Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

cyberdude's SWW Report

#1 User is offline   cyberdude 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:59 PM

I was at this weekend Disney Star Wars Weekend. It was great, but most attractions were the same as last years. I still enjoyed the time there all but the autogrph session with Jake Lloyd. That was the hardest to get and has been for a while since he doesn't sign much. I waited in line for over 40 minutes when they said only 25 standby passes left and they specified a place were the 25 will end and I happen to left out so I walked away from the line as they opened the barracdes for those to leave. Even so, I watch for a while and there was more than 30 people who were in back of me that did get a standby pass. I went over and talk (mentioned that I was upset) to a guy who looked like he was in charge (will not mention his name) and he didn't even acknowledge me though he did listen for a minute and than just walked away. I went over one last time and just mention to him that all 30 did get the pass and he just ignored me. He never apologized or anything. This guy was total rude. Yeah he upset me and especially my kids as this would have been their first autograph. I ended up spending more money(hotel and meals) by staying an extra day.

I did however get Jakes signature the next day and so did my girls. They are very happy about this.

Just to let evertone know while I was there most item were selling like hot cakes.

Jedi Mickey Plush Arrived on Saturday afternoon and by Sunday Late Morning was soldout. I don't know if that is totally true, but thats what I was told. Seems like the Jumbo pin soldout on Friday, thanks to my brother who went on Friday I got one. Coins were selling pretty good Sunday they still had a few. That Weeks pin limited to 750 pcs from what I saw soldout Sunday Morning also. The logo pin was selling fast also. What really surprised me was the Coin set which was taking in a heft price was selling fast.

If anybody has any question about items that were available and I could help just post it here.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:02 PM

Welcome to the site cyberdude!

Thanks for the report...I'm going to move this post to the trip reports. Did you take any pictures? I'd love to see them.

Also, any neat gifts out there that struck your eye? How were lines for non-SWW attractios?

#3 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:56 AM

Welcome cyberdude :lol:

cyberdude said:

Jedi Mickey Plush Arrived on Saturday afternoon and by Sunday Late Morning was soldout. I don't know if that is totally true, but thats what I was told. Seems like the Jumbo pin soldout on Friday, thanks to my brother who went on Friday I got one. Coins were selling pretty good Sunday they still had a few. That Weeks pin limited to 750 pcs from what I saw soldout Sunday Morning also. The logo pin was selling fast also. What really surprised me was the Coin set which was taking in a heft price was selling fast.

As for the stuff selling out on those days, that's pretty accurate. I worked it Sunday afternoon.

QuickGold said:

How were lines for non-SWW attractios?

Non existant ;)

#4 User is offline   cyberdude 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:18 AM

QuickGold said:

Welcome to the site cyberdude!

Thanks for the report...I'm going to move this post to the trip reports. Did you take any pictures? I'd love to see them.

Also, any neat gifts out there that struck your eye? How were lines for non-SWW attractios?

First I'd like to say hello and this is not my first post here, but it seems that my username and password I couldn't remember.

The kids took a few pictures, but nothing of any real interest. I will make it a point to take pictures this weekend.

As for the gifts out there I was there mostly for the Star Wars stuff. I really like the neat design that Randy did this year. The Logo Pin in my opinion is the best as it has Mickey and Minie raised on the pin.

The Lines were pretty good about a 5min wait on most rides or shows. The one that was very long were Tower of Terror and Rock and roll coaster. those had a wait time of 45 to 60 minute.

#5 User is offline   cyberdude 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:23 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

Welcome cyberdude :lol:

As for the stuff selling out on those days, that's pretty accurate. I worked it Sunday afternoon.

QuickGold said:

How were lines for non-SWW attractios?

Non existant ;)

Hey DisneyPrincess,

Thanks...

As for the item Jedi Mickey Plush, I just found out that they only put out a few and would be selling more next weekend. They look really cool. A couple of my friends ask if I could get 1 or 2 for them so I hope they have them up there when I go. I'll only be up there for Saturday this weekend only and I hope I could get this weekends coin plus maybe a coin set.

Thanks

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:32 PM

cyberdude said:

The kids took a few pictures, but nothing of any real interest. I will make it a point to take pictures this weekend.

I take it you're a local? Or just enjoy flying down to Florida? :lol:

#7 User is offline   cyberdude 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:52 PM

QuickGold said:

I take it you're a local? Or just enjoy flying down to Florida? :P

Flying nope, I do that for the out of state conventions for star wars or toys. I love toys... I live about 200 plus miles away or 4hours away.

#8 User is offline   DarthShader 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:muscle cars, star wars, martial arts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:15 PM

My sources tell me that there will be Jedi Mickeys available each weekend. If you look on the tag, there is nothing marking it a limited edition. (Which means probably more than the 3000 that SW.Com reported) Don't waste time if you want one, try to buy them early on Friday or Saturday.

Weekly pins(2 each week) were limited to 1000, coins to 750 individually(4 different).

#9 User is offline   cyberdude 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:40 AM

DarthShader said:

My sources tell me that there will be Jedi Mickeys available each weekend. If you look on the tag, there is nothing marking it a limited edition. (Which means probably more than the 3000 that SW.Com reported) Don't waste time if you want one, try to buy them early on Friday or Saturday.

Hey DarthShader,

Thanks for the info. I was there this past Saturday and they had quit a few there on the shelves, so there shouldn't be a problem getting any for anyone. however there was a limit of 2 per person. As for the Limited Edition, it's quit possible that its is limited to 3000 pcs, just not marked on the item. The Logo Pin is limited to 7500+, but it's not marked or label anywhere on the item, so I'll keep my mind opened about this. I just think they are staggering the distribution over the weeks.

#10 User is offline   DarthShader 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:muscle cars, star wars, martial arts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:55 PM

If you look on the back of the pins themslves, they are stamped with the limited number.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users