Studios Central: I'm going to the Walt Disney Family Museum!!! - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I'm going to the Walt Disney Family Museum!!! I'm leavin'…on a jet plane…

#1 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:15 AM

Found out Thursday that I'll be attending a client meeting out in the San Francisco area on Tuesday. I'm taking the 7:00 AM flight out of Newark on Monday and should get to the hotel (5 blocks away from the museum) around noon.

I NEVER thought I'd be able to see this place! WOO HOO!!!

Anyone going to be around?

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#2 User is offline   Mouseoholic 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:11 PM

You are so lucky. We are going to try to make it out there in 2011. 2010 is already booked with trips to the World. I have not been to Disneyland since I was 14. Over 15+ years ago. Take lots of pics and tell us about your experience. Will we be able to read about it on your blog or twitter? I am especially interested in anything related to D23 since we joined a few weeks ago. I know I said a few things about Disney in another post but the reality is I love Disney. You made some very good points. When I get some time I will send you a few links to articles on the water parks and Pecos Bills.

Anyway, Have TONS of Fun!!!

#3 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

Great, I'd love to hear your experience. I've read a few online reviews of the museum and most seem to be positive. The museum covers a lot about Walt, the person, and his process. If you're someone that likes learning the backstage information, then I think it will be fun for you. I was surfing and saw this great article about the museum's opening in the NY Times: http://www.nytimes.c...n/01disney.html

It doesn't spoil much, so I encourage everyone to check it out.

#4 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:24 PM

I live in northern California, so I got a museum membership and boy am I glad I did. There is so much to see that it would take a visitor almost the entire day to really see everything in depth. If you're taking in a lecture or Walt era film that the museum is screening, you won't be able to properly experience it all in one day. For people who respect and admire Walt Disney, the museum is a must see. I should note though that visitors should not expect to see a lot of stuff about WDW because of Walt's passing in 1966. They touch on Carousel of Progress and Walt's EPCOT.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users