Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Artist Point

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:28 AM

I ate at Artist's Point last night for dinner. Basically, the place is an even more expensive version of the Brown Derby. Interesting items on the menu (I had the buffalo steak) and the desserts were quite different than the usual fare.

Thoughts?

#2 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:02 PM

I actually like Artist's Point quite a bit. The food has always been great, it's not as noisy as some of the other upper-tier restaurants, and the service has been very good--and I usually never notice service. Of the 2-credit restaurants, I would put it a little above Yachtsman's Steakhouse, but under California Grill.

The appetizers were particularly good, which makes it sad that the DP cut them.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

I was talking with Len about this today and we really think the price isn't worth it (and we agree no restaurant is worth 2 dining credits...better to pay cash)

#4 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

I agree with that philosophy. Using 2 dining credits would be a waste. I guess if you had them at the end of your trip and needed to use them then it would be ok. Otherwise, use them for another 1 TS credit restaurant.

I've only dined at Artist's Point once a while ago. I remember thinking it was just ok.

#5 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

I haven't eaten there since '98 but I liked it and I am not a game meat fan.
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#6 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

Well I guess the question would be, what constitutes "worth?" If you look at it from a financial point of view, the DP used to be around $35/day/person, which means, if you consider it's also paying for a CS and a snack, you'd probably come out ahead if you ordered a meal that's over $60.

Looking at the AllEars menu, the buffalo steak with an appetizer and dessert would likely come out to around $60, and with tip would probably go over $70, making back all your DP money in 1 meal.

Now, with the revised DP, the figuring would be different. In the past however, I think it was a good deal, particularly if you split the meal between 2 persons.

#7 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:34 AM

We are eating here on our next trip. My friends have eaten here before and said it is one of the best meals they have had on property so I am hoping this time will match up. I love to have a really good meal to start a trip. We are eating there the evening we arrive.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users