2007 Sith Star Wars Weekends 2

#1 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:40 PM

:jedi: :jedi: :jedi: :jedi: :jedi: :jedi: :jedi: :jedi: :jedi: :jedi:

06-07-07

Travel date for the Family and I. Trip was uneventful with the exception of one Psycho at the airport going off about people waiting in the Southwest "A" boarding line. We arrived at WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort around 10:00pm and were given a room at the far end of the property. The good news, it was reasonably quiet. The bad news, it was a LONG way from the food court. I like to be able to walk to the food court without hiking shoes and a map.

06-08-07

The plan was to arrive at Disney-MGM Studios at 7am, an hour early with the Extra Magic Hours for that day. Ray Parks autograph was first on the agenda. My wife would head for the Merchandise line as we continue to employ the divide and conquer attack. To our suprise, the merchandise line was very short. Ray Parks line was another story. His line was already back past the bag check area. Even when my daughter and I :jedi: :queen: got into line there were CM's saying that more than likely we were too far back to get a fastpass for his autograph. :D The lines are always interesting at SWW. The people are very friendly and after an hour or so the conversations are helping the time pass quickly.

When the gates opened, they checked everyone through. The CM's mentioned taking note of the people around you because they would be the same people as the line moved forward. Sure enough, as soon as I got through with my daughter there was some guy with two boys standing behind the people we had just spent the previous 45 minutes behind. In not so many words I put a Jedi Mind trick on him expressing that this was not the line he was looking for. (I basically told him to move on which he did once he realized he had no support.) His claim was that he was simply "waiting for someone". Yeah, well not in this line pal.

The line continues on and eventually they begin to hand out fast passes. CM's continue to come by counting the people and my pocket of fans is getting nervous about getting a ticket for today. Not 20 minutes into waiting I get a call from Mrs. Sith that she is already done in the merchandise line and has made her purchases! I repeat.... SHE IS DONE AFTER 20 MINUTES!!! :shock: :D Obvously 2007 is a different beast all together. About (actaully exactly) 18 people back from the fast pass machine we are told that the only tickets available are standby for Ray Park. My apprentice and I get wait and get this anyway, just hoping.

By now the Trivia Challange is signed up for the day and we cannot locate the CM working the Parade volunteers, so we of course bolt for Star Tours to get the day going.

After a wild ride that did not quite reach the Endor moon, (maybe next time!) We looked at a few things then ran over to see Ray Parks first autograph time slot. We ended up getting into a section of Standby people and waited until the end of his first signing period. As luck would have it we were among the last five people to see him, so we got Ray in by the end of the First Signing. This was great news as it would free us up for the remainder of the day.

Now Ray Park was just great. Very likable guy much in the way I enjoyed Rick McCallum last year. He is a family guy, so he was great with my daughter. I brought a copy of the airport advertising that I Pirated :pirate: off the web of Darth Maul Directing Air Traffic with two light sabers. He had not seen it but thought it was just awsome. I love it because it also gives the dates for SWW along with Disney MGM Studios.

Posted Image
(heh, for the die hard SW fans, I just noted for my personal amusment that this photo in my log was #1138)

For the remainder of the day saw some characters and hit a few attractions, not really planning on anything else big. Then on our way out during the last signing period Mrs. Sith suggested we stop by Daniel Logans tent. Sure enough he was getting through his crowd at a pretty good pace. One of the CM's asked us if we had met him yet. I mentioned that we had not been able to get a fast pass that morning but would try again tomorrow. Before I knew it we were in line to meet him as well. Of course I was armed with my Boba Fett Airport Advertisement picture and wearing my MGMStudios.org T-Shirt.... so another great photo Op. He had seen the advertisement at the airport when he arrived and thought it was too cool considering his relationship to the character. So when he saw mine his face really lit up. It was a blast and just like in 2005 he was just great to meet. My daughter just loves him :heart: . Truth is she thought both Daniel and Ray were cuties.

Posted Image

After this we went back to our room and caught a small nap before heading out to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours there. While waiting for the tram a Security Guard called out that the shuttle was coming in just a few moments. All of the guest waiting were like... "yeah, we can see it coming". Once on the Tram we figured out that we were the stupid ones as over the sky came the Space -SHUTTLE-. A collective "oh yeah..." came over the crowd. It was a fantastic scene as the rocket climbed up over the Magic Kingdom, and not a bad way to go into an evening of fun. The Force was strong on this day.

Posted Image
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#2 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

6-10-2007

Saturday I had an advantage now. My major autograph demands had been met and now it was time to let Padme be Padme.... errr, time for my daughter to have some fun. Dressed as Padme from Ep. III this year she was signed up for the Padawan Mind Challenge and the Parade. You could tell right off the bat that Saturday was going to be a heat issue. It was not bad at all on Friday, but this was going to be different. (Shade of 2005 :D ) We jumped in getting several character photos and before we knew it, it was parade time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

By the end of the parade things were really starting to cook. The heat was going to be a real problem. We grabbed a few more characters, ducked into a few air conditioned shops and before we knew it, the Padawan Mind Challenge was up. Now my little girl pulled out a win last year at 7, but this year got tripped up on a birthing order question from Ep III. Who was first Leia or Luke... She always talks as soon as the babies appear on the screen, so it isn't a wonder to me that she got it wrong. She had a blast.

Posted Image

After a vain attempt to get into the Jedi Academy (you can't win them all!), we decided that the heat had us beat. I've left out many of the fine details here, but it was hot. MUSTAFAR hot. Tatooine in AUGUST HOT. So we exited stage right, going through all of the shops with A/C on the way to the gate. We went back to our room from where we could later hear the echos of Thunder as a storm swept through. Later we would return to the Studios, grab some more characters, watch the amazing Ray Park show, "A Trip to the Maul" and catch the HOOPLA. The Ray Park show was a great exhibit of his Martial Arts Skill. I touched on it in my blog, but this is the type of thing you wish they could have every year. It was another great opportunity for the children to get involved, and more than interesting enough for all of the adults. (Sorry the pictures did not do it justice, so I've left them out except for this one.)

Posted Image

After this we hit the Hoopla and then went to Ohana for Dinner. Good Food, Good Fun!

6-11-07

This day was really about tying up any loose ends and having fun. Not much to mention here. As hot as it was the primary goal was to get thing done and head out to Animal Kingdom to ride the Rapids and get wet! Later that day after we got back to our resort, the heat brought on a three hour Thunderstorm complete with HAIL. I felt for those still trying to enjoy one more day of SWW, but also enjoyed the fact that I had fullfilled my destiny. We got some rest and ended the trip with a Full evening at the Magic Kingdom which ended for us around 1:30 am.

There is no doubt in my mind that Weekend 2 was the best choice for me. The funny thing is that it all happened by accident. Sort of the will of the Force.

Posted Image

6-12-2007
Bad news... I had to go home. All in all I had a blast on this trip. Not that I was completely happy. The loss of adult activities was a bad move for this event. I did hope there would be more for the 30th anniversary. The rumor mill will do that to you all of the time. Still this trip was worth everything that went into it. (and I got all of the Figs :fett: !) Which is why it was good that I went home. I'm going to need that job of mine to pay for all of this!!! :wha:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

Fantastic report Colin. Any photos of your daughter? She was cute in the photos from last year (even if Kim's son wasn't around to court her this year).

Thanks for posting your report!

#4 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

QuickGold said:

Any photos of your daughter? She was cute in the photos from last year (even if Kim's son wasn't around to court her this year).

Posted Image

Padme is in the blue dress/gown in some of the other shots. Yeah, she was sorry Kim's boy wasn't around. I am trying to get her to understand that for a Jedi, attachment is forbidden. :twisted:

Posted Image

POFQ May 16-19

#5 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:51 PM

Hey Dark Sith, I was in the merchandise line on that friday June 8th. There was only 20 people in front of me. I wonder by considence I talked to your wife. I was wearing my Darth Tater T-shirt as you could see in the photos i've posted. My daughter was in line for Ray Park and she was just in front of the check in security tables. She was wearing her Darth Vader's whos your Daddy shirt wonder if you saw her. I was looking to see if I saw the MGMstuios shirt but I guess we never came across each other. By the way She got a fastpass for Ray Park at 4:20pm third session. And we got Daniel Logan's autograph without a fastpass like you but we got ours in his last sessions. By what I read it seems you got his autograph in his 2nd session!!

#6 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

Pipper011 said:

Hey Dark Sith, I was in the merchandise line on that friday June 8th. There was only 20 people in front of me. I wonder by considence I talked to your wife. I was wearing my Darth Tater T-shirt as you could see in the photos i've posted. My daughter was in line for Ray Park and she was just in front of the check in security tables. She was wearing her Darth Vader's whos your Daddy shirt wonder if you saw her. I was looking to see if I saw the MGMstuios shirt but I guess we never came across each other. By the way She got a fastpass for Ray Park at 4:20pm third session. And we got Daniel Logan's autograph without a fastpass like you but we got ours in his last sessions. By what I read it seems you got his autograph in his 2nd session!!

Actually I was just like you and got into Daniel Logan's third session on that Friday. I felt very lucky to do so. We sat on a bench while they worked through the people with fast passes and when they cleared through we were invited in. It worked out great.

As for your daughter, she was ahead of me by at least 15 people or so, so I can't say I saw her. My wife on the other hand was in the merchandise line that Friday, so I'm sure you saw her. She was the one with the short blonde hair talking about her crazed husband and the need to get the Figs! :D :D

POFQ May 16-19

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:23 PM

Did you notice the Dream Squad behind your daughter in that photo with her and Leia? You might have won the DVC for life and made Kim even more jealous than not being able to come this year :D

Was your wife wearing the MGMStudios.org shirt Colin? I know she's got one and I'm sure she doesn't wear it to the grocery store :D Kudos to you for wearing the shirt in the park. We now both owe each other beers.

#8 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

What a small world it really is. Dark Sith and I'm happy that you got your figs. I got to give credit to Disney on how they distributed the merchandise this year and really screwed the ebay sellers. Heres to you Disney!!!

#9 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:38 AM

QuickGold said:

Did you notice the Dream Squad behind your daughter in that photo with her and Leia? You might have won the DVC for life and made Kim even more jealous than not being able to come this year :lol:.

Yes we did. This in fact has happened to us no less than 7 times this year. We would like to announce to everyone that in the Year of a Million Dreams, my family is the One Million and first family. No Dreams here! :x :blink:

QuickGold said:

Was your wife wearing the MGMStudios.org shirt Colin? I know she's got one and I'm sure she doesn't wear it to the grocery store :D Kudos to you for wearing the shirt in the park. We now both owe each other beers.

Yes Matt, you would be very happy to hear that she wore her T'shirt on that Saturday and was in the Parade behind the Padawan's. So the Website was on Parade. I will post a picture later.

As for the beers, I look forward to sorting that out sometime, hopefully sooner than later! :mrgreen:

POFQ May 16-19

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

:woot: That's fantastic to hear your daughter wore the shirt in the parade! Nice work :D

#11 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

QuickGold said:

:woot: That's fantastic to hear your daughter wore the shirt in the parade! Nice work :D

No, daughter was Padme in the blue gown. The parents have to walk behind the children in the Parade, so my wife was wearing the T-shirt in the Parade. :content:

Posted Image

POFQ May 16-19

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:20 PM

The Dark Lord of the Sith said:

QuickGold said:

No, daughter was Padme in the blue gown. The parents have to walk behind the children in the Parade, so my wife was wearing the T-shirt in the Parade. :content:

Posted Image
Ahh, that works. :lol:

#13 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:28 AM

I love your daughter's costume! She looked great! And is it just me or is Daniel Logan looking even more like the guy who played Jengo Fett as he gets older?? (Yes I am drawing a blank on Jengo's real name :lol: ) We have been to WDW 20+ days since this Year of Million Dreams promo and haven't won a dern thing either. When we went on our big extended family trip no one won. My mom sat and spoke with one of the dream CM's for about 20 minutes. When they were done talking, the CM left and gave out a prize to the first person she saw. :lol:

Matt, I saw all those Kim references....no wonka bars for you, buddy! :P

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:15 AM

Figaro said:

Matt, I saw all those Kim references....no wonka bars for you, buddy! :P
:lol: It wasn't me! I've been corrupted by Mr. Dark Lord over there :lol:

#15 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:34 PM

QuickGold said:

:P It wasn't me! I've been corrupted by Mr. Dark Lord over there :lol:

Hmmm, there was something in my education about Mind Tricks working on the feable minded :lol: lol, but I don't recall having this conversation with Matt at the March Meet. :twisted: :woot:

POFQ May 16-19

#16 User is offline   Darthbeagle 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:57 PM

Just wanted to say I'm so glad that you and your family had such a good trip. I recall how worried you were before June. Very good to read the report, it helps to relive the great time we all had.

MTFBWY,
Tom

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users