Studios Central: New Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts room category - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts room category

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:15 PM

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Guests shopping for Walt Disney World accommodations will discover a "new" category of resort at the Vacation Kingdom. In an effort to alleviate confusion about the availability of Disney Vacation Club (DVC) accommodations as nightly rentals, Disney vacation planners are now using the term Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts in reference to the DVC properties for non-members.

The Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts category tops off a lineup of Disney resorts for every taste and budget including Disney Value Resorts, Disney Moderate Resorts and Disney Deluxe Resorts. The Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts offer comforts of home with most rooms featuring full kitchens or kitchenettes, washer/dryers, whirlpool tubs and living areas. Villas available include studios and accommodations with up to three bedrooms.

Currently the Disney Deluxe Villa Resort option is available at: Disney's Old Key West Resort, The Villas at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.

#2 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:15 AM

This makes me wonder if DVC is considering different villa categories in the future. We may see moderate and value DVC villas down the road. I hope and expect quite a few DVC announcements in the very near future; i.e. Grand Californian Villas and Contemporary Villas. If I had to guess I would say Oct. 1st would be the day for some sort of announcement since that is the end/beginning of Disney's fiscal year.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

That would be interesting to have moderate or value DVC units, although I don't think that will be happening soon. Like the article says, Disney wants to make it clear that DVC units are available to the general public more often than not and certainly when we speak about the different classes of disney resorts (Value, Moderate and Deluxe), we speak about DVC in a different manner, like it's some evil step child of the main resorts (...Oh and there's also DVC).

#4 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

I'm going to ignore the "evil step child" reference :lol:

DVC already has different category levels....not as noticeable as value, moderate or deluxe but there are difference. BWV has "standard" villas which are less "expensive" point-wise than other BW villas. VAKL has family sized studios which will sleep 5 instead of the standard 4 that most DVC studios sleep. Different resorts have different point values based on location & amenities. I really doubt they would do a whole value DVC resort but anything is possible. DVC makes alot of money the way it is now, the really don't need to offer it any cheaper.

The latest rumor is that either Grand Californian Villas or Contemporary Villas will be announced in October, then the other in May.
http://www.mouseowne...isplay.php?f=22

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users