Studios Central: Star Tours Destinations are Official - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Tours Destinations are Official

#1 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

http://www.mouseextr...-tours/#respond

Disney has officially released the desitnations although we all guessed them before now
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#2 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

I'm very anxious to see the queue changes. The destinations are in line with everything we've heard. I also want to hear more about the randomness of the ride start to finish. Time is getting close!!! :jedi:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#3 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

I wonder if this is a complete list or if we could see Alderaan, Bespin, and Endor added closer to opening. I'm excited about creating the destination algorithm.

I'm assuming at this time that we'll visit 3 destinations per flight, never repeat the same destination in each flight, and that each destination can segue into every other destination. Given those 3 things, with the 6 destinations, we have 120 possible flight plans but shouldn't require more than 3-4 flights to see each destination at least once.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:13 PM

I would be shocked if Alderaan isn't included. It's been mentioned a number of different times in past official releases. Plus they claim 54 different scenarios, I don't see how with just the list of planets we have now.

#5 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

Regardless, I'm just excited we're getting more details because that means it's opening soon!! :)

#6 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 02 April 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

I would be shocked if Alderaan isn't included. It's been mentioned a number of different times in past official releases. Plus they claim 54 different scenarios, I don't see how with just the list of planets we have now.

I agree. It seems a little light on possibilites as is

I would think if we are to see Yoda, we have to have Dagobah no?
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

View PostMJMcBride, on 02 April 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

I would think if we are to see Yoda, we have to have Dagobah no?

Sticking to canon has never been a high priority for star tours

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

View PostGeneral Specific, on 02 April 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

I wonder if this is a complete list or if we could see Alderaan, Bespin, and Endor added closer to opening. I'm excited about creating the destination algorithm.

I'm assuming at this time that we'll visit 3 destinations per flight, never repeat the same destination in each flight, and that each destination can segue into every other destination. Given those 3 things, with the 6 destinations, we have 120 possible flight plans but shouldn't require more than 3-4 flights to see each destination at least once.

I've posted this on other boards, but I'll post it here as well...

"Destinations" could mean different things. I don't think it is likely we will "land" at all these different places.

I'm thinking of total "scenes". What I'm calling a scene is any particular variable segment or segments that always go together - for instance, it could be the run through the trench on the Death Star, or it could be a pair of segments that go together, like two segments featuring Boba Fett chasing you that always go together but may not be shown as one contiguous segment.

To get 54 possible variations with as few scenes as possible (and let's face it, it will be... ;) ), you need 11 scenes.

Arrange the scenes into 4 groups - 3 groups of 3, and one group of 2.

Assemble any given "run" by randomly taking one scene from each group. Scenes from group 1 will always occur first, etc. - order matters. So if the Death Star is in the third scene, it ALWAYS is in the third scene.

Voila - 54 different runs.

So when they say you may never see all of the possibilities, that's true - you may never see all 54 different run combinations. But you could possibly see all available scenes in as little as 3 runs.

Now, I could be wrong, but I haven't been able to make any other numbers work...

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

Great points!

BTW, sorry for your account being deleted. Spam software grabbed you accidently. Re-register and I'll fix the problem :)

#10 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

WOW!! That's alot of math :blink:
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#11 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

And now, thanks to Anthony Daniels, we know it's three sets of scenes. I'm guessing 18 scenes in each set.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#12 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

If it's confirmed that there will be 54 different trip possibilities and 3 "destinations" or "scenes" (if your prefer that term for the same result) per flight, we are left with groupingd of (in some order)

(54,1,1)
(27,2,1)
(18,3,1)
(9,3,2)
(6,3,3)

If we can agree that the last grouping is the most likely, as it would require Disney to create the fewest destinations/scenes (12), we would have 3 divergent points, 2 of which having 3 scenarios to choose from, and 1 having 6 scenarios. In this system, it would take a minimum of 6 rides to view all 12 destinations/scenes, and most likely 10-12 would be the average.

Unfortunately this possibility makes it difficult to see all 12 destinations/scenes in one vacation.

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

View PostGeneral Specific, on 08 April 2011 - 01:33 AM, said:

Unfortunately this possibility makes it difficult to see all 12 destinations/scenes in one vacation.

That seemed to be the goal. There's a quote out there that says "You will rarely, if ever, see the same show twice.". They dont want the attraction to be repetitive and for you to want to come back again and again.

#14 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

math gives me a headache
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#15 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for correcting my math, General. I completely forgot that this was a combinations and permutations problem.

Wouldn't it be cool if they implemented a NextGen project where they tracked which scene combinations you had seen? I'd love the option of waiting a few loads in order to see a version that I hadn't seen before.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 07 April 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

Great points!

BTW, sorry for your account being deleted. Spam software grabbed you accidently. Re-register and I'll fix the problem :)

OK, that explains why I didn't get emails for replies :( My new tagline can be, "I AM SPAM!", or maybe better, "I AM SPAMTICUS!"

View PostGeneral Specific, on 08 April 2011 - 01:33 AM, said:

If it's confirmed that there will be 54 different trip possibilities and 3 "destinations" or "scenes" (if your prefer that term for the same result) per flight, we are left with groupingd of (in some order)

(54,1,1)
(27,2,1)
(18,3,1)
(9,3,2)
(6,3,3)

If we can agree that the last grouping is the most likely, as it would require Disney to create the fewest destinations/scenes (12), we would have 3 divergent points, 2 of which having 3 scenarios to choose from, and 1 having 6 scenarios. In this system, it would take a minimum of 6 rides to view all 12 destinations/scenes, and most likely 10-12 would be the average.

Yeah, after the "three acts" revelation, they do need one more scene than I predicted, as you showed in the math above, and it does allow more time for each act...4 did seem to be pushing it.

I wonder if the 6 would be the last act, possibly the destination?

#17 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

Probably all of you already saw this, but wehat do you guys think of this sneak peek?
https://www.facebook...124274087646832
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#18 User is offline   Doc 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

Looks like my original prediction of a 3:3:3:2 scene pattern was right (with the "2" actually being at the beginning):

http://www.startours...estination-list

Of course, due to the spam-eater eating my account twice, my posts above aren't attributed to me :(

#19 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

View PostDoc, on 16 May 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Looks like my original prediction of a 3:3:3:2 scene pattern was right (with the "2" actually being at the beginning):

http://www.startours...estination-list

Of course, due to the spam-eater eating my account twice, my posts above aren't attributed to me :(

Good call on that!

#20 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

I'd wondered about Alderaan too, but I heard a line from one of the droids in the queue saying that all flights to Alderaan had been cancelled, but they were sure everything was fine.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users