Studios Central: What I liked and Disliked this year from SWW 2008 - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What I liked and Disliked this year from SWW 2008

#21 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

Unfortunately, you are also one of my biggest pet peeves--the people who sleep overnight. I personally find it completely unfair and I believe that it shouldn't be allowed. Everyone should have the same chance to get a fastpass, sleeping overnight is not a fair chance.

I'd never stayed overnight before. This was a chance to do something different and see if it was worth it. Either for the result or just for the mad fun aspect.

For me, it wasn't worth it. It was some fun, but I probably won't ever do it again. However, I probably will continue to get there early. At least for the more popular celebrity. That's worked very well. Last year I got to the Studios at 5:45am for Ray Park. And I had a time early in the second session. I actually prefer the second session because it leaves the mornings free for character photos before it becomes absolutely unbearably hot.

I imagine that they're probably going to stick with the lines because there's less chance of injury than when they let everybody run down the street. One way to see if they're looking to change things is to see what happens at Super Soap Weekends.

#22 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

However, and I forgot about this until just now, there is something to write in for that would allow more individuals to get celebrity autographs.

Currently, after you have gotten one celebrity fastpass, you can go to the back of another line - or the same celebrity line, technically - and get another fastpass for the same day and so on until they run out.

Whether or not to allow this has been discussed before. And the 1st weekend you weren't supposed to - but they didn't really tell everybody - it didn't affect me one way or the other. But by the 2nd weekend, they were saying that for this year, you could go to the end of another line to see if you could get another fastpass. Implying that there might be a change in the works.

I doubt that it would be much work for Disney to set the machines for one celebrity autograph fastpass per admission ticket per day. And that is something that would allow more people to play on any given day. And it would definitely benefit people who couldn't get to the park early.

#23 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

To my knowledge and I could be wrong, they don't allow you to get in the same line again. You could get in one of the other lines which are usually shorter. In my opinion it doesn't really hurt to get in the other lines AFTER you've gotten what you originally came for. By the time you've gotten your original fastpass everyone else already got what they wanted in the other lines.
For the David/Peter weekend I ended up getting in Peter's line after missing out for David. I ended up in the 3rd session. I didn't plan on getting Peter's (since I've gotten his several times in the past), but I didn't want to leave empty handed.

For Ray Park, my brother and I had gotten to the park by around 7:30AM and got 3rd session or possibly a standby (I can't remember). We did end up getting an autograph so that's all I cared about. Ray actually saw me standing nearby at one point and smiled since I was wearing a Darth Maul shirt.

If I get an autograph I don't mind so much, but when you get a celebrity that doesn't sign fast enough or the line is soooooo big, that's a little hard to take. It feels like "why'd I bother to get up early?", you know.

I doubt that it would be much work for Disney to set the machines for one celebrity autograph fastpass per admission ticket per day.

I thought I had heard that's how it was set up on the 1st Friday. :?
Kim
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

To my knowledge and I could be wrong, they don't allow you to get in the same line again. You could get in one of the other lines which are usually shorter. In my opinion it doesn't really hurt to get in the other lines AFTER you've gotten what you originally came for. By the time you've gotten your original fastpass everyone else already got what they wanted in the other lines.

What we were told the second weekend was to make sure we got to the end of whatever line we were going to. I'm so naive that it didn't occur to me that people would do anything else. :shock:

I thought I had heard that's how it was set up on the 1st Friday. :?

That's entirely possible. I was in the merchandise line. I thought that 7am would be early enough for merchandise (it was :) ), so I took the bus and I didn't know that they were taking people in early, early. So I got to security and the little voice in my head when off "they're going in, they're going in". Oh, well, it was just fine. I have become attached to getting the big framed pin set and they don't make very many of them. But when I got to the case, there was still one in the case so I thought "oh, this will be fine." And it was.

And wasn't Ray Park delightful? I'm glad he's working and all but I really wished he could have been at the weekends. Well, there's always next year. :) Maybe he'll have just finished filming and have a weekend off that he'd love to spend with us. :wink:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users