• You cannot reply to this topic

Hot, Hot, Hot.. Aug Trip just some highlights

#1 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:38 AM

Hey Friends,

Here are some of the highlights from our Aug trip. I'll just say that for those of you that live in this region, you get my mad respect. It was HOT. I am so thankful that we had a heatwave in MN & our AC went out for 2wks, b/c that totally got us ready for your daily summer temps.

Sat. Aug 6th Late Arrival 11:30 pm (won't do that again)Attached Image: arrivalMCOcomprsd.jpg

Stayed at Comfort Inn & Suites-Airport location, it was clean, it was inexpensive, it had families & ladies of the evening but most importantly it was right next to a Waffle House. This was our first experience w/a Waffle house. For less than $25 I fed a family of 5. The choc chp waffles were fab.

Sun Aug 7- Breakfast at Cape May Cafe (our 1st time) pretty good- I loved the aspargus, my youngest was too tired to eat & they didn't charge me, very kind of them. She only took pics w/characters Attached Image: Cape May Cafe cmprds.jpg

Early check-in at Boardwalk Inn (our 1st time.) I have to say that this room was the cleanest, quietest room I have ever stayed in on property. I booked a standard view room w/room only dicount code & this is the view we got
Attached Image: view from room comprsd.jpg The pool you see was used everyday, several times a day by my 3 kids. They perfered the Quiet Pool to the Clown pool everytime. I think it's b/c they had it mostly to themselves.

Hit MK extra magic hours. It started to rain a little heavy. As 15 ppl came in on the ferry, the other ferry leaving the park was packed, this is where we learned rain = less ppl = happy mom = good!!!

Mon Aug 8- Up at 5 am
SURF LESSONS at Typhoon Lagoon. We stayed a little too late at MK w/ EMH, so getting up was tough, but so worth it. My husband & 12yo took the lessons. There were approx 10 surfers, 6 observers & 2 instructors from the Ron Jon Surf School, Jen & Chip. Jen does a lot of the beg out of the water stuff & Chip is more in water instruction. It was cool to see everone have success. My 12yo struggled w/the first several waves, but then she got it. The pride & accomplishment on her face was worth every penny. Attached Image: IMG_4726.jpeg
We went to Epcot later that evening & were going to go to HS, but all the travel, late nights & early mornings caught up with us. We didn't even stay for Illuminations.

Tues Aug 9- Kids & Husband slept in, I was up at 8am ready to go.
I explored the Boardwalk area which is when I came across one of those CM that is a hidden gem. She works the counter at the Belle Vue Lounge at BW. I bought a tea & sat down. Every person that walked in she greeted like they were her long lost friend. I even watched ppl come in to say goodbye to her & let her know when they would be back again. She was absolutely delightful.
Once the gang was up, w/out our knowing this became a 3pks in one day.... to be continued.

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

Great trip report, so far. I have always had a curiosity about the surf lesson, can you give a more in depth review on this? And so true your title, Hot doesn't begin to explain it, it's been like this since mid June...can't wait for Dec. when we can cool down to 80 degrees ;)
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

Great report! I also enjoyed the Surf Lesson aspect. Looks really fun!

#4 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

We stayed in almost the same room last year! It was really quiet. Sounds like a great trip so far!

#5 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

@yulilin I will happily write a surf report. I'll finish up trip report this wknd & then start on it.

@yulilin & @QuickGold- thinking we might have a Reunion activi-tay!! Surfs-up!

@sarazy I was so shocked. My kids are AKL die hards & were NOT happy about mom trying something new, but they fell in LOVE w/this place. They want me to try to get the same room next time we're in WDW ...as a family (my husband & I are going in Sept/Oct...tee-hee!)

#6 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Three parks in one day is on Hot hot hot part Duex

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users