Studios Central: Which Tour Do I Want? - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Tour Do I Want?

Poll: Which Tour? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Tour is the best?

1. Keys To The Kingdom (4 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. UnDiscovered Future World (1 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Migs310 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm heading down to the World in March and I wanted to do a little something different, I want to go one of the tours offered with my parents as a thank you for the trip. We are all Disney fanatics and know everything there is to know, but I want to know more and see more. So I was contemplation between the Keys To The Kingdom and the Undiscovered Future World, both sound like awesome tours and both have their perks. For me I want to see the Utilidors in MK, priory access to some of the rides and the Key pin from the Keys tour, but for the EPCOT tour I want to see how they work on the cars at Test Track, the backstage areas, the Illumination prep area and some of the lounges around the park and of course the pin.

Now for those who have been on the EPCOT tour did you guys get the special viewing area for Illuminations for that night and also did you get to go into the upper level of Imagination, cause I would love to see that. Please let me know everything because I would love to know everything I could before I make my final decision because let's face it, it's a lot of money.

Thanks,

Migs

#2 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well one thing to consider is the timing of your trip. You mentioned seeing the cars @ Test Track. In the not to distant future, Test Track will be closing for a big overhaul and will be down for several months.

Having not done either tour, but having wanted to do both, I think the MK one seems cooler. But don't discount EPCOT's or the new option at Animal Kingdom, the Wild Africa Trek, which lets you get really up close with some of the animals there if you like that.

#3 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

I've done Keys to the Kingdom Tour 2 times and both times I;ve enjoyed it very much. Being a Disney Nerd, which I consider I am, I still learned some new details during the tour. It was interesting to me to see the area where they store the floats from the MK parades and the garbage system behind Splash Mountain. The tour didn;t feel rushed nor did it feel too long. Then you get the rest of the day to walk around MK and appreciate the park in a different way.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#4 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

We did KttK on my husband's 2nd ever Disney trip. He got a lot out of it and so did I on a completely different Disney nerd level. I'd highly recommend that one. My parents took it a few years later and they loved it as well.

#5 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

I've done both Keys to the Kingdom (April 2011) and Undiscovered Future World (October 2008) tours. Both are great tours and both involve a LOT of walking. (Wear comfortable shoes and carry drinking water.)

To answer your specific questions:

On KttK we rode Jungle Cruise (with our tour guide telling us about the attraction rather than getting the standard spiel) and Haunted Mansion. We spent time back stage behind Splash Mountain, seeing the parade float storage area, the destination of the EVACS system and some of the plumbing for Splash Mountain. We toured every inch of the utilidors under Main Street, from Crystal Palace to Town Square. Lunch was at Columbia Harbor House; we were allowed to select from a limited menu.

In Future World, we saw Mission Space (including the HP lounge and the control console that you see in the queue), looked into the Test Track maintenance area and took a ride, visited Imagination (including the upstairs, but I think this was because someone asked to see it) and the 3D glasses facility, rode Soarin' (walked in the back door and sat in row B1, front center), visited costume services and the marina. There's no lunch, but we were offered a discount at one or more of the eateries in China (my memory is a bit fuzzy on this, since I wasn't interested in Chinese food). And yes, we were allowed to see IllumiNations from the roped-off viewing area in Italy.

I really can't recommend one over the other, they're both great. With Test Track going down for refurb in April, that may be the decision point: Do you want to see the old TT or wait for the new one?
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#6 User is offline   MickeyMaz 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

I've done both and without hesitation I would say do the KTTK tour. Both are good as the previous posters have siad, but for the more bang for the buck, KTTK. Lunch, great WDW and Walt Disney stories and Utilidors.

FYI, when I did my Undiscovered Epcot tour and we went to the special Customer Club in the Living Seas. A really great private room that had the tank as one wall.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users