Studios Central: Great Movie Ride Rehab DETAILS - Cool Stuff Inside! - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Great Movie Ride Rehab DETAILS - Cool Stuff Inside!

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 February 2003 - 08:45 PM

From Intercot

As ya'll know, GMR is going down on Sunday for almost two months. I've shared what I thought was happening, but as things are getting closer to rehab time, I've got some more info!

The script is being reworked to be more of a conversational type of ride. Sort of like a Jungle Boat type of speil. More interaction which could either be really fun or really bad depending on the audience you have. The Tour Guide will be less of a tour guide and more of a movie geek that is just gushing full of movie knowledge. (A big stretch for me )

Also, as I've said before, ALL new audio, completely digital now as opposed to the card system that is old and moldy.

Rumor has it the Alien scene may get scarier, and another RUMOR (in all caps) is that there might not be any more changing drivers. I mean, no one is going to hi-jack the car.

Also a lot of maint. work is going to be done, lots of cleaning, and a lot of the anamatronics are going to be fixed up and re-synched with the audio.

Also, look for new costumes, no longer red suspenders and dorky hat (that I LOVED) but something along the lines of polos.

The facade of the theatre is also in for a major cleaning. Apparently a lighted portion of it has already been removed to be fixed up and cleaned.

Okay, now, for the REALLY COOL STUFF.

This is the REALLY cool part. This rehab is the start of a gradual rehab over the next few years. (At least three)

Between now and 2006 you probably will hardly recognize the interior of the ride but it will still have the same feel to it. Guided tour INTO the movies!

The next rehab is going to change up at least the gangster scene. This is going to be what happens, when you pull around from dock you will see what looks like a movie set and it will slowly turn in to the actual scene with gangsters!!

I'm psyched that they are taking the time with this ride and actually making it better than anyone thought it could be!!

See, a big blue hat can't kill one of the coolest rides at WDW!!!

#2 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:28 AM

Is the GMR going to open in June??? Will it still be the same or will it be different?? When will they do the Rehab?? When will it start I mean??? OMG I hope it's open in June .... b/c that is like one of the best rides besides the Tower Of Terror and Rock'n'Roller coaster.

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:05 PM

Jackie,

GMR will be open June 30. For more info on the rehab, go to http://www.mgmstudios.org/rehab.html

#4 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:26 PM

i heard that they are going to replace the gmr with a ride called villians! is this true?

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:42 PM

TheTowerOfTerrorRules said:

i heard that they are going to replace the gmr with a ride called villians! is this true?

Nope, not true at all. Just an old rumor.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users