" for periods of time.

Good luck!

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

ITA with what Matt said.

A couple other things to consider:
Try and mix-up the format of your writing style. Changing your format gives your readers a different flavor and perspecitve without the "same old, same old" format. Add personal stories to your blogs, write 1st person versus 3rd person on ocassion, etc, etc.

Also, make sure to use the social media sites to inform readers of new blog posts like Facebook and Twitter. This will help spread the word about your blogs through Facebook shares and Twitter retweets.

Hope that helps.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users