• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pre-Trip Report: 2/1/09 - 2/8/09

#1 User is offline   JWinNJ 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Working Out, Travel

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

I am traveling to WDW from 2/1/09 - 2/8/09, taking advantage of the 7 nights for the price of 4 promotion. I'm going to be staying at the Boardwalk Inn on the Club Level.

This trip I'm traveling solo, and taking it very easy since things have been very stressful at work. I'm primarily planning to spend time in Epcot and DHS, probably a few hours at a time. I'm looking forward to the Concierge Lounge and spending a lot of time at the hotel gym. Also, I've always wanted to play golf...I'm looking into taking a lesson at one of the courses!

Here are my plans so far day-by-day.

Sunday, 2/1:
Travel from Newark to Orlando, arriving at around 11AM. Check in at the Boardwalk Inn and head over to Epcot. Probably spend the afternoon at World Showcase, I have a 2PM reservation at Nine Dragons. I'll head back to the room around 6PM to watch the Super Bowl...even though the Giants won't be playing :lol:

Monday, 2/2:
Magic Kingdom morning, I have a 12PM reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. Hoping it's not too cold so I can ride Splash Mountain, also want to ride Space Mountain before it goes down for rehab. Go back to the hotel in afternoon, head to the gym to lift weights. Dinner reservation at Flying Fish Cafe at 7PM.

Tuesday, 2/3:
This might be the morning I take a golf lesson. I'm planning on lunch at Raglan Road and dinner at Chefs De France at 6PM. Will probably stay for Illuminations.

Wednesday, 2/4:
DHS morning, will get to Toy Story Mania early and hopefully be able to get a fastpass. I'm also hoping for a soft opening of The American Idol Experience...I work in television so this attraction really interests me. Back to the hotel in the afternoon and probably hit the pool/gym. Dinner is at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at 6PM, hoping for a better experience than the WDW Today crew had!

Thursday, 2/5:
AK morning with lunch at Tusker House around noon. More time at the pool/gym in the afternoon. Dinner is at Epcot at Tutto Italia at 7PM.

Friday, 2/6:
The day is pretty much open, my only plan is for Cape May Cafe for dinner around 6PM.

Saturday, 2/7:
This day is open too, I have dinner at Spoodles at 7:45PM.

Sunday, 2/8:
Check out early and return to New Jersey by around 12Noon.

Thanks for reading! I will update this when I return.

Jason

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

Welcome to Studios Central JWinNJ!

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

Have a great time Jason and enjoy the relaxation. You've picked a great resort for access to DHS and EPCOT.

If you decide to play a round of golf I'd suggest LBV or the Magnolia. The Palm is the more difficult of the Disney courses. I personally like LBV because of how it winds through SSR and OKW.

#4 User is offline   JWinNJ 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Working Out, Travel

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:30 AM

Matt, thanks for the welcome!

ADP, thanks for the course suggestions, I'm going to make my reservations today!

Jason

#5 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

Jason-
If you read this before getting to WDW, make sure you do at least one of the Kim Possible missions at EPCOT! They are a HOOT!!!!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users