• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

One table service per visit for me

#1 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

I've got plenty of options, but can only make one decision. I don't care where I eat, just as long as there is a decent mix of face and to a lesser degree non-face characters to interact with. There was only one great place that had this, and some "Einstein" had to scrap it and replace it with Playhouse Disney. :roll:

So, what do you got for me? The castle, Norway, the Grand Floridian, or somewhere else that I couldn't think of?
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#2 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:37 AM

Face and Fur combo?

1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

Lunch or dinner with an Imagineer. Certainly not a character meal, but could be very insightful. Just a twist on something different.

#4 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

i recommend Cinderella's Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare in the GF for dinner; cindy and prince charming are fun but Lady Tremaine,
Anastasia, and Drizella really put on a show and you can interact adult-like with them; i had a blast; and imho, the food is perhaps the best character meal chow on property; here are some pics from our dinner there this past august:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

ADP said:

Lunch or dinner with an Imagineer. Certainly not a character meal, but could be very insightful. Just a twist on something different.

I forgot this was an option. This would be great for my next trip.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#6 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

Howie said:

i recommend Cinderella's Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare in the GF for dinner; cindy and prince charming are fun but Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella really put on a show and you can interact adult-like with them; i had a blast; and imho, the food is perhaps the best character meal chow on property

I loved my breakfast at the castle. I had some teenagers with me, but they were there for me. I had the best time. Cinderalla and Snow White were a riot. I would go back, it's just so hard to get reservations. I didn't know about the dinner at the GF. I'm so doing this on my next trip.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#7 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

Howie said:

i recommend Cinderella's Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare in the GF for dinner; cindy and prince charming are fun but Lady Tremaine,
Anastasia, and Drizella really put on a show and you can interact adult-like with them; i had a blast; and imho, the food is perhaps the best character meal chow on property;

In addition to the cut of your jib, and some YouTube influences, I think 1900 Park Fare would make a nice substitute in case I can't make the castle. In fact, I would most likely eat there for dinner anyway.

And now comes the $59 Question: How soon should I make my ADR's? 90 days in advance? 180? Am I too late?
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#8 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

180 booking is history so you should be fine at 90 unless that is too late for you; if you are outside of your 90, i would book it at 90 because it is quite popular;

#9 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

You're staying on property?

I think you can book 90 days from the beginning of your stay... not just 90 days from your desired ADR date.

#10 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:46 AM

YoPaulie said:

You're staying on property?

I think you can book 90 days from the beginning of your stay... not just 90 days from your desired ADR date.

right, i should have been clearer; on the 90th day from your arrival, if you are staying at a wdw resort, you can book your dining ressies for 90 + 10 meaning on your 90th day from arrival you can book all your meals for the first 10 days of your trip;

#11 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

Are you saying that if you stay on property you can make any reservations at 90 days, but if you stay off property you should make them at 180 days?

Does that mean that Disney holds some reservations for resort guests? I haven't even tried to make any reservations anymore. I loved breakfast at the castle but 180 days is just to far in advance for me.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#12 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

queenofthehouse said:

Are you saying that if you stay on property you can make any reservations at 90 days, but if you stay off property you should make them at 180 days?

Does that mean that Disney holds some reservations for resort guests? I haven't even tried to make any reservations anymore. I loved breakfast at the castle but 180 days is just to far in advance for me.

no, its 90 days for everyone except for a couple of places; on site guests can do the 90 + 10; off site is 90days out for each day you want to dine;

#13 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

I called the Disney Info Hotline to confirm the validity of a park hopper, and the lady on the phone asked if I wanted dining reservations. I explained that it wasn't exactly 90 days out, but she said that resort guests can call 10 days prior to the 90 days out for dining reservations, just like you guys said.

I'm calling in 1900 Park Fare on February 20th.

#14 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

ADP said:

I don't use dining plans because I'm a local. Between my AP discounts, DVC discounts and Tables in Wonderland (DDE) discounts I get between 10 & 20% off most places I would eat anyway. Does anyone know if the lunch/dinner with an Imagineer deal available without the DDP package?
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#15 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

HDLady said:

ADP said:

I don't use dining plans because I'm a local. Between my AP discounts, DVC discounts and Tables in Wonderland (DDE) discounts I get between 1- & 20% off most places I would eat anyway. Does anyone know if the lunch/dinner with an Imagineer deal available without the DDP package?

you dont have to be on the DDP for this:

The meals are limited to 8 guests plus an Imagineer (you may be seated with other parties if you have less than 8 people) and last a minimum of 90 minutes. While children are allowed to attend, Disney recommends this experience for guests 14 and older. Guests order from a special limited menu.

There are two options for dining with an Imagineer:

Lunch With an Imagineer - offered at 11:30 am most Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, in the private Bamboo Room at the Brown Derby in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Adult (10 and up) price is $60.99 plus tax and gratuity. Child (ages 3-9) price is $34.99 plus tax and gratuity.

Dinner With an Imagineer - offered at 5:30 pm every other Thursday at Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge. Adult (10 and up) price is $99 ($120 with wine pairings) plus tax and gratuity. Child (ages 3-9) price is $40 plus tax and gratuity.

You can book this experience up to 60 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463). Prepayment is required and will be forfeited if you don't cancel at least 48 hours in advance.

#16 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:30 AM

I've been going to WDW at least 2 or 3 times a year since 1985 and this is the first I've heard of this... DUH...How did I miss this?? It sounds REALLY cool!!! Thanks for the info!!!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#17 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

Yeah... it was between this or the Backstage tour for me... It was a tough decision!

:D

#18 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

ADP said:

wouldn't that depend on the imagineer
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#19 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

I am almost certain that they don't trot out Melvin the Imagineer for this.

#20 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Update: So I woke up this morning and called the Dining Reservation people at Disney to schedule my dinner at 1900 Park Faire, and the lady on the phone (who wasn't feeling any kind of Disney Magic, I might add) told me that it was too soon to call in a reservation. I had explained that I made a call earlier about this and was told that since I was staying on property, I was entitled to an additional 10 days to make the reservation. The Lady on the Phone said this was not the case. I did not know what she said because I was too not-understanding her since one person told me one thing, and this person is telling me another thing.

So what is the actual procedure here?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users