• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's your favorite on site resort?

#1 User is offline   Doctor Seeker 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Many

Posted 22 February 2004 - 10:35 PM

I love getting the opportunity to stay at different resorts each time I'm there. The problem is I tend to fall in love with places and don't want to stay anywhere else. My favorite is Port Orleans Riverside (the old Dixie Landings Resort.) I love the bamboo cane fishing hole, the boat transportation to Downtown Disney, and Boatwright's restaurant. It is so quiet in the Alligator Bayou section. It is like staying out in the woods without being too far out. The rooms are nice size and the buildings seem more small and cozy than they actually are. I was wondering what everyone else’s favorite was and why.

#2 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:46 PM

Doctor Seeker said:

My favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. It is so quiet in the Alligator Bayou section.

Of places I have stayed this is at the top. I did get the gator bayou and really enjoyed it.

Each resort I have stayed at has good and bad things. I still am waiting for my first visit to Wildernesss Lodge.

#3 User is offline   wishingtree 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, music and sports(especially hockey)

Posted 23 February 2004 - 12:11 PM

Definately the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The theming of the hotel is fantastic and it compliments the Animal Kingdom park. I like Riverside too. It's by far the best of the moderates.
Jim

"Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic!!!"

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 February 2004 - 12:59 PM

Never stayed onsite so no opinion here :D

#5 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:29 PM

's b/c you're too cheap :D

My favorite is Grand Floridian.
I got a room there one year as a birthday present from my parents.
The rooms are gorgeous, and very spacious. The atmosphere is a very relaxing and romantic one, and the spa is absolutely to die for. The restaurant there, Narcoossee's, has the best food I've ever tasted. And it's really convient if you wanna go to MK or Epcot b/c of the monorail line.
*Leslie Ivette*

#6 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:47 PM

I have a couple of favorites. My first favorite resort was Dixie Landings, I really dug the place so I can't call it that other name. :D Dixie Landings had a real peaceful quality to it that appealed to me after being busy doing stuff all day at the parks, taking walks around that place in the evenings was really relaxing.

My new favorite is the Polynesian resort. All the cast members saying "Aloha" everytime you see them and the resort being right on the Monorail line really appealed to me. Also, the Island tropic setting of the resort is really cool as well.
-Josh

#7 User is offline   Doctor Seeker 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Many

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:06 AM

I will say that the Polynesian and Fort Wilderness Resorts have some very cool nighttime shows. The Luau is fun and there is nothing better than the Hoop de do Revue. Where else do you get to sing about your dessert without people pointing and laughing. :joker:

#8 User is offline   suziebabe 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:30 PM

Because we are Disney Vacation Club members I am gonna have to say my fav on site accomodation place is Old Key West -
our very own "Home Away From Home". It may be the oldest resort, but we love it.

Other on site resorts we have stopped at are Carribean and All Stars, all the Disney sites are fab, but the one I would love to stay at is the Grand Floridian. I can highly recommend their spa! :)

We are counting down the days until our next visit (July 18th) when we will be stepping into our home away from home once more. :) 8) :D

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:42 PM

suziebabe said:

We are counting down the days until our next visit (July 18th) when we will be stepping into our home away from home once more. :) 8) :D

No secret, but I'm jealous :)

#10 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 22 May 2004 - 09:59 PM

The only one I have stayed at is the wilderness lodge so I will have to say that.

#11 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:06 PM

TheTowerOfTerrorRules said:

The only one I have stayed at is the wilderness lodge so I will have to say that.

Lucky you.

#12 User is offline   Franniepoppins 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:My Family, Disney, Gardening, Pixie Dust

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:57 PM

I have stayed at several on site resorts. It is tough to pick a favorite, because each has its own flavor.

All Star Movies was real magic! Every moment there was fun, the cast members were the best, the food court was great! I have to say that my best cast member interaction was at that resort. They were so super friendly and helpful.

Old Key West holds a special place in my heart. It was a big splurge for us, a one bedroom villa. My husband was going in for surgery just after the trip. It was real special family time. We stayed in the Turtle Pond area, had a corner room, and just loved it there.

The Boardwalk Villas was our first Disney experience. I really loved it there. I remember that we walked out on the balcony from the front desk area, and looked out over the Boardwalk when we first arrived. That was the first Disney I ever saw!! Man oh man, I smiled so much on that trip.

Dixie Landings....now Port Orleans Riverside is where we spent a vacation for our anniversary. We stayed in parterre Place, and loved it. We stayed there a couple of more times, too. I loved the boat ride to Downtown Disney, and the beauty of the grounds there.

Wilderness Lodge is the last one we stayed at. That trip was just deelish! We met up with friends from Our Laughing Place.com, and had such a magical time.

We have stayed off site a couple of times, too. Quickgold, it really is better on-site, really, really it is. :wink:

I guess for me once I am on-site, and if I know I don't have to leave Disney property at all, it's all my favorite!

Francine

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:00 PM

Franniepoppins said:

We have stayed off site a couple of times, too. Quickgold, it really is better on-site, really, really it is. :wink:

Hey, if I could afford it, I'd stay onsite but alas, I'm stuck offsite until further notice :roll:

#14 User is offline   Franniepoppins 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:My Family, Disney, Gardening, Pixie Dust

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:08 PM

QuickGold said:

Franniepoppins said:

Hey, if I could afford it, I'd stay onsite but alas, I'm stuck offsite until further notice :roll:

Hey off site is a lot better then not being at WDW at all! When we stayed off site we used Priceline, and got pretty good deals.

Francine

#15 User is offline   mandabella 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, musicals, and jewelry

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:18 PM

QuickGold said:

Franniepoppins said:

I was afraid this may happen to me, so we bought into DVC when we had the money. Since I've only stayed at the All Star Music & Boardwalk Villas, my favorite is the BWV. I love the location! It's an easy walk to Epcot or boat ride to MGM/Epcot. :-) One of these days I may venture off into another DVC resort one trip, but we are quite content with the BWV....plus I'm very anal in trip planning and like booking 11 months out.

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:13 PM

My parents allready bought into an offsite timeshare so one is enough for them :)

#17 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 02 June 2004 - 09:16 AM

QuickGold said:

My parents allready bought into an offsite timeshare so one is enough for them :)

You couldn't talk them into a Disney one? You are a Disneyfanatic you can do better than that.

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:02 PM

trendymagic said:

QuickGold said:

You couldn't talk them into a Disney one? You are a Disneyfanatic you can do better than that.

I tried, but offsite isn't as bad as some of you think

#19 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 02 June 2004 - 01:20 PM

QuickGold said:

I have had to stay off-site a few times when Dis was full.

#20 User is offline   mandabella 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, musicals, and jewelry

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:20 PM

QuickGold said:

trendymagic said:

QuickGold said:

Like Francine said, offsite is better than no Disney at all! I'm doing offsite for DL next month. The cost for one of the three onsite hotels was just too much money for a "relatively" last minute trip idea. At WDW, I've always stayed onsite....so I'm a bit nervous being offsite for CA. I'm so used to being "fully immersed" in the Disney magic when on a Disney vacation.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users