Studios Central: Person Found Unconscious On Hulk Roller Coaster - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Person Found Unconscious On Hulk Roller Coaster

#1 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 23 September 2003 - 04:36 PM

Though not Disney, IOA seems to have had a problem today. This does not seem as bad as the DisneyLand accident though. Seems to be a pre-existing condition of the rider. It is reasons like this that they have those warnings... if you have a history of....

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A 35-year-old woman from Jensen Beach, Florida was found unconscious in her seat after riding the Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal Orlando Tuesday.

The woman was taken to a nearby hospital, said Tom Schroder, a spokesman for Universal Orlando. Her condition wasn't known.

The ride, which drops passengers into loops from more than 100 feet up, was shut down and was being inspected.

"The ride came to a stop and the others disembarked but she remained in the ride. She had no pulse," said Deputy Chief Kathy Miller of the Orlando Fire Department.

Miller said the woman's family told officials the woman had complained about jaw pain earlier in the day.

"Some times cardiac pain can radiate to the jaw," Miller said

#2 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:51 PM

The Hulk is indeed an intense ride. I remember the first time I rode The Incredible Hulk Coaster with my dad. He really likes roller coasters so he went on this one. After the ride was over, his face and chest was as red as a fire engine. The ride attendants helped him off the coaster, of course, where he soon caught his breath. It was kind of scary at the moment, but now he and I laugh about it because he is an old man. :)
-Josh

#3 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 23 September 2003 - 08:03 PM

My fav place on this one is on or near the front. I can shake you up a bit. Glad your dad was ok.

#4 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 24 September 2003 - 06:22 PM

IOA seems ok. NOT AS GOOD AS DISNEY THOUGH!!!!

#5 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 24 September 2003 - 09:12 PM

IOA is definately a great park. I really enjoyed my day there when I was there a few years ago. Unfortunately, the park hasn't changed much since I was there and the crowds are starting to diminish slowly because of the lack of new attractions.
-Josh

#6 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 24 September 2003 - 09:38 PM

The area I really enjoy at IOA is Jurassic Park. Disney sadly doesn't have anything like it. Overall Disney is my choice of course. :-D

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 24 September 2003 - 11:09 PM

I havent been to Universal in years.....once I got hooked on Disney, I haven't had the desire to bring myself to go there.

#8 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:11 AM

QuickGold said:

I havent been to Universal in years.....once I got hooked on Disney, I haven't had the desire to bring myself to go there.

I was at IOA/Universal about this time last year. I enjoy going to realize how much I like Disney better. You can do both parks in a day this time a year. At Disney you can always be doing somehting different and new. (and Disney is much cleaner)

#9 User is offline   BDANtheman29 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Riding the RnR over and over again!

Posted 29 October 2003 - 10:23 PM

The difference between parks like Six Flags and Universal is that they lack the luster and "magic" of Disney. Everything is done very cheaply, where Disney spares virtually no expense. I remember Riddler's Revenge at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Yes, the stand-up steel coaster was great, but the queue was a sad attempt to mock Disney. Everything was cheap, and the music became very irritating after 5 minutes. I was worried about Eisner destroying the magic, but when I saw Mission: Space, I realized that they aren't losing the magic, in fact, they really went to town with that one. Sure the line was long, but there was so much to look at. It was even educational and fun at some points. For example, I learned that the tires for the lunar rover are actually hollow and contain many regions of permeability for rocks to pass through. Disney, great job!

:joker: Brendan :joker:

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 October 2003 - 10:57 PM

Yea, I've seen Six Flags attempt at theming with their Batman rides. It's a good start, but no where near Disney.

#11 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 30 October 2003 - 12:15 AM

When my boyfriend and I got to Universal and IoA (we're both passholders there) we both compare the parks to Disney and how they will never be as good, and we both say how we're glad we work for Disney and not Universal :)

#12 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 30 October 2003 - 12:22 AM

Places like Six Flags and Cedar Point aren't trying too hard to impress people with the theming in the parks. It's usually just about the rides and coasters at those places. At Disney-owned parks, they realize to stand out from those other gates they must have their guests totally immersed in the park by using theming very effectively. Universal Studios Florida isn't trying to hide what it actually is too hard with theming, which is a working movie studios which has a movie ride-based theme park next door. Islands of Adventure is themed very much in the style that Disney would theme their parks though. All the "Islands" in IoA are themed very well and Universal certainly deserves some credit for the theming in that park.
-Josh

#13 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 30 October 2003 - 12:32 AM

In regards of IoAs theming, yes it is pretty good. But in the areas of being clean, being friendly, and those things, they are very much lacking.

#14 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 30 October 2003 - 09:42 AM

Universal did do a better job when they did IOA compared to their other parks. But the clean factor and the staff friendlyness factor are not as high as Disney.

#15 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 30 October 2003 - 09:48 AM

Really, the only park that can compete with Disney when it comes to cleaniness is HersheyPark in PA. We went there in August, and it definitely gives Disney a run for it's money in that area.
*Leslie Ivette*

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 October 2003 - 03:12 PM

DisneyFreak1228 said:

Really, the only park that can compete with Disney when it comes to cleaniness is HersheyPark in PA.

Maybe because a fraction of the people go to that park, compared to WDW/USF

#17 User is offline   BDANtheman29 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Riding the RnR over and over again!

Posted 31 October 2003 - 07:21 AM

I am not far from Hershey, PA, and the community is rather small. It is almost exactly between Philadelphia, PA and Pittsburgh, PA. Though, they just can't attract the same crowds as central Florida is the theme park capital of the world.

:joker: Brendan :joker:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users