Studios Central: Best counter service - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best counter service

#1 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

QuickGold said:

MickeyMaz said:

Now what? Start cycling through the Counter Services?
To a degree, yes. I tend to eat at the CS locations a little more often but there are some I need to go try again to see if anything has changed.

I gotta tell ya I am not thrilled by the DHS CS options myself
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

MJMcBride said:

Aside from Epcot, which other park has better CS options? MK is by far the worst for dining (CS or TS for that matter) and I would rate AK at about the same level (certainly no better) than DHS.

#3 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

QuickGold said:

MJMcBride said:

Aside from Epcot, which other park has better CS options? MK is by far the worst for dining (CS or TS for that matter) and I would rate AK at about the same level (certainly no better) than DHS.

really? I find DAK to be far superior to DHS along with Epcot. To me, both Flame Tree BBQ and Pizzafari are superior to any offering at DHS. I would put the Magic Kingdom ahead of it as well. I like Pecos Bill and the Columbia House. I find Cosmic Rays to be fun
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#4 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

I agree with MJ. Flame Tree and Pizzafari are great.
I would rank AK ahead of DHS in CS

#5 User is offline   MickeyMaz 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

Now don’t write off the Magic Kingdom too quickly. I have a bunch of favorite CS’s in there. Right off the bat, Casey’s and Pecos Bills. Casey’s has the best Dogs/fries/chilli on property. I’ve heard the issue with a $5 Hotdog, but I was at the Phillies game last night and paid $4 something for a hot dog that was just plain ugly. Never happened to me at Caseys. And Pecos Bills has great Burgers and a greater Taco Salads. I’ve had them at other places, but for some reason they seem to taste better at Bills. For a bigger meal we’ll hit Cosmic Rays. Granted, Cosmic Rays ordering routine is a bit odd, different counter for different kind of food, but the choices are great. The Half Chicken platter is a large amount of food for about the same price as a sandwich.
I agree that MGM is a little light in the good CS choices. We had two CS meals on our last trip. Pizza Planet and the area down near TT and RNR. None of the other CS places really inspired us to go find them from the menu choices.

#6 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

I also think MK has the worst CS options. There doesn't seem to be enough variety. Plus, most of the places get very crowded.

I love Pizzafari. There is always plenty of room and the food isn't bad either. And Flame Tree has some very tasty dishes as well.

The thing I enjoy about the CS options at DHS is the variety of foods. The southwest salad at the Backlot Express is quite tasty. (And remember, Matt- those are plantains, not chicken!) :evil:

Epcot is almost not a fair comparison, with the World Showcase offerings.

If we separate WS from FW at Epcot, here is how I would rank the CS options:
1. Epcot - WS
2. DAK
3. DHS
4. MK
5. Epcot - FW
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

"Universal is like Wal-Mart with roller coasters."
- Buzz Ardman to Paige Turner, 11/1/08

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

Eric brings up a great point that Epcot's Future World offerings stink.

I also like Caseys and Pecos Bills but the variety of food at MK is what's very limited. It's hard to even count El Pirata y El Perico or the Tomorrowland Terrace since they're both open so infrequently.

#8 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

QuickGold said:

Eric brings up a great point that Epcot's Future World offerings stink.

Fairly true, but the Sunshine Seasons at the Land is better than anything at DHS
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#9 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:13 PM

Ok that is twice I have to agree with MJ :-)

And for healthier options Sunshine Seasons would be up near the top of the list.

#10 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

I do like Sunshine seasons a lot. Probably my favorite CS at EPCOT. I think EPCOT has the best CS of all 4 parks. DHS, AK, and MK are pretty equal in my opinion. I wish AK had a few more options though. When the Tusker House went to TS AK lost a good CS. Replacing it with Yak & Yeti CS was not a fair trade.

At DHS the Backlot Express is the best and the ABC Commisary has become much better over the years. A much better food selection. There was a time when I really liked the Studios Catering Co. Now, it's just ok.

#11 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

ADP said:

I do like Sunshine seasons a lot. Probably my favorite CS at EPCOT. I think EPCOT has the best CS of all 4 parks. DHS, AK, and MK are pretty equal in my opinion. I wish AK had a few more options though. When the Tusker House went to TS AK lost a good CS. Replacing it with Yak & Yeti CS was not a fair trade.

At DHS the Backlot Express is the best and the ABC Commisary has become much better over the years. A much better food selection. There was a time when I really liked the Studios Catering Co. Now, it's just ok.

I must say I was disappointed with the Backlot Express this May
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#12 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

Ok. This is scary. I am agreeing with MJ again. This makes three times in one day :-)

I'll have to give Backlot Express another try, but I found that my worst CS meal during that whole week.

#13 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

Ken In Atlanta said:

Ok. This is scary. I am agreeing with MJ again. This makes three times in one day :-)

I'll have to give Backlot Express another try, but I found that my worst CS meal during that whole week.

Try the southwest salad - healthy and tasty!
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

"Universal is like Wal-Mart with roller coasters."
- Buzz Ardman to Paige Turner, 11/1/08

#14 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

Eric said:

Ken In Atlanta said:

I'll have to try that. I some turkey sandwich thing with roasted peppers.

#15 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

Oddly enough, the two CS restaurants that used to be my favorites were the Sunshine Seasons and whatever the Flatbread place used to be called when it actually had flatbreads. Both of those places I felt got relatively ruined for me by the removal of pretty much all my favorite things from the menus.

#16 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

Eric said:

it was OK, but I don't like plantains
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#17 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

Jeanine said:

Oddly enough, the two CS restaurants that used to be my favorites were the Sunshine Seasons and whatever the Flatbread place used to be called when it actually had flatbreads. Both of those places I felt got relatively ruined for me by the removal of pretty much all my favorite things from the menus.

yeah, that would do it

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users