• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What would you do?

#1 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:36 PM

As most of you know, my family will be taking our first Disney cruise in October. Since this is the trip that I won, I'm at Disney's mercy on the arrangements. They plan to fly us down on the morning of the cruise (a Thursday). My wife and I had thought that maybe we could ask them to fly us down on the Tuesday night before that Thursday instead and that way we could spend Wednesday at one of the parks, probably MGM. I tried to call to ask them about doing this on Friday, but called too late and now will have to call sometime this week. However, since then I have learned that they will gladly do this for the fee of $50 per person.

So, now I'm debating what to do. Would you pay $200 just so you can spend additional money for 2 nights of hotel room stay plus 1 child (our daughter) and 1 adult (our son) admission to the park? My wife and I have annual passes, so at least we are covered.

Bottom line, I'm thinking that this is about the most expensive single day that we would ever spend at a park and I'm not sure whether it is worth it or not. Still, we do love to visit WDW and the cruise part of the trip is essentially free to us. Oh, and if we do come early, would anyone be able to meet up with us on that Wednesday? I think the date is October 20.

Rob

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:25 PM

I think it comes down to finances Rob. If you can afford the extra $$ without sacrificing someone's financial future, then why not go for it? Personally, I forget all about finances as soon as I step foot on Hollywood Blvd (in restrospect, this may be a sign of my poor financial planning abilities :thumright: ). So in short, if you can afford it, go for it!

#3 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:06 AM

I think if you can aford it go for it, especially if Disney is footing the bill for the rest of the trip. Overall it will still be a cheap vaction if you don't look at it on a day to day basis. Not sure on my work/school schedule for then, but I'm sure I could swing something :lol:

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 August 2004 - 10:23 AM

We should note Rob, that this crowd is very bias to one side, but we're trying hard to be objective :lol:

#5 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 30 August 2004 - 02:17 PM

Well if you do have the extra money to spend on the extra days, go for it. As already mentioned you are getting pretty much a free trip other wise. In spending the extra days at WDW will it still leave you enough 'play money' for the cruise?

PS I don't know my schedule yet for Oct yet either.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:19 PM

TrendyMagic said:

PS I don't know my schedule yet for Oct yet either.

Let me help you with it then...

Wake up
Go to (insert Disney park name here)
Go Home
Repeat

#7 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:20 PM

ROFL!!! Thanks for the assistance Matt.

#8 User is offline   Doctor Seeker 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Many

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:24 PM

I wouldn't. You are going to have a lot on the ship. I would just enjoy it as the free trip that I won and revel in my glory.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users