Studios Central: Jake's take on AIE. It's not what you think. - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jake's take on AIE. It's not what you think.

#1 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

I'm a convert. I saw a finale show, thanks to Matt's suggestion. It was fun. My whole life, I've been extremely shy, and had low self esteem. Since I want to be in musical theatre, I figure it's about time I work on not caring what other people think about me. If you get up there and do it and people make fun of you, it's mostly because they don't have the guts to do it themselves. True, you may stink. But if it's something you really want, you gotta just do it. The more you do it, the better you get and the easier it becomes.

ANYWAY.... I say all that because the other day I saw 3 shows in a row. 2 preliminaries and the finale. I don't want to ruin anything for anyone, but during the "pre-show" while you're waiting to go into the theater, there is some crowd interaction with the MC. The MC I had was Mark (A World Showcase Player). He was the MC at the Press event as well. He is hilarious, and really got me pumped up. So I fed the energy right back to him and he loved it. I even altered my appearance in the bathroom between the two preliminaries to keep the "random" factor to the crowd interaction bit.

I've really been building my self confidence and self esteem over the past few days, as well as my voice. So once I have enough confidence for my stage presence and in my singing, I'm probably going to audition. I've been watching a bunch of singing lesson videos on YouTube as well as studying via http://www.musicaltheatreaudition.com. One of the main things I do while watching AEI is totally pay attention to what talent or potential the contestants have, and then really pick up on the tips the judges give. Sure they aren't the real judges, they are actors. But they're pro's in entertainment, they know what they're talking about!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

Good luck Jake, I hope you make it big ;)

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:23 AM

Jake-
As my Mom used to always say, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained.".... Just pick a date in the future that you plan to audition for AIE and go for it. If you wait until you feel you're "ready", that day will never come.... Just keep doing AIE auditions (maybe once a week or so) to gain experience & confidence and get tips from the CMs. One guy I know who's in his early 50's has auditioned ay AIE several times already just for the opportunity to go backstage and talk w/ CMs... Look at that guy (I think his name was Phillip Hung or something like that) who auditioned for AI and became famopus because he was sooooooooooo awful!!!! If you don't try, you'll never know....
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#4 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

Thanks guys! I know what you mean Debbie. I know that for the Mouse Guest Experience 2, I'll audition. But I hope to do it before then.

#5 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

What's the worst that could happen- you goof up? How many talented celebs screw up? Barbra Streisand always uses a teleprompter because she has such stage fright that she forgets the lines to her songs!!! Go for it!!!
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#6 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

Well the main thing I'm focused on is practicing the songs. The website has the list of eligible songs, which I downloaded. I'm not sure on which song to do, but right now I'm practicing Circle of Life (I wish Can You Feel the Love Tonight was on the list). I plan to practice others from the list too, like You'll Be in My Heart, This Is Me, Stand By Me, Kiss From a Rose, What A Wonderful World.... and others once I spend more time going over the list. It's a lot larger than I was expecting.

#7 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

Well, while you need a good selection in case someone else has selected one of "your" songs, don't select too many. It's too easy to stall the actual event with prep tasks. Pick a date to auditon to give yourself a deadline to assist with keeping focused on the ultimate goal.... THE AUDITION!!!!
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#8 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

Good luck Jake. Get up there and be yourself. Let yourself go and do what you feel is natural. Have fun with it!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users