Studios Central: Little Ones Concert Series - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Little Ones Concert Series

#1 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:53 PM

Hi All -

I know this is over, but I just wanted to post a quick report on the Little Ones Concert Series specifically with Johnny and the Sprites.

There was a temporary tent setup behind the ToT and next to RnR. This area was called the Coaster Courtyard for good reason. The tent theater was very nice. The inside of the tent had chair and stadium type seating so everyone could get a good view of the stage. I should also note that this area was used for the finish line of the Tower of Terror 13K race held on Saturday, Oct. 27th.

We had to get tickets ahead of time for the 10:00AM show. It was Saturday, Oct. 20th and it was morning EMH at the Studios so I knew I had to get there at opening to get 3 tickets. The tickets were given out on a first come, first serve basis. I told my Wife and Daughter to sleep-in while I got the tickets at rope drop... :) Sometimes life is rough... :jedi:

This was the first time I had been to the Studios at rope drop. I had just missed it a few times before. They began admitting guests into the park at 7:50AM. Everyone was allowed up to the corner of Hollywood Blvd and Sunset. There was a rope which kept guests from going any further.

At 8:00AM an announcement with music which came on the Studios sound system welcomed guests to the Studios, etc, etc. The rope dropped and as I figured most everyone headed down Sunset Blvd towards the Theater District. I wasn't sure how many guests would be going for tickets to the 10:00AM show, but I didn't want to take any chances so I hustled as fast as I could to the Coaster Courtyard to get tickets.

Some folks headed to RnR, some to ToT, and some to the Coaster Courtyard for tickets to the show. I beat most guests and was 4th in line at the ticket distribution tent. I also picked up an autographed poster for my daughter of Johnny & The Sprites only available to AP holders. You had to ask and show your AP to receive one.

After I got my tickets and poster I headed for a nearby shop to pick up a bag. It had started raining and I didn't want the poster or tickets to get wet. I spoke with the Cast Member in the store who made a funny comment. She said every morning when the park opens it is said the park tips to the right due to the heavy crowds headed towards RnR and ToT. :D

So I had some time to kill before my wife and daughter joined me at the Studios for the concert. I figured since it was still early the lines at ToT and RnR would not be long. I was able to ride both within 35 minutes.

At 9:00AM I caught up with my wife and daughter at the entrance to the Studios. We were able to hit the Great Movie Ride before we needed to be in line for the show. My Daughter was very excited as she loves Johnny & The Sprites. She watches them on the Disney Channel every chance she gets.

We jumped in line at 9:35 and there were already 30 or so guests in front of us. I had not seen the inside of the tent yet so I wasn't sure what kind of seats we would get. As it turned out we were able to get seats in front of the stage and the Disney CMs allowed as many children as they could fit right in front of the stage sitting on the floor. The theater was somewhat full, so I probably didn't need to get there early for tickets, but I was able to get an early start. Johnny & The Sprites are very popular these days I guess.

Needless to say my Daughter was amazed when she saw Johnny and the rest of his friends as the show started. He came down from the stage during one of his songs and gave Anna (my daughter) a high five and interacted with the other kids. It was really a terrific show.

Here are some photos:

Signage at the front of the park
Posted Image

More signage in the Coaster Courtyard with ToT in the background
Posted Image

Ticket booth at the Coaster Courtyard
Posted Image

The concert tent
Posted Image

Merchandise tent for the event. Disney never misses a beat.
Posted Image

The stage inside the tent displayed the exact TV set of the Johnny & The Sprites show on the Disney Channel.
Posted Image

Johnny himself. The place went crazy when he came out. You would have thought Elvis had been resurected from the dead. :)
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:01 PM

I just posted some info from the Little Ones concert series I went to for Dan Zanes but your info is along the lines of what I gathered. This tent will remain up for Super Soap Weekend.

How crowded was your show Aaron? My 11:15 Dan Zanes concert was a ghost town.

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:53 AM

I saw your post Matt. The 10:00AM Johnny & The Sprites show was more than half full. I think they are much more popular right now than Dan Zanes. Also, the morning rain may have drove some people to the show since it is a covered venue; however, most attractions at the Studios are covered.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users