Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Biometric Finger Scans

#1 User is offline   SkywalkersDad 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:42 AM

I need some advice on how the biometric finger scans work at the park turnstiles. I have some older multi-day passes from prior visits with unexpired days on them, and would like to give one of those to a family member on our upcoming trip so he can use the remaining days. I've heard that Disney purges the fingertip scan data after 30 days, so if that is true, he should have no problem using my old multi-day pass with the remaining unexpired days. However, I can also see myself confusing these tickets during our trip, with different people using the same ticket within a 10-day period of time. I generally do not write names on the backs of the tickets, so that I have flexibility to use these among family members from year-to-year. I have not been hassled in the past doing this at the turnstiles, but would like to know your experiences. Anyone tried to use someone else's multi-day pass within a 30-day time window?

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

When the scans first came out, I swapped with others and didn't have much issue. Since then I haven't really tried it. It's no big deal really if you mix up the tickets...happens all the time.

#3 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:09 AM

Most of the time, if you take too long to get through, the Cast Member will let you in anyway to keep the line moving.
I've seen it happen a bunch of times, so just look innocent but agitated that the scanner isn't picking up your finger.
I don't think it should be a problem.

#4 User is offline   SkywalkersDad 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll have to report back what I find after my trip. It looks like I may have several family members sharing tickets throughout the week. Should be interesting!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users