MK Morning - 8/11
Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:52 PM
- We decided to do the left half of the park and followed a touring plan from the Unofficial Guide. Started with Splash then Thunder and then Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets of Aladdin (No wait!), Tiki room, Peter Pan, Small World & Philharmagic....all by 11:30am.
- Breaking news: it's hot and humid
- All the effects on Splash worked
- Only one side open on Pirates and it appears a CM called in sick because one CM had to load people on the boats, then go launch the boat and then repeat.
- As I mentioned, we walked on Magic Carpets at about 10am or so.
- Tiki room sucks I haven't done it in a while but half way through I thought to myself "This is terrible". Not entertaining at all
- I watched the Woody's Cowboy Camp thing in Frontierland. It appeals to the same age group that enjoys Jedi Training Academy, ages 6-11 or so.
- I lost my sunglasses somewhere between Peter Pan and Small World so if anyone sees them, let me know :roll:
That's it. Time for afternoon break and then it's off to MGM
Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:59 PM
Maybe lost and found will have the shades. You never know, a kind soul may have turned them in.
Hope you have a good time at the Studios tonight!
Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:29 PM
- We got free tickets to Pirates & Princess party before leaving MK. Basically we went to Guest Relations to get a birthday pin for someone in our group and the CM there asked if we were going to the Pirates & Princess party. We said no and she asked if we wanted to.....for free. We gladly accepted and she gave us 5 tickets for free to the party (Thats $200 for those keeping track).
- We went to MGM before the party...
- Only had time to ride Tower twice, Coaster once and the Animation Academy.
- New single rider and FASTPASS queue lines are nice but the outdoor queue area has some TERRIBLE air circulation (as in none). If you get stuck in a long line in the standby line, you're going to need a snorkel for some fresh air
- Animation academy was fun, although i still need practice drawing
- Ate dinner at ABC Commissary and had the veggie stir fry, which was quite good. Good portion size and tasted great with little guilt. I recommend it.
- Park was fairly empty when we arrived around 3:30-4 but quickly filled up with folks coming from Magic Kingdom not going to Pirates and Princess
- Left MGM to go to MK for P&P Party...
- Crowds were manageable and waits were not bad at all
- Laugh Floor is no Turtle Talk. In fact, it's really not that good. Obviously it's a hit or miss attraction in terms of funniness but given the limited nature of the kind of jokes they can do, I'm not sure it's got much potential. Not impressed at all.
- P&P parade is good and a great spot to watch is in Frontierland. Tinkerbell and Jack Sparrow were big hits with the crowds.
- P&P fireworks really leave a lot to be desired. The pirates portion is certainly better than the princess portion.
- Met Jack Sparrow again and always fun. The queue to see Jack this time has Pirate trivia (real pirates, not Disney pirates) and sunken artifacts to look at.
- After fireworks & 2nd parade, crowds really thin out
- Overall, P&P is great for low crowds and some nice event onlys but was glad I didn't pay to get in. It's cheaper than MNSSHP or MVMCP but can't put it on the same level as those events.
Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:18 AM
Sorry you didn't like the Laugh Floor. When we saw it, I found it to be cute...not hilarious, but funny.
Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:15 PM
Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:04 PM
You lucky son of a gribblesnocker! Normally I would resent having to shell out extra money for the privilege of staying extra hours in a Disney park just to meet characters who don't normally make appearances, but Tinkerbell AND Jack Sparrow?
I'd say Disney needs to reorganize their Character marketing strategies. And make the CMs in the yellow and white shirts with Mickey sketches imprinted on them go away. Or at least teach them patience and courtesy.
Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:30 PM
Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:54 PM
Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:08 PM