• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Disney Channel Rocks!" Cast

#1 User is offline   MuppetManiaMan 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Musical Theatre

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:19 AM

I know not many people must like "Disney Channel Rocks" as much as I did, but there was just something about it that was fun for me. I am a Music Theatre major at OCU, and "DCR" just made me want to jump in and perform along. Every cast member was so talented. I was impressed.
Here's my question, and it might even come across a little creepy, so I apologize. But, is there any way I could get a cast list so I could contact a few of the performers and ask some questions about performing, specifically performing at Disney. This would be so helpful for me. Thank you!

#2 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

Heh-heh. Not gonna happen. Disney's one of those companies that construct "corporate barriers" to keep people like us finding out about people like them. And even if Disney shared the most remote interest in outsiders performing for them, I wouldn't recommend it. I know a former Disney performer who has told me all sorts of horror stories that I can't repeat. Even in a non-performing role, working for Disney is not all fun-and-games.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

I can tell you that Disney wont release that sort of information for privacy reasons. You might have better luck some other way like finding one or two on Facebook, friending them and going about things that way.

#4 User is offline   MuppetManiaMan 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for your responses! Had no clue it would be so difficult. Haha!

#5 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

I hate Disney's privacy reasons. :angry:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

It's not just Disney that considers the privacy of their employees as important. I can't think of any company, be it in the entertainment field or in corporate America who would publish a name list or contact info for their employees. Sure, the executive name are published on publically held companies in their annual report. Some select employees may grant approval to have their names published for a press release, award they've received or some civic/heroic things they've done but it would be poor business practice and probably have some legal ramifications if any company published all employees names & contact info.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#7 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

Just found the info below. They do open casting calls every so often. The job descriptions may help you some. Also note that it's not uncommon to move from area to area within Disney so if your goal is to perform in one area of Disney, I suggest you audition for every available role you're qualified for & take any role they offer to get your foot in the door with the chance you could move to where you want at a later date. Good luck in your quest!!!

Open Casting Calls
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#8 User is offline   MuppetManiaMan 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Great advice! Thank you so much! Definitely hoping to perform there in some way, shape, or form next summer.

#9 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

You can also follow Disney Auditions on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/disneyauditions which also links you to their corporate website for auditions: http://corporate.dis...ions/index.html

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users