• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Return of the Muppets?

#1 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

Hey guys i just found some videos of the Muppets doing some Music videos of some classic songs all posted within the last month on Youtube under different Usernames but all ending with similar aspects... and all of there tags say "New Muppets" Is this the long awaited return of the Muppets???

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kDA9NbPAK8o
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ob6TTU1knUM
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EDFgtFXfnv0
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

The way it's been explained to me is the Muppets are going to be eased back into the public eye because they basically faded away when they disappeared from the public eye. Rather than shove them back into the public spotlight in a sort of "LOOK! It's the Muppets.....LOVE THEM" attitude; Disney wants to take it slowly as not to overdo things.

All that being said, I do like the videos and like to see the Muppets are returning :lol:

#3 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

Wow those were hilarious! I'm excited to see whats to come of this. Great find!

Also, I found this to be extremely awesome. It was in the related videos, clearly the work of a fan. http://youtube.com/w...feature=related

#4 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

Oh yeah. I saw the Pulp Muppets. It is actual clips from the movie with Toy Muppets heads pasted over them

#5 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:31 PM

I love the Muppets! Thanks for posting the video links. My favorite was "Ode to Joy"
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:19 AM

What great clips of the Muppets! I'm so glad they're being "revived" (although they were never dead in my book). I hope Miss Piggy is part of the revival. She's one spunky broad!!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#7 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

darthstich said:

Oh yeah. I saw the Pulp Muppets. It is actual clips from the movie with Toy Muppets heads pasted over them

Yeah Pulp Fiction is my favorite flick, and the way they did Pulp Muppets was very well done. I can see it now...

Fozzie "Jules" Bear: "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Wakka Wakka!" :fozzy:

(Yes, I memorized "Ezekiel 25:17" from the film. It really is my favorite movie.)

#8 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie Bear and the rest of the Muppets gang will be joined by some of the biggest stars with kids and tweens when Disney Channel presents Studio DC: Almost Live next month. Airing on Sunday, Aug. 3 at 8 p.m. (ET/PT), the half-hour musical sketch comedy special will feature Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana), the Jonas Bros. (Camp Rock), Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical), Dylan and Cole Sprouse, Brenda Song and Phill Lewis (The Suite Life of Zack & Cody).

Featuring classic Muppets backstage antics, the special will be hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse, with comedy sketches featuring Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley’s country singer father. The junior Cyrus will get to play with the Electric Mayhem Band and Miss Piggy will cast herself as the “Jonas sister” and perform with the famous brothers. Kermit will sing the High School Musical hit single “Bop to the Top” with Ashley Tisdale, then join Miss Piggy and Gonzo in paying a visit to the Tipton Hotel, as seen in the hit series The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.

Created by the Disney-owned Muppets Studio, Studio DC: Almost Live is exec produced by Martin G. Baker.

Disney is also bringing the Muppets back to the big screen with a new movie being written by actor Jason Segel and director Nick Stoller, the driving forces behind the hit comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Stoller will direct the flick, which came about when the duo teamed with The Jim Henson Co. for a puppet scene in Sarah Marshall.

#9 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

darthstich said:

Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie Bear and the rest of the Muppets gang will be joined by some of the biggest stars with kids and tweens when Disney Channel presents Studio DC: Almost Live next month. Airing on Sunday, Aug. 3 at 8 p.m. (ET/PT), the half-hour musical sketch comedy special will feature Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana), the Jonas Bros. (Camp Rock), Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical), Dylan and Cole Sprouse, Brenda Song and Phill Lewis (The Suite Life of Zack & Cody).

Featuring classic Muppets backstage antics, the special will be hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse, with comedy sketches featuring Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley’s country singer father. The junior Cyrus will get to play with the Electric Mayhem Band and Miss Piggy will cast herself as the “Jonas sister” and perform with the famous brothers. Kermit will sing the High School Musical hit single “Bop to the Top” with Ashley Tisdale, then join Miss Piggy and Gonzo in paying a visit to the Tipton Hotel, as seen in the hit series The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.

Created by the Disney-owned Muppets Studio, Studio DC: Almost Live is exec produced by Martin G. Baker.

Disney is also bringing the Muppets back to the big screen with a new movie being written by actor Jason Segel and director Nick Stoller, the driving forces behind the hit comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Stoller will direct the flick, which came about when the duo teamed with The Jim Henson Co. for a puppet scene in Sarah Marshall.

I had such great support for the Muppets, and then this thing with the Disney Channel kiddie shows just ruined it for me. I hope this is a one-time thing only, and the Muppets will go back to its cutting-edge zany humor that made them famous in the first place.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#10 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

Well think Back to the Muppet show and this is pretty much the same thing here. I mean most of the Muppet Show Celebs were the Kids and Tweens idols of that time. THis is just 2008 Muppet Show. If it does well, i wouldn't be surprised if we got the New New Muppet Show (intentional double New) but like they said there is a movie in the works too

#11 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

It should be pretty good as long as they keep the Muppet characters true to their original personailities with the same goofy humor that made them so popular originally. Unlike AI at DHS which I have almost already given up on liking (althugh I will check it out once before passing final judgement), I'm looking forward to the Muppets comeback!!!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

I'll be watching

#13 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:59 AM

^As will I. I just saw the commercial yesterday.

#14 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

More New Muppet Youtube Vids staring Statler and Waldorf

http://www.youtube.com/user/heckleu247

#15 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:45 PM

darthstich said:

More New Muppet Youtube Vids staring Statler and Waldorf

http://www.youtube.com/user/heckleu247

Thanks for sharing all these great videos.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

I loved those Statler and Waldorf vids. My favorite is them taking a nap and Waldorf falling down :cry:

#17 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

Thats the perfect name for the Waldorf & Statler account... Heckle U 24/7! Brilliant!

#18 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

It's like they're actually watching us. I mean, REALLY watching us. Like right now, as I'm typing this. :shock:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#19 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

:old2: :old:

#20 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:03 AM

Yeah! Just like that! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users