• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sith Not So Scary Halloween

#1 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:52 PM

Well, since I can't access the chat for whatever reason, I figure I could start a trip report.

Wednesday, October 10th

Once again we lied to our little girl and told her we were going furniture shopping. We got all the way to the airport parking garage on that one before she got the hint. All of the packing had been in such a way that she just thought we would be away a few days as we also threw in the idea of a Food and Wine Festival for Mom and Dad. --no lie there, just taken out of proper context.

We arrived without incident at WDW around 10pm and just hung out around the Port Orleans Resort.

Thursday, Oct. 11th.

First trip to DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS. My daughter did the site proud by insisting that we go directly to the Tower of Terror for a ride. Who was Daddy to deny his little girl. At 8 she just made me so darn proud as she then said, "after this we can ride Star Tours!" Of course this trip was also made so I could take care of one last costume issue. For Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween. My daughter had chosen the Elizabeth Swan Pirate Costume for this year. My wife was going as a Tortuga Type Wench, and I opted to be Indianna Jones. The problem was I needed that hat to complete the costume.

Now during this visit we stopped at several shops, during which my daughter was grabbed up into a streatmosphere episode. She was named secretary to this very famous director.
Posted Image

So our all to brief visit to the Studios was a very fruitful one. We had to bail out after only a few hours in order to get to the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT and still have time to get some rest before our Not So Scary Halloween experience.

We sampled as much as we possibly could. The food was great! We ate and drank our way around the world. Upon completion we swore that we would return again on Friday to do it all again. Not cheap, but that wasn't going to stop us.

Then it was off to get some rest for the party.

The PARTY.
This was great. We really enjoyed this and felt that it was better than the Pirates and Princess Party we attended earlier in the year.

Now dressing up was really awsome and it proved to be a lot more fun that I would have thought. The Indy costume went over very well. The Picture I have here was taken by a guy who stopped me because of my costume and insisted on taking our picture with my camera so that I could be in it. How cool was that!?!

Of course at one point I came across four CM's who were on grounds detail. As soon as they saw me they broke out singing loudly... Da DADADA Da Da Da DA DADADA Da DA DA DA DA!!!!! It was really funny to see all of the different reactions to the costume and how many people seemed to really like the idea. Those four CM's really put a smile on my face though, and I got a great laugh out of it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*****Excuse me I have to go try and win one of these T'Shirts from Matt's site Party since I can't get into the chat!**********

Ha.... I sensed and opportunity! :twisted: ********

:fett: Sucess.

Another thing I loved about the Halloween Party was the decor. The Magic Kingdom just looks awsome during this event. Between the Characters and the buildings there is a lot to look at and enjoy.
Posted Image

Anyway, I think I'm going to stop here. I will come back in a day or two and finish this up, but have to go out of town in the AM.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

GREAT costumes! Thanks for posting the photos. I'm now excited for Not-So-Scary next week (my costume came in the mail today). Looking forward to the rest of your report Colin.

And congrats on the shirt win!

#3 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

Great pics, DL, and congrats on winning the t-shirt. You make a great Indy. Maybe you should change from Dark Lord of the Sith to an Indiana Jones themed screen name, even though IndyandMarion beat you too it.

So, did you like the Citizens of Hollywood almost as much as I did?
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#4 User is offline   biblio 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:44 PM

Great costumes!

Is that Toht looking over your right shoulder in the third picture? I think he is still mad about being melted at the end of Raiders!

#5 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:25 PM

Great costume! That costume looks great on you Colin! I'm glad you had a great trip! The halloween party always is a lot of fun!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users