Studios Central: What are your Christmas/New Years plans? - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are your Christmas/New Years plans?

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:08 PM

The week of Christmas and New years is coming up, so what is everyone doing for that week? Anything special? Trips? Staying home? Sipping coca with Glenn?

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

On Dec. 24 we stay home, have a big traditional Venezuelan family dinner with the whole family and then open presents...(we can't wait till the morning of the 25 B) ) On Dec 25 we will probably go to one of the WDW parks and enjoy the craziness!! Still don't know what we'll be doing on Dec 31st but it looks like we might be able to go to DHS for NYE, probably will get there around 5pm. Jan 1st I really want to go to DHS to see the last performance of Block Party Bash!!
Those are our plans at the moment...
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

Christmas Eve I'm spending with the family with dinner and opening presents (I think we'll be opening presents). Christmas Day, after church, I'm going to try and see a movie and go out for sushi. It's sorta become a tradition for me. I know this all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant in Long Island somewhere, but I don't know if I can get there this year.

New Year's, I usually stay home and watch the ball drop on TV. I don't party (yeah, I'm boring, aren't I? :( ).
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#4 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

Christmas day I'll have dinner with my parents. That evening, I'm taking my mother to see Wicked (dad didn't want to go).

That's all I have planned. Maybe I'll buy a Blu-Ray player at the after-Christmas sales so I can spend New Year's Eve watching some of the disks I've bought.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#5 User is offline   TikiGoddess 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

View Postdd_indy, on 13 December 2010 - 08:55 PM, said:

Christmas day I'll have dinner with my parents. That evening, I'm taking my mother to see Wicked (dad didn't want to go).

That's all I have planned. Maybe I'll buy a Blu-Ray player at the after-Christmas sales so I can spend New Year's Eve watching some of the disks I've bought.

We host my husband's family on Christmas Eve. It's all about presents for the kids, and food and wine for the adults. Church at 7pm this year, although my husband has to go to the 11pm service because he's in the handbell choir.

Christmas day we're driving to my hometown in NY to see my parents. Since Tim and I are teachers, we have the whole week off. Usually go to the movies... go on a date... keep the kids busy... stuff like that. NYE we go to a friends house -- we've known them for over ten years and have managed to spend just about every NYE together.

My husband always recalls his favorite NYE when he was working at WDW. It was the year his brother came down to visit him and they went drinking around World Showcase. The night was capped off by a live performance of "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang! How fabulous! :D

Kathy

#6 User is offline   April 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Christmas Eve dinner is always at my parents. And this year it looks like we are also doing Christmas Day. As for New Year's if things work out I'll be spending it with my friend in Maryland.

#7 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:25 AM

Hold on to your seats, because here comes a lot of awesome. Christmas Eve and New Years Eve I have big plans... I'm working all day!! Yeah, I do get an extra day of pay, but I'd much prefer the time off.

After work on Christmas Eve we go to my parents' and then we host Christmas Day. Open invite to our place on Christmas for everyone!! :)

The only really exciting plans this year are for New Years Day. Pittsburgh is hosting the NHL Winter Classic and we got tickets!! They're icing over the field at our football stadium and the Penguins are playing the Capitals. It's going to be epic! And cold! And epic cold!!

Oh, and then there's the requisite sipping cocoa with Glenn, but I thought that goes without saying.

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

View PostTikiGoddess, on 14 December 2010 - 06:48 PM, said:

Since Tim and I are teachers, we have the whole week off.

Wait, your husband's name is Tim too? This explains the connection you and Sarah made during Reunion :lol:

#9 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

My son's birthday is 12/23 I will be winding down from all the hoopla
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#10 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

Was originally planning to do Christamas dinner on Christmas Eve and then MK for Christmas Day. Now that I've considered the logistics, I'm thinking we'll need to get there too early (before the phased closing starts) to leave the dog home all day so that may or may not happen.

DHS for New Year's Eve for sure.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#11 User is offline   Michelle M 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

On Christmas Eve, we go to my uncle's house and eat homemade soup and appetizers (cheeseball!) and do Jello shots!!! :lol:

On Christmas, Wesley opens presents at G-ma's house, then my sister's, then Great Grandpa's, and finally another uncle's house :lol:

On NYE, there's trying to stay up, calling my mom and waking her up and dozing off before the ball drops! I know, exciting :rolleyes:

#12 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

View Postsarahzy, on 15 December 2010 - 08:25 AM, said:

The only really exciting plans this year are for New Years Day. Pittsburgh is hosting the NHL Winter Classic and we got tickets!!

Fantastic! Be sure and wave to us all!
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#13 User is offline   TikiGoddess 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 15 December 2010 - 11:50 AM, said:

Wait, your husband's name is Tim too? This explains the connection you and Sarah made during Reunion :lol:

Yup, I have a Tim too. He's the most wonderful guy I could ever have imagined to find. (everyone all together now... AWWWWW...)

How epic would it be if we had me, Sarah, Tim, AND Tim in the same room.

Kathy

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

View PostTikiGoddess, on 18 December 2010 - 07:38 PM, said:

Yup, I have a Tim too. He's the most wonderful guy I could ever have imagined to find. (everyone all together now... AWWWWW...)

How epic would it be if we had me, Sarah, Tim, AND Tim in the same room.

Kathy

I foresee two possibilities. One: coming face-to-face with the two Tims would put them into shock, and they'd simply pass out. Or, two: the encounter could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted that's a worst case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

#15 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:53 PM

Xmas eve: Go to Mall o Amer & go on rides all day. Then go to mass, go to my sisters w/my family, my other siblings(6) & their spouses, parents, nieces & nephews, I cook, they eat, we all open presents & watch Xmas Vacation & A Xmas Story.

Xmas: Host Brunch at Windows on MN, remember I cooked Christmas Eve ;)

New Year's Eve: Fly by the seat of our pants... B)

#16 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 19 December 2010 - 04:56 PM, said:

I foresee two possibilities. One: coming face-to-face with the two Tims would put them into shock, and they'd simply pass out. Or, two: the encounter could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted that's a worst case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

We have to put these theories to the test at Reunion 2011. Or SWW when we get Kathy and Tim2 to hang out with us. :)

#17 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

View Postdd_indy, on 17 December 2010 - 09:21 PM, said:

Fantastic! Be sure and wave to us all!

I'll be in row HH nearest to the top of the stadium, so I'll wave to all of you but you might miss it. ;)

#18 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:15 AM

It's official...I'm going to DHS for NYE, I am so excited!! Hubby doesn't have to work until noon on Jan. 1st so he will join us. Planning on getting to DHS around 5 or 6pm.

#19 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

View Postyulilin, on 20 December 2010 - 09:15 AM, said:

It's official...I'm going to DHS for NYE, I am so excited!! Hubby doesn't have to work until noon on Jan. 1st so he will join us. Planning on getting to DHS around 5 or 6pm.

Take lots of pics, and if you dont mind, send them my way, I'd love to post them on the site.

#20 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 20 December 2010 - 04:01 PM, said:

Take lots of pics, and if you dont mind, send them my way, I'd love to post them on the site.

Will do!!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users