Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Studios portion in the Top 7

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

For those unaware, Disney recently re-did their Top 7 show that featured Stacey. It still stars Stacey, although it's much shorter in duration and less "perky". At any rate, the Studios portion's featured attraction is American Idol Experience.

#2 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

Oh come on... Not even Toy Story? AIE? :)

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:18 AM

I guess the suits consider TSM "old news". I wonder how challenging it is to recruit singers for the AIE shows? I imagine many guests, even if they would like to audition, don't want to potentially tie up a good portion of their day at AIE, especially if they're only at WDW a few days or a week....
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

HDLady said:

I guess the suits consider TSM "old news". I wonder how challenging it is to recruit singers for the AIE shows? I imagine many guests, even if they would like to audition, don't want to potentially tie up a good portion of their day at AIE, especially if they're only at WDW a few days or a week....
I've asked CMs that question on a few occasions and each time they claim there's never been much of an issue of finding people to sing.

#5 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

Call my cynical (remember I grew up in NJ - just 30 miles from NYC!!!). You gotta wonder, Matt, if that responsefrom CMs is the "party line" or reality. It may be that tons of people audition ....or.... DSH struggles on certain days to recruit. I'm sure, even if there were sometimes issues with recruiting, they wouldn't admit it for fear of (what they perceive as) negative word getting out...
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

HDLady said:

Call my cynical (remember I grew up in NJ - just 30 miles from NYC!!!). You gotta wonder, Matt, if that responsefrom CMs is the "party line" or reality. It may be that tons of people audition ....or.... DSH struggles on certain days to recruit. I'm sure, even if there were sometimes issues with recruiting, they wouldn't admit it for fear of (what they perceive as) negative word getting out...
I considered the party line but I never have much problem getting CM's to tell me how they really feel, like when I complain about Fantasmic! and there are CMs who openly agree with me and one that was actively telling guests how they should complain. The CMs that work attractions and aren't managers are the ones that I've found to be the most honest.

#7 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

QuickGold said:

HDLady said:

I considered the party line but I never have much problem getting CM's to tell me how they really feel, like when I complain about Fantasmic! and there are CMs who openly agree with me and one that was actively telling guests how they should complain. The CMs that work attractions and aren't managers are the ones that I've found to be the most honest.

We're the ones with nothing to lose lol. Bottom of the food chain. There are a few 'hush hush' topics, and suggested answers, but i know for me personally i tell them the "party line" and the real deal and let them decide which answer they prefer.

#8 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

Honestly, I think in today's era, most people believe (incorrectly) that they can sing.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#9 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

YoPaulie said:

Honestly, I think in today's era, most people believe (incorrectly) that they can sing.

I know I can't. Have you heard me try the microphone controller on Guitar Hero World Tour? Not as simple as you'd think it would be. And don't ask me to perform "Eye of the Tiger" for you. I suck like a black hole.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#10 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:44 AM

YoPaulie said:

Good point, YoPaulie. As I'm thinking about it, they really only need 21 people a day to cover the 7 regular shows. Even on a day with "light" attendance that's probably not an issue.
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#11 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:38 AM

I was there the other day and every 30 min. over the speakers around hollywood blvd would come an announcement encouraging people to try out. This happened until about 11:30am. So I don't know how "easy" is it to get people to audition. The annoying part is that it kept interrupting the Citizens of Hollywood that were out at that time, the AIE people have CM at the entrance by Sid's, then another one by the tip board, then then one in the actual attraction line, if you want to audition you can't really miss them.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#12 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

I'm sure the suits at Disney believe AIE is a feature attraction and it seems they are marketing it that way, but I can't see it. I'm not sure it's worthy of it being a top 7 must see. TSMM, RnR, and ToT deserve a top 7 status before AIE.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users