• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NPR: Epic Mickey

#1 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

On my way home from work this came on the radio...yes, I still listen to the radio, what can I say I'm old school. What are your thoughts on Epic Mickey? Will you buy it?

http://minnesota.pub...hp?id=131673370

#2 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

I'm not into gaming but, even if I was, I don't think I would rush out to buy this....
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#3 User is offline   April 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

I was all for the game based on the original concept and artwork. The current watered down version is just eh. Not worth having to go buy the game and a Wii to play it.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'm waiting for the reviews to come in. I'd like to think I'll buy it but we shall see.

#5 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

in a few days my son will be getting this for his birthday. Looks cool
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#6 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

My local Best Buy had Epic Mickey set up in their Wii kiosk. I couldn't control Mickey with the nunchuk's analog stick. I kept falling through the platforms, losing health and getting frustrated. I don't think I want this. And I had such high hopes for this game. :angry: :(
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#7 User is offline   herrmannfan 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

Got this game yesterday for Christmas. Played it an hour or two so far. I wasn't sure what to expect, based on mixed reviews, but I'm enjoying it a lot. The story line seems very wide open--decisions you make lead you unexpectedly out of one quest and into another. I haven't found it difficult to control the character. And it's a lot of fun to see Wasteland so obviously based on Disney park attractions (oblique references to Cinderella Castle, Mad Tea Party, Dumbo, It's a Small World, etc.).

#8 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

I havent tried my hand at it yet, but my 9 year old seems to like it
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#9 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

My 10 year old daughter is loving it. She finds it easy to control and she did tell me tha the Gus character can be a little annoying helping out but that it's fine.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#10 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

So after giving Epic Mickey another chance at Best Buy, I discovered that if I use the Nunchuk in my right hand and the Wiimote in the left, and take my time with the character, I could control Mickey better. The other problem I had was aiming the Wiimote for painting and thinning, but I figured it wasn't connected right to the sensor bar of the store's demo model. I just may need the strategy guide if I do get this.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

It sounds like it's gotten mixed reviews, although fans of the Disney parks (like us) rate it higher

#12 User is offline   herrmannfan 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

Yes, I'm getting a kick out of it. Last night was playing and made it to the "Mean Street" (code for "Main Street, USA") portion. At the end of the street is a familiar-looking statue ... a certain creative genius with a moustache, holding the hand of ... not Mickey but Oswald the Rabbit! If you're not into the parks, those kinds of jokes would be lost on you.

#13 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

Ok now I look forward to my daughter playing the game, she is only allowed 1 hour a day on it, but I find myself bending the rules a little so she can play more. It's fun to discover all the little hidden and not so hidden references to Disney, hearing the different types of music in an eerie way, the look of all the characters and the little movies that come along with each level...To any Disney fan I give it 2 thumbs up!!
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users