• You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends Planning Questions and answers for the early planner

#21 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

View PostSkywalkersDad, on May 24 2010, 12:27 PM, said:

Yulady posted in her weekend one report: "Not doing JTA this year but it seems that the new system of first come, first served is booking all the shows in the first 5min of park opening, plus if it's EMH the people already in can start making the line early."

Does that mean you can sign up for any one of that day's JTA sessions if you get there at park opening? My son has wanted to do JTA for a while now, so I'm curious if I need to head over there first thing when the park opens.

You have to go to Sounds Dangerous at rope drop, line up and they'll give you a card with the time that you have to come back. I don't think you can choose at what time you want to come back, it's just ike a FP's. The line for signing up for JTA went all the way to the entrance of Indy on Saturday at 9am.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#22 User is offline   SkywalkersDad 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

Thanks! I now know what to do at rope drop... :)

#23 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

Does anyone have the meet and greet times for the Rebel side? I got the Empire side times: http://yfrog.com/85gyrj.
I got it from a reporter from this website covering weekend 1. Plus it has some cool pics as well.

#24 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

View PostPipper011, on May 31 2010, 11:26 AM, said:

Does anyone have the meet and greet times for the Rebel side? I got the Empire side times: http://yfrog.com/85gyrj.
I got it from a reporter from this website covering weekend 1. Plus it has some cool pics as well.

That schedule is all I've seen. The times can vary, even those that you see, so don't assume they are going to hold up precisely for the weekend you're attending.

#25 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Thanks, Quickgold!! Hope to see you next weekend!!!

#26 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

Starting to really dread weekend 3...We've been getting to DHs at 5:30am and have accomplished everything we wanted. But just by asking people that we've had around is in the previous 2 weekends they seem to be planning on getting there next weekend much, much earlier...So my dillema is
Scenario 1: get to DHS same time 5:30am and running the risk of not getting a FP's
Scenario 2: Getting to DHs around 4am and getting a FP and being tired the rest of the day (there's no possibility of us returning home during the day)
I'm leaning toward scenario 1...I just don't have the energy to get there so early, I'll probably get in line for Billy Dee Williams and my son will get in line for Ray Park and my daughter for Dave Filoni and then be at peace if we don't get to meet Williams

#27 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

I think getting in line between 5am to 5:30am will be okay!! Remember that Ray Park will split groups up and it will ease Billy Dee's line. I'm planning on getting there around that time as well.

#28 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

View PostPipper011, on Jun 1 2010, 03:41 PM, said:

I think getting in line between 5am to 5:30am will be okay!! Remember that Ray Park will split groups up and it will ease Billy Dee's line. I'm planning on getting there around that time as well.

I know that Ray gets alot of people, but he's also coming the last week, so for the regulars they might just wait till the last weekend to meet him.
Anyways I made my decision and will go at my usual 5:30am (maybe a bit earlier) I've talked to the kids and there will be no whining allowed if we don't get to meet Mr. Williams.
Maybe I'll see you there, I'll be wearing my blue SWW studioscentral shirt.

#29 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

I'll be at Weekend 3 on Sunday for a good portion of the day

#30 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

I'll keep an eye on you wearing your blue mgmstudios.org shirt. If I'm already in line when you arrive i'll save you a spot.

#31 User is offline   icecoldpenguin 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Video Games, Music all kinds, MOVIES, fantasy and sci fi novels, history, documentaries, STAR WARS, tattoos, toy collecting, gadgets, photography

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

Too bad none of you will be there weekend 4 with me. I will be there friday can't do saturday because we have cirque in the evening and I don't have a long enough trip. I am going to try to be there for the parade meet up though :) Anyway friday the 11th I will be in line at 5:00 am in case anyone wants to join I will be in bulloch's my boyfriend in parks my boyfriends mom in mayhew and if I can drag my boyfriends brother he will be in eckstein.

Can't wait I am so excited.

TD
Smile It Confuses People!
TD

#32 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

View Posticecoldpenguin, on Jun 2 2010, 01:24 PM, said:

Too bad none of you will be there weekend 4 with me. I will be there friday can't do saturday because we have cirque in the evening and I don't have a long enough trip. I am going to try to be there for the parade meet up though ;) Anyway friday the 11th I will be in line at 5:00 am in case anyone wants to join I will be in bulloch's my boyfriend in parks my boyfriends mom in mayhew and if I can drag my boyfriends brother he will be in eckstein.

TD

I may be able to go that last Friday but I'm not sure yet...BTW are you the one that just posted a response to the upset people on some "other" dis board because Vader didn't high five a kid?? I didn't want to get into that debate but come on...it's not like the kid will be scarred for life :)

#33 User is offline   icecoldpenguin 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Video Games, Music all kinds, MOVIES, fantasy and sci fi novels, history, documentaries, STAR WARS, tattoos, toy collecting, gadgets, photography

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

View Postyulilin, on Jun 2 2010, 12:28 PM, said:

I may be able to go that last Friday but I'm not sure yet...BTW are you the one that just posted a response to the upset people on some "other" dis board because Vader didn't high five a kid?? I didn't want to get into that debate but come on...it's not like the kid will be scarred for life :)

**hiding** yeah that was me lol ok im sorry but i mean come on you as a parent have to take some responsibility for that...i don't mean you i mean to the parent of the kid. if it had been me I honestly probably would have started laughing that my kid was so upset and I would have given him a hug and gotten him an ice cream and moved on...I was not trying to be cruel but I first heard about it on the dis unplugged podcast and I agree with them sometimes its a good opportunity to teach your kids about disappointment. It also reminded me of in the incredibles when buddy the kid gets all vindictive and stuff that little kid might end up like buddy....watch out ok im done!

;)
TD

#34 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

View Posticecoldpenguin, on Jun 2 2010, 01:24 PM, said:

Too bad none of you will be there weekend 4 with me. I will be there friday can't do saturday because we have cirque in the evening and I don't have a long enough trip. I am going to try to be there for the parade meet up though :) Anyway friday the 11th I will be in line at 5:00 am in case anyone wants to join I will be in bulloch's my boyfriend in parks my boyfriends mom in mayhew and if I can drag my boyfriends brother he will be in eckstein.

TD

Will you be at DHS on Sunday of Weekend 4? We're having a meet on that day!

#35 User is offline   icecoldpenguin 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Jun 2 2010, 02:39 PM, said:

I was not really planning on it i mean i'll be right there but that day is a clean up day to do whatever i missed so i can go hop over for a bit. what are we doing?

TD
TD

#36 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Jun 2 2010, 03:39 PM, said:

I didn't know there was a meet that day. What time and where?

#37 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

Here's the info on the weekend 4 meet: http://www.studiosce...?showtopic=6991

#38 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:11 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Jun 3 2010, 11:42 AM, said:

Here's the info on the weekend 4 meet: http://www.studiosce...?showtopic=6991

isn't this meet on saturday? now I'm confused...

#39 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

View Postyulilin, on Jun 3 2010, 12:11 PM, said:

isn't this meet on saturday? now I'm confused...

You're right, I mis spoke

#40 User is offline   ROBODOM 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

On previous SWW visits ( '08&'09) I hoped to purchase an item from the Star Wars Store but funds didn't allow. Now funds are available but I don't have any way of seeing if the item is still carried before spending the money for entry into the park. The item in question was a Skype phone in the shape of a Light Saber and it also came with an R2D2 Camera for Skype use as well. I have been unable to locate a phone number for that specific store and honestly don't even know it's proper name. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated being as this coming weekend is the last chance I may have to get this item.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users