• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disney and Lego Building a Partnership

#1 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

http://blueskydisney...o-my-mouse.html

This is exciting. Those that have played the Star Wars and Indy Lego games (And watched the shorts LEGO has made) knows LEGO can take a franchise and run with it, making it very good (Didn't play Batman so I can't say anything, nor do I want to play it)
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#2 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:31 PM

Love the title Puns are great lol

Can't wait to see what happens with this, and see if the lego store at Downtown Disney will start giving better CM discounts because of it....

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

I feel this is a great match and can't wait to see what happens!

#4 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

To give those of you who haven't played or know much about the Indiana Jones and Star Wars LEGO games, here is Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Brick (It's LEGOs official video for the LEGO Indiana Jones: Original Adventures)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=B5CQbtg-8C0

#5 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

To me the article seemed to be referring to toys more than games, although both would be a plus. One would think that LEGO would be chomping at the bit to get a LEGO Pirates game as it shares all the qualities of the previous games. Popular franchise, trilogy format, large collection of interesting characters (something that Indy couldn't provide).

Oh, and one more thing. Prince of Persia? Are they going to make a game.. based on a movie... that was... based on... a game????

#6 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

Let me first say this: More than likely, this means actual LEGO sets. Doesn't mean that each of these will see game releases. We all know what LEGO can do with their sets but since not everyone plays games, I posted the link just to show what they can do with the movies they make into LEGO video games.

Disney has had Prince of Persia in production for a while now. Comes out next year from Jerry Bruckheimer.

And so I'm reading you right. Star Wars and Indiana Jones, a six and four movie franchise/trilogy, respectively, that has been around for 30-25+ years (Again, respectively) that has a massive amount of characters (Both in movies, also in books, TV shows, toys, clothing, home decor, accessories, and countless other things I've left out). . . . doesn't have the qualities of Pirates? You're actually doing this? The Star Wars and Indy Movies were all ways planned to continue (Don't give me this "Indy 4 was made because of fans", read and listen to Lucas and Spelberg, their plans were to continue Indy all along). . . As opposed to a franchise that was built because Disney saw a cash cow and ran with it? (Go read the articles about why Dead Man's Chest and Worlds End was made, it was simply because Disney wanted it).

I'll also add it that don't you even dare sit there and say that Indy cannot provide those things. Last year sure as hell proved that the "unpopular franchise" as you've branded it, that even after, what? Damn near 20 years, if not more, since the Last Crusade, was pretty damn popular, and obviously still is. Not to mention the amount of children (I'm talking 4-7 year olds) running around the parks wearing Indiana Jones hats (And even dressing like him), knowing who he is and can actually talk about the "non franchise". Do you realize that the show I do, every time I do it and I get to Raiders of the Lost Ark, I have a child yelling out "INDIANA JONES"

So seriously, don't sit there and say that it's not a popular franchise, just don't.

*OK. I need to lay down after that one*

#7 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

It's not a popular franchise.

*snicker*

[/joke]

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#8 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

IndyandMarion said:

And so I'm reading you right. Star Wars and Indiana Jones, a six and four movie franchise/trilogy, respectively, that has been around for 30-25+ years (Again, respectively) that has a massive amount of characters (Both in movies, also in books, TV shows, toys, clothing, home decor, accessories, and countless other things I've left out). . . . doesn't have the qualities of Pirates? You're actually doing this? The Star Wars and Indy Movies were all ways planned to continue (Don't give me this "Indy 4 was made because of fans", read and listen to Lucas and Spelberg, their plans were to continue Indy all along). . . As opposed to a franchise that was built because Disney saw a cash cow and ran with it? (Go read the articles about why Dead Man's Chest and Worlds End was made, it was simply because Disney wanted it).

I'll also add it that don't you even dare sit there and say that Indy cannot provide those things. Last year sure as hell proved that the "unpopular franchise" as you've branded it, that even after, what? Damn near 20 years, if not more, since the Last Crusade, was pretty damn popular, and obviously still is. Not to mention the amount of children (I'm talking 4-7 year olds) running around the parks wearing Indiana Jones hats (And even dressing like him), knowing who he is and can actually talk about the "non franchise". Do you realize that the show I do, every time I do it and I get to Raiders of the Lost Ark, I have a child yelling out "INDIANA JONES"

So seriously, don't sit there and say that it's not a popular franchise, just don't.

*OK. I need to lay down after that one*

Hey, you misinterpreted me. The only thing I meant to say was that the Indiana Jones franchise does not have nearly as long a list of characters that are interesting to pay with as Star Wars, Batman, or Pirates. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Indy, and that's pretty much the problem, his game had only one GREAT character.

#9 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

OK. I get what you're saying now. So, I'll apologize for the attack.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users