Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

January 22nd through the 29th

#1 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

Alright so this is my first shot at writing a trip report so bare with me. Pictures will be included later when I can get my wife's camera. Me and Krista (my wife) decided that since we loved being at Disney so much for our honeymoon last year that it would be a great place for our first anniversary as well. So we booked the buy 4 get 3 deal and finally the big day got here and we headed on down to the world.

We got to the All-Star Music resort around 4:30 and got our room. I had requested any building but Country Pride, so guess where we ended up......Country Pride. They said they were booked up because of touring groups in the other areas and that it was the quietest they could give us, so we decided that we would just deal with it. We got to our room and we had a towel mickey on the first bed. It took a second to dawn on me that there were two doubles and not one king like I requested and when I called I was told that like before all the king-sized beds were taken up for the week. Not a great start, but it was a start.

We dumped our suitcases in the room and headed immediately for the Magic Kingdom. We were going for the sole intent of seeing the parade and decided the faster we found a spot, the better. The guards were gone from the toll booths by 5:00 and so we parked near the front and took the monorail to the front.

The spot I had picked out for the parade was at Sleepy Hollow where we enjoyed a funnel cake and a lemonade. I do have to say that the seats we had were marvelous. The perfect view of the floats coming over the bridge. After the parade was over, we ran to Pirates so that we could at least ride one attraction before everything closed for the fireworks. We were the only ones on our boat which is a great way to enjoy this attraction, like your the only ones seeing it. We finished up the evening by walking around the park, enjoying the fireworks on our stroll through the nearly empty back part of the park. We eventually made it back to Main Street and did a little browsing in the shops before joining the wave of people still leaving MK.

The line for the monorail was crazy so we headed for the boat. The trip over was very nice and relaxing even though it really cold. We ended our night by going to the Music dining hall and ate our meal. One thing I will say is that I bought a refillable mug and towards the end of the trip I found myself just going by the dining room to make sure I got my money's worth. So not sure if I would do that again. I thought I would get through more tonight, but apparently not, so I'll just post this for now and get to more later.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

Nice first trip report Rob!

#3 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

Agree! Nice job!

Never stayed at Music myself... always stayed at Movies. I found the refillable mugs ONLY worth it if you grab coffee early each morning... while the womenfolk get ready.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#4 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Yikes, I need to get back to this. Stupid work taking up too much time haha.

#5 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

I'm enjoying the read. Thanks Rob!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users