• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends 2012

#21 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

View Postqueenofthehouse, on 21 January 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

I know it's way to early to even consider asking this, but when do you think Disney will post who will be attending SWW, this year?

I don't think it's way too early. I would think next month, with Star Wars Celebration 6 in August. Disney will want to let folks know as soon as possible.

#22 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

View Postqueenofthehouse, on 21 January 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Sorry, I didn't send this sooner. After sending this post, I had issues with my computer.
Here is the link to the Tribute to the Adventurers Club. The person you are referring, I believe is Jennifer Brassard, who played Tallulah (French Maid).
http://www.mouseplan...nus_Audio_track

She is in the last group cast member photo in the article. If you are a fan of the Citizens of Hollywood, you may recognize some faces.
photo, left to right:
* Simon, from Idol
* Officer Peabody
* Myron
* Fanny O'Rear
* Otis (his character in white) can be seen in Epcot, United Kingdom with the Showcase Players (also can be seen as Bruce in Nemo)
* Tallulah Buttertart (one of the French Maids from the Adventurers Club). I don't know where she is now except at Star Wars. I do know that her husband is one of the Indiana Jones stunt doubles and in a video from one of the last Adventurers Club shows, he carried her off stage in costume. It was very funny because the song she always sang was about Indiana Jones.
* Joy, was from the Comedy Warehouse and recently seen at the Comedy Warehouse special event during the holiday at the Studios. I've seen her at Flights of Wonder before. Instead of Tour guide Joe she was Tour guide Jane.
* Bubbles L'More also has been Miss Holly Woods and Miss Sunset Blvd.

I appreciate the help. I am really trying to get her autograph. Maybe she has another day job?

#23 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

View Postobilorne, on 22 January 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

I don't think it's way too early. I would think next month, with Star Wars Celebration 6 in August. Disney will want to let folks know as soon as possible.

No way. Guest lists are more of an April time frame. Disney typically waits a while to announce who is attending.

#24 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 23 January 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

No way. Guest lists are more of an April time frame. Disney typically waits a while to announce who is attending.

Well, I guess time will tell. Agree to disagree and be sure to check out locographs.com .

#25 User is offline   one_jedi_4_u 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars, COD: Zombies #DUH, BOBA FETT!!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

I am super excited! Last year had ALOT of drama, so I am hoping for less. Can't really wish for no drama, just less... :)
"Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" Michael Scott "The Office"

#26 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

Last year was the first time I didn't attend a Starwars Weekend!!! Disney keeps doing the same events and inviting the same guests over and over. After a while it gets boring hearing the same stories. Plus the new Star Tours was a huge disappointment just when it's getting good it ends. Also the ride moves a lot less and is only three minutes and a half, the old ride moved you more and lasted close to 5 minutes. This year Orlando again will host another Celebration which I was shocked hearing about it. Because I went to the last one in Orlando and I thought it was water down garbage compared to another but smaller convention Spooky Empire. If your going to attend celebration 6 be very cautious because they haven't even posted guest yet which in celebration 5 you already had a pretty big list!!!
In closing I wonder who is running Disney these days because they gave the night life to there compition not only that but Grad Nite(which is a big one) plus no more Espn the weekend which I would go out of my way to go. Well one less trip to Disney this year.

#27 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Postobilorne, on 22 January 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

I appreciate the help. I am really trying to get her autograph. Maybe she has another day job?

Send a letter to:

Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Visa, FL 32830

In the letter let them know you are a fan of Star Wars Weekends and especially of Oopla from Snig and Oopla's Hyperspace Hoopla and that you would really love Oopla's autograph. Make sure you include a return address.

Also, if you come back to Star Wars Weekends this year Oopla is very kind and will happily sign an autograph for you. Ask a Cast Member working at the stage if they can help you or catch her as she comes off stage. If you try to do it by catchign her make sure you have your autograph book and pen ready. Sometimes she and Snig have to be somewhere else after they are done at the stage.

#28 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 23 January 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Yes. April is more realistic. Not everyone is signed yet and they will typically wait until everyone is signed in case they need to move the weekends people are on. MAYBE by the end of March, but April is a better bet.

#29 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

I'm headed down for weekend 4 and I must admit it will be tough to top last year's SWW. I thought it was the best year ever. I haven't been every year, but I've been to most and there seemed to be a buzz when we were there, probably because of the reopening of Star Tours. Anyway, looking forward to it again this year.

#30 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

I think I'll need to buy one or more of these shirts for SWW: http://deathstarpr.spreadshirt.com/
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#31 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:Star Wars,Star Trek,Stargate ( all of them ) ABC Soap Operas....And Dsiney World of course!!!!!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

My sister spoke with Daniel Logan at MegaCon and asked him about Star Wars Weekend. He said as of right now he's there. Did not know what weekend yet. But I will check with him and see.
:D

Star Wars Weekends May/June 2013
Drew Brees Passing Academy,Wide World of Sports June 2013
DisneyLand and General Hospital Fanclub Weekend July 2013

#32 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

View Postdd_indy, on 05 January 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

With the upcoming 3-D releases starting with Episode 1, that's definitely a good guess. Jake Lloyd should be available pretty cheap.

I guess I was wrong; Jake Lloyd will probably never attend SWW: "Star Wars fame turned my life into a living hell" says Jake Lloyd.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#33 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

I think the theme for this year might be something else. :-)

Posted Image

#34 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:Star Wars,Star Trek,Stargate ( all of them ) ABC Soap Operas....And Dsiney World of course!!!!!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Some of the merch is starting to be leaked out...i need donald and duffy...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 430358_10150737348318274_155669083273_11292442_376048502_n.jpg
  • Attached Image: ssf389123LARGE.jpg

#35 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

more star wars weekend goodies

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2sww123234LARGE.jpg

#36 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

more goodies

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: get-attachment.jpg
  • Attached Image: 3sww123234LARGE.jpg

#37 User is offline   one_jedi_4_u 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars, COD: Zombies #DUH, BOBA FETT!!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Any word yet on a celeb list? Are we doing the whole "one wristband to a person" thing again this year?
"Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" Michael Scott "The Office"

#38 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

My guess would be yes they are,but I know alot of people protested to guest services about it. ( me being one ) Daniel Logan said at Megacon he was going to be here this year,as far as he knows right now.Ive asked James A Taylor a few times on facebook, he said hes waiting on word from Disney.

#39 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

James arnold taylor is one of the host's for celebration 6 in aug along with david collins...
Now disney just needs to start there list..
:rolleyes:

#40 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

After checking Peter Mayhew's schedule this year, he will not be attending SWW 2012.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users