Studios Central: A "dream" come true! - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A "dream" come true!

#1 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:45 AM

yes I know I'm a local, so I don't get to write trip reports often because normally, they are just pretty... normal. However, yesterday I had one of the best days at Disney in a long time (besides the DWT family reunion of course)!

I finished my final exams on Tuesday night at 8pm. I had made plans last week to leave campus and go to Disney on Wednesday and Thursday during the day to celebrate being free from exams. Then I'd return to campus, take care of all my RA duties and leave on Saturday back to Celebration to finish my Christmas shopping before returning home.

I have a disney group who takes trips into the park about once a month. My fiancee, Alan, and I left at 9am and after stopping to get breakfast, we returned to Celebration to wait for Amy & Brent our two friends who were going to meet us at Celebration and then go into the parks.

They arrive, and we head into Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom seems oddly crowded in the parking lot, but we didn't end up waiting very long at all for anything. We road the safari and saw a baby giraffee and 2 baby elephants. However, the "warden" wasn't radioing in at all, so the whole "let's save little red" thing was kinda lost. We then walked over toward Asia and went on Everest on the way over, then on Dinosaur, and then Primevil Whirl. Then we were hungry so we decided to go back to the Tuskar House to get lunch and to visit the Bar over there. So we get our lunch and our drinks, and we decide we want to monorail hop to all the hotels and get a drink at all of them, then go into the magic kingdom.

After lunch, we leave and decide to start at the Contemporary, so we ride the monorail around and spend time at the "Outer Rim." We ordered our drinks (mine was a blue glow-tini, which is EXCELLENT!) and we talked with our waitress some, who told us about the "Cocktail Trail" which is what we were apparently doing.

We then looked around the stores and then we moved on to the Polynesian. We went to the Polynesian and decided to hang out by the bar at the pool. We sat by the pool and enjoyed our drinks (I had a Pina CoLava, a Pina Colada with Raspberry in it!), and I played in the sand where ALan proposed to me, drawing a big heart, and writing our names in it.

After the Polynesian, we headed to the Grand Floridian. After looking at the Gingerbread house and the tree, we decided to go to Narcoossee's. So once we found our way out there (after getting a tad lost in the process), we enjoy our drinks after talking with the bartender. I don't really drink, so by this time I was feeling it since I was starving. I ordered a fuzzy navel to complete the cocktail trail. My friends were all enjoying their drinks, so I paid the tab for Alan and I and I decided to go get some air.

I leave Narcoossee's and Alan follows me to make sure I'm okay. The air makes me feel 100% better. As we are walking away from Narcoossee's, two "skippers" from the marina start talking to us. Here is an outline of the conversation, more or less...

Skipper 1: "Hey, how you guys doing?"

Me: "Good. How are you?"

Skipper 2: "Great. How would you like to take a cruise to watch wishes?"

Alan: "Uhm, sure?"

Me: "Free?"

Skipper 1: "Of course! They ordered too many boats tonight, so we have to find people to take out on our cruises, otherwise we don't get paid. You'd really be doing us a favor."

Me: "We have two more friends, can they join us?"

Skipper 2: "Definitely!"

They then tell us to meet them at the dock at 7:40, and we will take our boat out from there. We thank them and run off to find our friends. They then thank me for not feeling well because I was at the right moment at the right time!

So we go to gasparilla to get some food, because we realize we don't have time to make it into the Magic Kingdom and back since it was 7pm. As we eat our food, we were offered by another "skipper" another cruise. We go down to the dock at 7:40, and our skipper is waiting there for us.

We get on our boat (one of the family ones you can rent that normally cost around 60 bucks I think), and our skipper starts apologizing because they didn't have enough food ordered, so he only had 4 sodas for us and two sandwiches, and we take off.

Basically we get to drive around the lagoon and the islands until we have to go "line up" for the fireworks. So we are driving around talking to our skipper and I was taking pictures of random things from the water. Our skipper told us that Discovery Island was really grown over, and they just finished tearing the docks up about 3 months ago. However, it looks like nothing had ever been there, since all the buildings are overgrown and everything.

So at 7:55, we line up with the 4 other boats that are out there. One of the boats next to us has speakers, and you can hear it from the Magic Kingdom, so we got to watch Wishes from the Lagoon! I was definitely glad I brought a sweatshirt! Even though this wasn't exactly a real "dream" for year of a million dreams, it was one that I have been wanting to do for years, but couldn't justify paying a couple hundred bucks to do it!

I took some pictures, and I have a picture of us in the boat, that I'll post once I upload them!

So my advice is, if you ever have some free time to kill at Disney, hang out at the Grand Floridian, and see if someone will ask you if you want to take a free cruise!

(And the other skipper who was looking for one, I saw 3 families turn him down!)
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:34 PM

Great story, thanks for sharing!

#3 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:59 PM

Great report! I'll have to keep that in mind next time we go. We've done the Illuminations cruise a few times and love it! (I think they are about $150 now) Haven't made it to the Wishes one yet but we've been wanting to do it.

And you had 2 of my fave drinks LOL I'm normally a beer drinker but something about vacations bring out the Glow-tini & Pina Colava girl in me :D

#4 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:07 PM

Yes. It was amusing. I love the Glow-Tini's that they introduced this year...
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#5 User is offline   FRD714 

• Here We Go! 5..4..3..2...

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:11 PM

Thats awesome!
Frank
"We'd like to dedicate this to our friends out there in that superstretch limo...."

#6 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:53 PM

You will find that this Sith Lord is very ENVIOUS! It really sounds like you had a great time. Good for you!!! 8)
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#7 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:16 PM

The Dark Lord of the Sith said:

You will find that this Sith Lord is very ENVIOUS! It really sounds like you had a great time. Good for you!!! 8)

Next time your around, go hang out at Gasparilla at the Grand Floridian about an hour before fireworks, and maybe you'll get lucky!

Thanks!
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#8 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:15 PM

Great story! I'll be trying to find a free ride on my trip in February!
-Josh

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users